Gaining Root on the Precedent

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
There are a couple ways this can be achived ONE is the One Click Root method, unfortunatly it took me 10 tries and still didn't have root the other is a stock/rooted odin package that was made by another guy on another forum which i will post a link to his package it has a readme in it and if you follow the instructions you will have root within about 5 minute... (this is also nice to have if your like me and like to experiment with your phone and do a fubar move like i did yesterday.. and bricked my phone, less than 5 minutes and it was back up and running.) so anyway here is the link to the ODIN root method Enjoy

ODIN Root Method

and now One Click Root

One Click Root

The One Click Root is for the Prevail.. but also is supposed to work on Precedent. as i stated i tried 10 times and still nothing my choice for rooting the precedent is the ODIN Root Method, yes its a bigger file but works extremely well

options1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I followed the instructions, but what keeps happening error messages say files could not be copied, but at the end it says you should be rooted, but I'm not. I've been doing this for so many days. I know you are very busy, but could you walk me through this? One question I had was the drivers that I downloaded to the laptop, how does my phone upload them? And if it did upload them, I do that before I unmount the sd card, right? The second thing is, when the phone reboots, the screen is automatically locked, so I've tried unlocking it and also not touching it, but neither worked. Please help me out.

Thanks so much.

Diana

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I followed the instructions, but what keeps happening error messages say files could not be copied, but at the end it says you should be rooted, but I'm not. I've been doing this for so many days. I know you are very busy, but could you walk me through this? One question I had was the drivers that I downloaded to the laptop, how does my phone upload them? And if it did upload them, I do that before I unmount the sd card, right? The second thing is, when the phone reboots, the screen is automatically locked, so I've tried unlocking it and also not touching it, but neither worked. Please help me out.

Thanks so much.

Diana

which method are you using, odin or one click root?

ibanez4

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
There are a couple ways this can be achived ONE is the One Click Root method, unfortunatly it took me 10 tries and still didn't have root the other is a stock/rooted odin package that was made by another guy on another forum which i will post a link to his package it has a readme in it and if you follow the instructions you will have root within about 5 minute... (this is also nice to have if your like me and like to experiment with your phone and do a fubar move like i did yesterday.. and bricked my phone, less than 5 minutes and it was back up and running.) so anyway here is the link to the ODIN root method Enjoy

ODIN Root Method

and now One Click Root

One Click Root

The One Click Root is for the Prevail.. but also is supposed to work on Precedent. as i stated i tried 10 times and still nothing my choice for rooting the precedent is the ODIN Root Method, yes its a bigger file but works extremely well

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

PumaSpeed

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
First off I apologize for asking a stupid question lol I've been reading a lot about rooting, and am confused about which method to use?, and is it "really" possible to "brick" your phone by just rooting?

Also is it possible to "un-root" your phone if need to be? or want?

So far the 3 methods I have read about for possible rooting on my phone are:

KMS4.0
Prevail-Replenish
Odin (Factory precedent root).

I currently have the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent btw.
Any help you could provide would be much appreciated! :D
Thanx!!

I am long time user of jailbreaking and know in that area it's hard to "brick" your ipod totally.

Last edited:

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
First off I apologize for asking a stupid question lol I've been reading a lot about rooting, and am confused about which method to use?, and is it "really" possible to "brick" your phone by just rooting?

Also is it possible to "un-root" your phone if need to be? or want?

So far the 3 methods I have read about for possible rooting on my phone are:

KMS4.0
Prevail-Replenish
Odin (Factory precedent root).

I currently have the Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Precedent btw.
Any help you could provide would be much appreciated! :D
Thanx!!

I am long time user of jailbreaking and know in that area it's hard to "brick" your ipod totally.

to be honest the easiest and safest way to root your samsung precedent is with the odin, it has been the most successful way to root since it came out..

donfest

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have created a few smartphone apps and want to post them on the Android Market. I am required to take a couple screenshots. I have downloaded a few different app and then tried the The Java SE developers kit and the Android SDK developers kit without luck. My computer keeps getting errors when trying to load the kits. I have spent twice as much time trying to find a screenshot app that works on my phone than I spent creating all the apps I want to post. Most of the apps for screenshots seem to be rooted.

