Superuser icon means im rooted?

precedentatl

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my first Android, the Samsung Galaxy Precedent and I am also attempting my first root, using the one click method since the odin has seemed to be deleted. Anyhow now I have this superuser icon that looks like a android symbol with a "x" or arms under the head. Does this mean Im rooted? I would love your help and Ill be glad to help in anyway possible.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Try launching it. If it works your rooted, if not than no. If I remember right, it will list all of your apps that have superuser powers. From there you can restrict those rights.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Try downloading Titanium Backup from the Market, install it and run it... If it asks you for root access permissions then your good to go, otherwise it will give you a warning message saying root access could not be found or something to that effect.

precedentatl

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Try launching it. If it works your rooted, if not than no. If I remember right, it will list all of your apps that have superuser powers. From there you can restrict those rights.

When I open it up it has 3 tab "Apps(no apps in list), Log(no log information), and settings. Shouldnt I be able to access some of this

precedentatl

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading Titanium Backup from the Market, install it and run it... If it asks you for root access permissions then your good to go, otherwise it will give you a warning message saying root access could not be found or something to that effect.

I think ill give it a try i hope its a free app and thanks

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The Android with the crossbones icon is the old version the updated one is an android with an eye patch

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
yes but like i said earlier,When I open it up it has 3 tab "Apps(no apps in list), Log(no log information), and settings.

No no.. I mean if you downloaded Titanium backup (free), installed and ran the application it will do one of two things...

1. If you have root access it will prompt your to allow superuser/root access.

2. If you DONT have root access it will give you a message saying root/superuser access not found or something like that...

Superuser application will only log/show "root" required applications that you have previously ran and accepted permission to allow root access. They will be listed in the Superuser app then.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No prob.. Its rare that you have the Superuser icon and don't have root access... Its happened but its very rare...

Enjoy !

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
No prob.. Its rare that you have the Superuser icon and don't have root access... Its happened but its very rare...

Enjoy !

You can download the superuser app without root access. It won't do anything though. This is what get fully stock.
a6f820e3-a341-5b67.jpg

a6f820e3-a35e-3c94.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You can download the superuser app without root access. It won't do anything though.

Yes well aware of this, I was referring to the occasional rooting process that fails to fully complete a true root. It applies the Superuser app but for some reason root is not achieved. Not often it happens but I have heard of it.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes well aware of this, I was referring to the occasional rooting process that fails to fully complete a true root. It applies the Superuser app but for some reason root is not achieved. Not often it happens but I have heard of it.

Well never mind then. I haven't heard of that but its possible.

creeker2

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a MOTO-G that has excessive background noise on the receiving end. My wife has the same phone with no problem. I called motorola warranty replacement two times and they told me my phone was rooted and therefore the warranty is void. However I have run many different root checker apps and they tell me my phone is not rooted. HELP!. Thank you in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae