Voicemail notification with no new voicemail

ekwed15

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
My phone is displaying the icon for a new voicemail but there are no messages. I've tried restarting the phone, removing the battery, even had a friend purposely leave me a voicemail just to clear it and the icon will not go away and it's driving me crazy. How can I get this icon off my screen?

Gmaoimaui

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I just fixed this problem on my Virgin Mobile (Sprint) HTC EVO V 4G. I got the solution from another post but it is a temporary fix and after googling the problem, it seems this issue problem is across the board affects a variety of phone carriers and a variety of phone brands and models, also issue problem has been around for a very long time with no known solution. Possibly a bug in the program code - isolated to PHONE app and SYSTEM UPDATES IN UPDATE PROFILE (APPLICATION UPDATES).

First - the TEMPORARY[/FONT] FIX FOR REMOVING VOICEMAIL (VOICE MAIL) NOTIFICATION DATA AND ICON FROM STATUS BAR:
1. GO to SYSTEM SETTINGS.
2. SELECT APPS.
3. SELECT ALL (APPS).
4. GO to and SELECT PHONE.
5. PRESS "CLEAR DATA" - the voicemail notification icon will disappear.

This is a TEMPORARY FIX and in isolating the causes - I came across two known causes:
1. The voicemail (voice mail) notification icon will RE-APPEAR in status bar after resetting your phone to factory settings, and
2. The voicemail (voice mail) notification icon will RE-APPEAR in status bar after SYSTEM UPDATES - UPDATE PROFILE.

APP INFO:
Phone (version 3.5.2214292951.367891).

QUESTION(S):
1. Who writes the program (app) code and is responsible for fixing this issue problem isolated to System updates - update profile - application updates for Android phones?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac