Should I get the Skyrocket or the original Galaxy S2?

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Haha OK. Well anyways, I have it now. The good news: it comes with Headphones! (The original didn't). The bad news: it feels really hot for some reason and this page is running really slow on full desktop version. Maybe its a flash ad causing it or possibly this dynamic HTML text box im writing in. The keys aare like a quarter of a second behind as I type.

Also, the charger cable is so damn short you literally can't do anything with the phone while its charging unless you hug the wall. Pretty disappointed about that.

Now why the EFF is the phone so hot without even plugging it in?

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Alright. I turned off flash but typing inin this quickpost box is ridiculously slow. Can aanyone else verify this by viewing the foforums in full desktop mode then posting with the quickreply box? Im hoping its tthe JavaScript used for the box and not the phone itself.

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Haha OK. Well anyways, I have it now. The good news: it comes with Headphones! (The original didn't). The bad news: it feels really hot for some reason and this page is running really slow on full desktop version. Maybe its a flash ad causing it or possibly this dynamic HTML text box im writing in. The keys aare like a quarter of a second behind as I type.

Also, the charger cable is so damn short you literally can't do anything with the phone while its charging unless you hug the wall. Pretty disappointed about that.

Now why the EFF is the phone so hot without even plugging it in?

Must be the Qualcomm making it hot, haha jk. But hey, it's getting cold out; hand warmer anyone?
If I remember right, I remember hearing when the international version was released it too was hot even when unplugged.

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, you might've noticed the double letters... I didnt ddo that. Either the phone e did it or this quickpost box is not optimized for mobile at aall.

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I'm back and I'm on the Samsung captivate and its running perfectly. That doesn't seem to be good... the rendering seems to be much better on the captivate! Wtf?

Moving the web page around seems much more repnsive on the captivate... maybe somethings wrong with this skyrocket because its not even performing as nicely with the web page rendering and is ridiculously over hearing...

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
OK the phone e cooled off now and seems to be better.... I have no idea why this happened.

So anyways, while panning around on this page with both the captivate and the skyrocket, I noticed more checkered areas on the skyrocket than the captivate. I wonder why this is happening...

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
OK the phone e cooled off now and seems to be better.... I have no idea why this happened.

So anyways, while panning around on this page with both the captivate and the skyrocket, I noticed more checkered areas on the skyrocket than the captivate. I wonder why this is happening...

Have you tried different browsers?

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... I think this skyrocket has problems... its super hot again just panning sound and the typing is lagging. Im kinda disappointed!

Im going to test the ones at the store and see how they do tomorrow. Ill probably exchange it for a new skyrocket... if I still have these unresponsive and laggy behaviors (slower than a captivate) then im definitely going back to the original sgs2.

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... I think this skyrocket has problems... its super hot again just panning sound and the typing is lagging. Im kinda disappointed!

Im going to test the ones at the store and see how they do tomorrow. Ill probably exchange it for a new skyrocket... if I still have these unresponsive and laggy behaviors (slower than a captivate) then im definitely going back to the original sgs2.

Yeah, definitely take it back and see. There's always those few bad ones! You might have just been unlucky.

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
@codycorexxx I've only tried the android browser. I shouldn't have to try another browser. This is really lagging. WOW

I'm at least a little curious if it would solve the problem.

I know on a ROM I used on the Tab 10.1, the stock browser was terribly slow and unresponsive, but others were perfectly fine.

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that with the infuse through skyrocket fixed items on a webpage don't get their psition updated until you are done panning?... on the captivate though the fixed psoitions are rendered in real time while you pan.

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well the android browser definitely renders and pans better on pages than firefox.

honestly, the lack of performance on this skyrocket is very noticeable. i hope its just defe tove and not actually skyrocket. if it is skyrocket, then i can definitely say I'll be sacrificing LTE for the original sgs2.

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
well the android browser definitely renders and pans better on pages than firefox.

honestly, the lack of performance on this skyrocket is very noticeable. i hope its just defe tove and not actually skyrocket. if it is skyrocket, then i can definitely say I'll be sacrificing LTE for the original sgs2.

Is it just laggy when browsing? How is video streaming?

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
YouTube video streaming seems fine.

Captivate plays flash video about as good as skyrocket. Watching flash videos on nikesb.com is as choppy on skyrocketing as the captivate.

The captivate screen has a higher brightness when both are turned all tthe way up. The colors look better on captivate too. They are more vibrant.

The Baltic feedback is turned all the way up just to barely get the same feedback as on the original galaxy s2.

The captivate sounds better in speaker mode than the skyrocket.

So far, I feel like I've downgraded from the captivate.

...lets hope this isnt the case with the new skyrocket im trying.g tomorrow...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781