I may return my note3 for this beast

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Nothing like that picture is going to hit the market anytime soon. You can't condense everything needed into that small spot at the bottom.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This reminds me of when the iPhone 5 was gonna come out and supposedly have a projector keyboard and projector screen built in it. This seems more realistic, but to have specs comparable to the note 3? Very unlikely.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 2

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I actually bet that samsung has something like it already for a proof of concept. I would just bet that it isn't designed to last more then 20 or so min. But even for 20 min that is so kick ***.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure you'll see it launched in Sammy's homeland quickly, but in extremely limited numbers. FCC and UW certification for consumer distribution in the USA is going to take a looooooong time.

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you'll see it launched in Sammy's homeland quickly, but in extremely limited numbers. FCC and UW certification for consumer distribution in the USA is going to take a looooooong time.

There have been things like this for awhile. The reason it won't get released is two fold: 1. What advantages does it have over a "regular" smartphone? Meaning, hows does a bending screen help you accomplish anything? 2. Battery. Unfortunately, batteries haven't improved that much for a long time. For something like this to become remotely viable, we are going to have to see batteries get considerably smaller while maintaining how much charge they can hold.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree.

This will come out in Korea first with NO USA LTE bands or HSPA+ or anything most likely.

Would be pointless in the US

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Might as well ask for a unicorn since the specs are all rumors and a flexible screen in a non-flexible body doesn't do anything for me. Give me a flexible, wrap around Galaxy Gear (like concept pictures) and then we'll talk about how great flexible display technology is.

Clickbeast

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
lol good luck with waiting for that, OP.

If you think a trademark application and foreign certification equates to a release within the foreseeable future, you're in for a rude awakening. We'll probably be on a note 4 by the time this is even realistically feasible.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung marketing wouldn't be so stupid to release this version anytime soon. They can't sell the current note 3 if they release the flexible screen note 3.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Korean often gets limited editions of phones... so I can believe this phone will be for Asia only... at least for now. Flexible screens are new tech too... so they probably want to test them out before shipping the devices out worldwide.

Posted via Android Central App

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You realize the rumored phone isn't going to Be "flexible", the screen tech is, but it'll be in one position just like the round. We will not see "flexible" phones anytime soon

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1