12-04-2011 12:26 PM
158 12345 ...
tools
    how do you get the 100 gift card? im a silver reward member
    Its only for new or upgraded 2 year contracts. I have been up for a while, which is why i'm biting.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ear...00a76f80067dcd
    11-05-2011 10:24 PM
    I was wondering if anyone has ever had AT&T give them an upgrade early? I am eligible for an upgrade in exactly 1 month and would love to jump on this "free" Galaxy S2 deal. Has anyone ever gotten an early upgrade? If so, how would I go about getting one?

Or am I just screwed for now and need to just hope and pray another deal comes along in a month?
    I've never actually tried, so I can't give any advice, but its always worth a shot.
    11-05-2011 10:25 PM
    Just go in and ask if you could upgrade early, as you been a great customer, that your looking to get a new phone right now because your phone is giving you problems. Tell them you seem some great phones with the competitors have considered leaving but would rather stay with them if they could possibly give you the early upgrade.
    Would I call AT&T to do that or do it from the store?
    11-05-2011 10:30 PM
    thats online only.
    11-05-2011 10:32 PM
    Would I call AT&T to do that or do it from the store?
    I would call as they're more flexible. Ive done it before over the phone.
    11-05-2011 10:33 PM
    I would call as they're more flexible. Ive done it before over the phone.
    Well I called and they did approve an early upgrade, but only through them so the phone would cost $200. I would rather wait the 3.5 weeks until I am eligible and get it at Walmart for $150. Hopefully with the Skyrocket coming out the regular price will drop some more by then...
    11-06-2011 12:25 PM
    Well I called and they did approve an early upgrade, but only through them so the phone would cost $200. I would rather wait the 3.5 weeks until I am eligible and get it at Walmart for $150. Hopefully with the Skyrocket coming out the regular price will drop some more by then...
    Then go to a store don't give up.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 01:59 PM
    Then go to a store don't give up.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    I did, I tried going in to an AT&T store and I even went to Best Buy. AT&T notated my account to allow me to upgrade early, and when I went to the AT&T store they saw that when they looked up my account, but my official upgrade date is still December. Both the rep in the store and the one on the phone said it is simply not possible to change the upgrade date because that is calculated automatically based on the cost of your bill and when you last upgraded (this is why some people, like my boss are eligible for an upgrade every year instead of every 2, because their bill is so high...he does have to add 2 years to his contract every time though). Its also the same reason that even though my wife and I upgraded to iPhone 4's on the same day I am eligible for upgrade 3 months before her, because I am the primary line and the majority of the monthly bill is attributed to my line.

Anyway, long story short, neither Best Buy or Target or wherever can give me an upgrade either until December or until AT&T changes my official upgrade date...which I was told in person, on the phone, and on chat is impossible.

Looks like I just have to wait until December and hope another deal comes along.

I did find out some interesting information though, for AT&T upgrades just go by month, so if your upgrade date is 11-30-2011 then you were actually able to upgrade on the first of November. For people whose date is toward the end of the month this is quite beneficial. Unfortunately, my date was for the beginning of December anyway so this makes less than a week difference for me. Oh well.
    11-06-2011 02:39 PM
    The skyrocket just came out here in Sacramento and its $149.99 with an upgrade at corporate ATT stores; $100 cheaper than the expected $249.99. The Rep in the store said this deal is only for north California.
    11-06-2011 05:52 PM
    The skyrocket just came out here in Sacramento and its $149.99 with an upgrade at corporate ATT stores; $100 cheaper than the expected $249.99. The Rep in the store said this deal is only for north California.
    He's lying to you to make you feel like you got a deal. Its 149.99 in so cal as well and in other parts from what i can tell unless you already have lte active in your city.
    11-06-2011 05:57 PM
    Haha OK. Well anyways, I have it now. The good news: it comes with Headphones! (The original didn't). The bad news: it feels really hot for some reason and this page is running really slow on full desktop version. Maybe its a flash ad causing it or possibly this dynamic HTML text box im writing in. The keys aare like a quarter of a second behind as I type.

Also, the charger cable is so damn short you literally can't do anything with the phone while its charging unless you hug the wall. Pretty disappointed about that.

Now why the EFF is the phone so hot without even plugging it in?
    11-06-2011 11:54 PM
    Alright. I turned off flash but typing inin this quickpost box is ridiculously slow. Can aanyone else verify this by viewing the foforums in full desktop mode then posting with the quickreply box? Im hoping its tthe JavaScript used for the box and not the phone itself.
    11-06-2011 11:59 PM
    Haha OK. Well anyways, I have it now. The good news: it comes with Headphones! (The original didn't). The bad news: it feels really hot for some reason and this page is running really slow on full desktop version. Maybe its a flash ad causing it or possibly this dynamic HTML text box im writing in. The keys aare like a quarter of a second behind as I type.

Also, the charger cable is so damn short you literally can't do anything with the phone while its charging unless you hug the wall. Pretty disappointed about that.

Now why the EFF is the phone so hot without even plugging it in?
    Must be the Qualcomm making it hot, haha jk. But hey, it's getting cold out; hand warmer anyone?
    If I remember right, I remember hearing when the international version was released it too was hot even when unplugged.
    11-07-2011 12:01 AM
    Also, you might've noticed the double letters... I didnt ddo that. Either the phone e did it or this quickpost box is not optimized for mobile at aall.
    11-07-2011 12:02 AM
    Alright so I'm back and I'm on the Samsung captivate and its running perfectly. That doesn't seem to be good... the rendering seems to be much better on the captivate! Wtf?

Moving the web page around seems much more repnsive on the captivate... maybe somethings wrong with this skyrocket because its not even performing as nicely with the web page rendering and is ridiculously over hearing...
    11-07-2011 12:18 AM
    OK the phone e cooled off now and seems to be better.... I have no idea why this happened.

So anyways, while panning around on this page with both the captivate and the skyrocket, I noticed more checkered areas on the skyrocket than the captivate. I wonder why this is happening...
    11-07-2011 12:24 AM
    OK the phone e cooled off now and seems to be better.... I have no idea why this happened.

So anyways, while panning around on this page with both the captivate and the skyrocket, I noticed more checkered areas on the skyrocket than the captivate. I wonder why this is happening...
    Have you tried different browsers?
    11-07-2011 12:27 AM
    Yeah... I think this skyrocket has problems... its super hot again just panning sound and the typing is lagging. Im kinda disappointed!

Im going to test the ones at the store and see how they do tomorrow. Ill probably exchange it for a new skyrocket... if I still have these unresponsive and laggy behaviors (slower than a captivate) then im definitely going back to the original sgs2.
    11-07-2011 12:29 AM
    Yeah... I think this skyrocket has problems... its super hot again just panning sound and the typing is lagging. Im kinda disappointed!

Im going to test the ones at the store and see how they do tomorrow. Ill probably exchange it for a new skyrocket... if I still have these unresponsive and laggy behaviors (slower than a captivate) then im definitely going back to the original sgs2.
    Yeah, definitely take it back and see. There's always those few bad ones! You might have just been unlucky.
    11-07-2011 12:31 AM
    @codycorexxx I've only tried the android browser. I shouldn't have to try another browser. This is really lagging. WOW
    11-07-2011 12:32 AM
    YYeah I hope iits only this one!
    11-07-2011 12:33 AM
    @codycorexxx I've only tried the android browser. I shouldn't have to try another browser. This is really lagging. WOW
    I'm at least a little curious if it would solve the problem.

I know on a ROM I used on the Tab 10.1, the stock browser was terribly slow and unresponsive, but others were perfectly fine.
    11-07-2011 12:34 AM
    Has anyone else noticed that with the infuse through skyrocket fixed items on a webpage don't get their psition updated until you are done panning?... on the captivate though the fixed psoitions are rendered in real time while you pan.
    11-07-2011 12:35 AM
    Hmmmmm... let me try Firefox...
    11-07-2011 12:36 AM
    well the android browser definitely renders and pans better on pages than firefox.

honestly, the lack of performance on this skyrocket is very noticeable. i hope its just defe tove and not actually skyrocket. if it is skyrocket, then i can definitely say I'll be sacrificing LTE for the original sgs2.
    11-07-2011 12:51 AM
158 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD