Checked the ATT website @ midnight EDT

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind, if I hit the link so that it prompts me for a zip code, then it now gives me the $149 price.
Nice!
Only works in IE though. Can't get that zip code option in Chrome for some reason.

It does say "$100 online discount" though. Hope the brick & mortar store will price match or offer the same deal.

Not yet available at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1384805

Last edited:

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is your area slated to get LTE service within the next three months?
Mine is. Austin, TX.
Supposedly tomorrow, or December at the latest.

No the ATT store says the transmitters are ready but the backbone is not.I'm in Northern Colorado. You are lucky. Looking forward to being in Austin for the first F1 race next year

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
No the ATT store says the transmitters are ready but the backbone is not.I'm in Northern Colorado. You are lucky. Looking forward to being in Austin for the first F1 race next year

The heck with F1.
Come in 2013 when we have our first [international world championship superbike racing] MotoGP race on the new F1 track. :cool:

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anything about LTE going live in CA yet. When I just checked my girlfriends zip here in LA it was 250. But an hour south and the price is 100 less

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anything about LTE going live in CA yet. When I just checked my girlfriends zip here in LA it was 250. But an hour south and the price is 100 less

Los Angeles and San Francisco should be getting LTE by the end of the year, from what I've read. I can't find the articles now though. Google is full of newer NYC LTE articles so it's too time consuming to wade through those for what I read a week or so ago.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I can't order online because I need a new SIM (at least that's what I heard) and it was complaining about my unlimited data plan. I did verify that you can keep your unlimited data plan when you go to LTE. I was told though, that they will no longer give you a subsidized upgrade on that line unless you give up your unlimited plan. So I have to buy my phone outright. So, I'll be ordering over the phone later today.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't order online because I need a new SIM (at least that's what I heard) and it was complaining about my unlimited data plan. I did verify that you can keep your unlimited data plan when you go to LTE. I was told though, that they will no longer give you a subsidized upgrade on that line unless you give up your unlimited plan. So I have to buy my phone outright. So, I'll be ordering over the phone later today.

I think you can just take the phone in to get a new sim card - from what I read

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
New activation has nothing to do with the $149 price.

As someone mentioned, the $149 is for those in LTE-networked areas then? I even have a Premier account thru my company, and coupled with the $100 discount, still at $249. I peeked over at walmart.com, but they don't offer it yet. They typically have sold phones around $40-50 less than ATT if purchased online.

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Well I hope that's not true, because my unlimited data plan is the only reason I'm staying with AT&T. If theyre not going to subsidize, I'll just wait a month until my full 2 years is up and pick up a nexus on Verizon...

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I hope that's not true, because my unlimited data plan is the only reason I'm staying with AT&T. If theyre not going to subsidize, I'll just wait a month until my full 2 years is up and pick up a nexus on Verizon...

But if you switch to Verizon, aren't you going to have to get a tiered data plan as well?

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
As someone mentioned, the $149 is for those in LTE-networked areas then? I even have a Premier account thru my company, and coupled with the $100 discount, still at $249. I peeked over at walmart.com, but they don't offer it yet. They typically have sold phones around $40-50 less than ATT if purchased online.

I don't know that that's accurate. I would expect LA to get LTE before more suburban orange county, but I'm getting 149 under my oc zip code, and my girlfriend in LA is getting 250... I could be wrong though: it could be that OC is setup and it's just not listed on the coverage map.

Edit: AND LA is now listed as $149 instead of 249. Dont know why it changed , but disregard any anecdotal evidence from me. <sigh>

Last edited: