Why won't my Note 3 turn on?

Tangolier

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

My Note 3 had this problem before in Kit Kat but it went away. Now with Lollipop is back.

I go to restart my phone and it just locks up. When i hold power, it vibrates twice, then the blue light pulses, then the white lights adjacent to the home button light up and then sometimes another vibration. In the past if i let the battery run completely down and let it sit all night it would start again but this time that isn't working. Obviously, i can't start in safe mode because there is no Galaxy screen coming on at all.

The battery is fine, the charger is fine. This is a software problem.

Any suggestions? Please oh please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 3 Won't Turn on. Vibrates. Blue light pulses 5 times

Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to boot into Recovery and wipe the cache? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9049

Just curious, how do you know for sure it isn't a battery issue? It may still be worth testing a new battery. If you're near a Best Buy, bring the phone to the Samsung Store there and see if they can let you try out a new battery. They might also have some other troubleshooting ideas.

Tangolier

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your response!

I have two batteries and two chargers. Once the charge is completely expired and i plug it in the red light comes on. It will continue to vibrate and the LED will continue to flash for hours after a short charge.

also, it has done this before, just never for this amount of time.

I tried the link and alas, i can't get anything on the screen.

i live in korea so instead of best buy, looks like i must go to the samsung service center.

i appreciate your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I don't have much else to suggest. Some might suggest opening up the tablet and checking all of the connections, but if you're not really handy, you run the risk of damaging things further.

Tangolier

May 19, 2015
Visit site

thanks for the input! the guy at the samsung service center had bit of an attitude and insisted that it needed a new LCD. i pointed out that that wasn't the problem and instead, it is a soft brick (which i didn't know how to say in korean). and of course, he replaced the screen (100 bucks) and it still wouldn't fire up. this is the first time i have been addicted to a phone so it really stings not having it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge