Galaxy S II LTE for ATT Confirmed??

raycpe

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Check out this tutorial video posted by Samsung Canada. Rogers Canada just released an LTE version of the S II this week, but look at the carrier names on the homescreen. ATT/Rogers. Is this the confrimation we are looking for the an LTE phone is on its way to the US very soon?? I m still hearing we should know something Nov 6th:

Reactions: planoman

SoCaliTrojan

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Makes no difference for me. I won't see LTE for maybe at least another year. I think my area still needs to get faster fake 4g now. My wifi is over three times faster, and I have the basic cable internet plan. Anyway, the current speed is sufficient enough for my needs.

raycpe

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung Focus and Flash are hitting AT&T on the 6th, so it is not out of the realm of possibilities. But the AT&T stores here in Houston aren't selling the Galaxy S II, you can only find it at BestBuy. They are not even advertising it. They have been told they should know something about the LTE phone in the 6th. This is from multiple reps at multiple Houston locations.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Good info. Although DFW is an LTE market, they did launch the SGSII here. I picked one up on launch day, October 2. The phone was fine but I started hearing these rumors and the dates were all after the 30 days return policy.

I decided to return the SGSII and wait to see what plays out. I know a lot of people with an SGSII in DFW will be pissed if they launch the LTE version or a good LTE phone after the return period for the SGSII.

Raycpe, thanks for all your info on this topic!

Mercurial_Morpheus

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
They don't sell it nor the Atrix II at any ATT in Modesto. One authorized retailer claimed it was due to an LTE version coming later this year. I know Verizon just made this city an LTE zone. I'm hoping to pick one up soon, so hopefully we get the details.

raycpe

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Good info. Although DFW is an LTE market, they did launch the SGSII here. I picked one up on launch day, October 2. The phone was fine but I started hearing these rumors and the dates were all after the 30 days return policy.

I decided to return the SGSII and wait to see what plays out. I know a lot of people with an SGSII in DFW will be pissed if they launch the LTE version or a good LTE phone after the return period for the SGSII.

Raycpe, thanks for all your info on this topic!

No Problem, I am just like you guys. I don't want to buy the S II if an LTE version is coming out.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Isn't that like kicking current Galaxy S2 At&t owners in the teeth?

Only if you're in an LTE market. And technology always changes. Kind of the risk you take getting a phone.

What I want to know is if Best Buy will carry it outside of LTE markets.

Sent from my SGS II

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
At least they announced it before the 30 day mark of the sgsII launch. lf you want lte, return the sgsII ASAP. Most people will not care or do not know the difference. Enough rumors going in lte markets where anyone paying any attention should be clued in.

Of course that is an assumption on my part...

Last edited:

ReiMei

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I think this will confuse a lot of costumers to have the same phone in two different models at the stores.

I personally wouldn't get AT&T though.

Edge1978

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they will drop the price of the original SGS II with the release of the Skyrocket. I live nowhere near an LTE market.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they will drop the price of the original SGS II with the release of the Skyrocket. I live nowhere near an LTE market.

The skyrocket is 249.99! Can't wait to see battery life on this bad boy! I know it should be better than verizon lte due to no need for a separate lte radio !?

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So..........we can't keep our unlimited data with these new LTE plans or what? Should I run and return my Galaxy S II right now living in ATL or stay with what I got? lol

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So..........we can't keep our unlimited data with these new LTE plans or what? Should I run and return my Galaxy S II right now living in ATL or stay with what I got? lol

The press release said you can keep your unlimited smartphone plan if you currently have it!

Edit: Actually, it says exisiting customers do not need to switch their current plans. I am sure they will clarify that point.

Last edited: