Galaxy S II LTE for ATT Confirmed??

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if I can return this phone if I bought the GSII Oct 2nd? I mean that's like right at 30days or yesterday or what I don't know how AT&T works. I feel like I've been had if they released this exactly 30days after their first GSII

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The biggest thing I see here with the AT&T LTE is the price points on the 2 phones they announced. The Samsung is $249 and HTC is $199, $50 and $100 lower then Verizon's LTE phones. This may have to do with the AT&T market being really small right now (five cities). Will be interesting to see the prices on both a year from now.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if I can return this phone if I bought the GSII Oct 2nd? I mean that's like right at 30days or yesterday or what I don't know how AT&T works. I feel like I've been had if they released this exactly 30days after their first GSII

If you want an option to get the lte version I would take it back ASAP!

Today is 30 days!

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
*sigh* i don't know what to do

EDIT: I think I'm just going to keep mine. I like 4.3Inch. I think 4.5 was a lil too big....and even though its 1.5GHz I'm pretty sure it's not as good a chip as our 1.2GHz(Eynos vs Qualcomm or Snapdragon). Would be nice to futureproof myself living in ATL with LTE but it's still very underdeveloped and I like my phone. Don't feel like walking into AT&T store returning this phone with the Flu mind you and asking if I can keep my unlimited data plan with the new LTE plan and getting the run-around. Than if I return this phone I can't buy the Skyrocket today and I have no other phone I can use and would have to basically rent a phone until next week and return again. That is even if they have them next week considering they're probably only launching them in certain markets.

Last edited:

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
*sigh* i don't know what to do

EDIT: I think I'm just going to keep mine. I like 4.3Inch. I think 4.5 was a lil too big....and even though its 1.5GHz I'm pretty sure it's not as good a chip as our 1.2GHz(Eynos vs Qualcomm or Snapdragon). Would be nice to futureproof myself living in ATL with LTE but it's still very underdeveloped and I like my phone. Don't feel like walking into AT&T store returning this phone with the Flu mind you and asking if I can keep my unlimited data plan with the new LTE plan and getting the run-around. Than if I return this phone I can't buy the Skyrocket today and I have no other phone I can use and would have to basically rent a phone until next week and return again. That is even if they have them next week considering they're probably only launching them in certain markets.

Or you could just call them, explain your situation on getting the GSII on launch and ask if they'd let you swap it over when the LTE comes out, putting you at 35days?

litesout

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I too am wondering about whether or not I'll be able to keep my unlimited data plan if I switch to an LTE handset. From what I can tell we won't have it here anytime in the near future so its really not a selling point for me. To be perfectly honest, the only reason I haven't gone to GS2 is the price. I'm hoping these handsets will spur a drop for the GS2.

hexproject

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
price will definitely dropped.

Picked up an GS2 at Fry's for $119 plus tax.
AT&T online is still at $199.. so that's probably going to drop.

Got 30 days and wait to see how good is the SKYROCKET....

But $119 vs. $249... for LTE... even though i am not in a LTE market...
It will be interesting to future proof right now...

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a manager at the AT&T store and even though my 30days are up to return my GSII today he would let me exchange for a Skyrocket if and when they get them after I explained my situation. I like 4.3 but I'll get this phone for the sake of futureproofing myself for LTE living in Atlanta and not wanting to wait 2years for another upgrade.

Only thing I forgot to ask is if I could keep my unlimited data plan with their LTE plans because I'll keep what I got if they try to pull some crap like not letting me keep it but I am pretty sure Verizon did this when they went LTE so I don't know.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a manager at the AT&T store and even though my 30days are up to return my GSII today he would let me exchange for a Skyrocket if and when they get them after I explained my situation. I like 4.3 but I'll get this phone for the sake of futureproofing myself for LTE living in Atlanta and not wanting to wait 2years for another upgrade.

Only thing I forgot to ask is if I could keep my unlimited data plan with their LTE plans because I'll keep what I got if they try to pull some crap like not letting me keep it but I am pretty sure Verizon did this when they went LTE so I don't know.

Told ya it didn't hurt to ask. :)

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
My friend works for Att and they install LTE ant. and hardware for almost a yr now. Expect Santa Barbara all the way to San Diego to be LTE by the first quarter 2012

Thanks for sharing the info.
Do you know anything about Lompoc? It's about 30 minutes north of Santa Barbara, next to Vandenburg AFB.

jjasnval

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the info.
Do you know anything about Lompoc? It's about 30 minutes north of Santa Barbara, next to Vandenburg AFB.
Paso Robles if that is close to you. I was suprise they even put one in lake Isabella. AT&T believe, LTE technology is the future. They invest heavy on this so don't be suprise to find a signal in places you won't expect. Now that they have a phone its just a matter of time to turn the switch on.

Reactions: CZ Eddie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad