My Samsung Galaxy Note is driving me crazy. When I plug it up it shows that it is charging. I usually plug it up when I'm going to bed but when I wake up it is dead and has turned itself off. It shows it's charging the whole time. It will charge slowly when it's turned off but it won't hold a charge. It shows 100% charged but as soon as you unplug it, it immediately drops to 85%. I thought it may be a battery problem so I ordered a brand new one through the AT&T store. Same problem. The phone is usually dead within about 2 hours after charging it. It's useless this way. I'm thinking about going back to an HTC because I've never had problems with those but I wanted to give this a shot first. Can somebody help?
    04-22-2015 06:04 AM
    The first thing I would do is try a replacement power supply and a replacement usb cable.
    04-22-2015 12:08 PM
    Hi,
    I have a question regarding the normal charging time of my note 4.
    The first two times that I charged it, it ended approximately on 2 hours.
    But the third and fourth time, it finished in about 7 hours.
    Is it normal? Should I be worry and buy a new battery?
    04-25-2015 03:17 PM
    At what point did you put it on charge, did it perhaps need to be charged more? Although 7 hours seems to be a little excessive. How old is that battery? The note has a replaceable battery so replacing it would be easy enough.
    04-25-2015 04:09 PM
    At what point did you put it on charge, did it perhaps need to be charged more? Although 7 hours seems to be a little excessive. How old is that battery? The note has a replaceable battery so replacing it would be easy enough.
    Around 7 percent, I plugged in the charger.
    I got the phone 5 days ago.
    04-26-2015 02:44 PM
    You are using the power supply and USB cable that came with it? If not you may want to try a replacement power supply and a replacement usb cable. What version of Android are you running? You probably have charged the thing once or twice since the first post how much time did that take?
    04-26-2015 04:08 PM
    You are using the power supply and USB cable that came with it? If not you may want to try a replacement power supply and a replacement usb cable. What version of Android are you running? You probably have charged the thing once or twice since the first post how much time did that take?
    Yes, I have been using the power supply and USB cable that came with the phone all these times. My android version is 4.4.4, the update has not come in my region. It was the same. It takes 7 hours to get fully charged.
    04-27-2015 12:57 AM
    Yes, I have been using the power supply and USB cable that came with the phone all these times. My android version is 4.4.4, the update has not come in my region. It was the same. It takes 7 hours to get fully charged.
    Sounds like the first two charges where done in the fast charge mode and then the rest in normal mode. Check to see if Fast Charge Mode is enabled. Go to Settings > General > Battery > Make sure "Fast Charging" is checked.
    04-27-2015 06:22 AM
    Sounds like the first two charges where done in the fast charge mode and then the rest in normal mode. Check to see if Fast Charge Mode is enabled. Go to Settings > General > Battery > Make sure "Fast Charging" is checked.
    I'm sure l disabled the fast charging mode before my first charging. Regardless of that,does 7 hours of charging seem normal ?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 07:14 AM
    I maybe wrong here but I think 7 hour is excessive.
    04-27-2015 08:02 AM
    I even talked to samsung USA via online chat.
    They said "It is because you are using too much of third party apps. Try charging in Safe Mode. It would not be an issue then." Which is ridiculous, once I put the under ultra saving mode and then charged it. It was the same and took 7 hours to get fully charged.

04-27-2015 12:43 PM
    One of my friends has a Galaxy S5. He said the charging process seemed longer for him too during the first couple months. Even the battery will last longer after a while. He said these smart phones has adaptive batteries and during first weeks of usage it gets calibrated for you. And adapt themselves for your consumption.
    This seems more logical to me than whatever that samsung agent told me before.

04-27-2015 12:52 PM