Can anyone help? I just want to do screenshots on my Samsung Galaxy Precedent so I can get these apps listed on market. Thanks in advance.

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have created a few smartphone apps and want to post them on the Android Market. I am required to take a couple screenshots. I have downloaded a few different app and then tried the The Java SE developers kit and the Android SDK developers kit without luck. My computer keeps getting errors when trying to load the kits. I have spent twice as much time trying to find a screenshot app that works on my phone than I spent creating all the apps I want to post. Most of the apps for screenshots seem to be rooted.

Can anyone help? I just want to do screenshots on my Samsung Galaxy Precedent so I can get these apps listed on market. Thanks in advance.

Hi Don first off let me say that yes most screenshot apps need root access,, so what i would suggest

1. back up your apps in the .apk files to you computer,
2. goto Android Area 51 by Clicking Here
3. click on the forums and go check out the selection of pre rooted roms there are also links to the stock rooted odin install, they do require you sign up to download the roms that they made, but the stock odin and such is not theirs so u can download it as a guest. hope this helps you in some way if it does please hit the thanks button.

Reactions: donfest

donfest

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi Don first off let me say that yes most screenshot apps need root access,, so what i would suggest

1. back up your apps in the .apk files to you computer,
2. goto Android Area 51 by Clicking Here
3. click on the forums and go check out the selection of pre rooted roms there are also links to the stock rooted odin install, they do require you sign up to download the roms that they made, but the stock odin and such is not theirs so u can download it as a guest. hope this helps you in some way if it does please hit the thanks button.

Thanks for the reply. I am leaving the country on Sunday and don't want to do anything that could possibly damage my phone since I am depending on it while away. Is there a reliable unrooted screenshot app out there? At this point I have wasted several hours of my life just on this screenshot issue and am willing to even pay to get this over with and move on.

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am leaving the country on Sunday and don't want to do anything that could possibly damage my phone since I am depending on it while away. Is there a reliable unrooted screenshot app out there? At this point I have wasted several hours of my life just on this screenshot issue and am willing to even pay to get this over with and move on.

not that i can think of sorry.. i have been rooted since the day after i got my phone.

donfest

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
not that i can think of sorry.. i have been rooted since the day after i got my phone.

I downloaded the Samsung Driver Zip and the Factory Straight Talk precedent root zip to my PC. Haven't unzipped either and have never transferred programs from my PC to my phone. I am really new to smartphones. Can you walk me through this? I hate to bother but really need to get this screenshot stuff working.

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Samsung Driver Zip and the Factory Straight Talk precedent root zip to my PC. Haven't unzipped either and have never transferred programs from my PC to my phone. I am really new to smartphones. Can you walk me through this? I hate to bother but really need to get this screenshot stuff working.

Step 1
Unzip and install the Samsung Drivers,

Step 2
Back Up all the Important stuff

Step 3
While step 2 is happening Unzip Straight Talk Factory Root Odin

Step 4
Backups complete, Turn off phone put in download mode by holding Vol Down, Camera, Power till you see Downloading In Yellow

Plug USB Cable into Phone

Open the Odin .exe file in the straighttalkroot that you unzipped in step 3

click the ops button and put the file in that says sch****.ops

Click the Boot Button and click on boot.tar
click phone and click on phone.tar
click pda and click on pda.tar

under the first box at top it will say comport something it will be lit up in a off yellow with some numbers in it now click start and it will do the rest the phone will reboot before the program is finished its ok once the phone is at the homescreen you can unplug it and close odin,

now before you start setting it back up you need to turn it off and put it in recovery mode by holding Vol Up, Camera and Power, once you see the yellow screen with reboot install update from zip factory reset use the vol down to highlight factory reset and press the camera button next screen will have an arse load of no's and one silly lil Yes you need to highlight yes and press camera again, now it will come back to the main menu restart or reboot highlighted press camera and wait for phone to boot up, once it is up you can put in your gmail and setup all your apps and stuff I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay