who bought in store?

frizille

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if everyone knows or not, but there is a $100 discount if you buy online rather than in the store. I bought in the store yesterday (unfortunately) and called AT&T this morning to see if they would credit me the $100 to my account but no go... which is fine, but stupid. I'll take this Skyrocket back tomorrow and essential waste a new phone by converting it into B-stock then order online, wait 2 days, and save $100. Net result is the same, AT&T just wastes a phone... but the 3 people I talked to at customer service didn't seem to care so why should I?

Yay for big dumb companies!!

friz

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The ATT store I went to it was $599 off contract.

I got mine for $450. When I first bought my Atrix I printed a copy of the WEB page from AT&T and had LTE highlighted. I specifically asked the manager when LTE rolls out will the Atrix support it. He said yes and even initialed the print out and wrote LTE supported. I took that print out in today and reminded the manager, and told him we both knew that the Atrix doesn't support LTE and asked what he was going to do for me. After a little haggling, him making a phone call we settled on the $450 off contract price. I'm a happy camper.

Hey glad you posted. I also have an Atrix and wanted to ask to your opinion on comparing the two. Can you tell a big difference in speed screen ect? I'd be paying off contract as well but at $599. Do you think it's worth it?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

flamacue

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if everyone knows or not, but there is a $100 discount if you buy online rather than in the store. I bought in the store yesterday (unfortunately) and called AT&T this morning to see if they would credit me the $100 to my account but no go... which is fine, but stupid. I'll take this Skyrocket back tomorrow and essential waste a new phone by converting it into B-stock then order online, wait 2 days, and save $100. Net result is the same, AT&T just wastes a phone... but the 3 people I talked to at customer service didn't seem to care so why should I?

Yay for big dumb companies!!

friz

Is this true in all areas? Do you have to go through the entire purchase to see this rebate? I do not see it advertised anywhere on the at&t site.

craZhorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I want to buy the skyrocket, but am only 6 months into my contract. I have gone into a couple of the corporate stores to see if they would sell me the phone for a reduced price. but no go. I am sure everyone knows that after 180 days on your existing contract you can do a "early upgrade". This involves you paying a fee($250) plus the cost of the phone($249.99 in my area). Well I dropped by one of AT&T's retail stores(not corporate) and they will do the transaction for a fee of $100. So I get the phone for $250 +$100 early upgrade fee=$350. Of course all this is with a new contract.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to buy the skyrocket, but am only 6 months into my contract. I have gone into a couple of the corporate stores to see if they would sell me the phone for a reduced price. but no go. I am sure everyone knows that after 180 days on your existing contract you can do a "early upgrade". This involves you paying a fee($250) plus the cost of the phone($249.99 in my area). Well I dropped by one of AT&T's retail stores(not corporate) and they will do the transaction for a fee of $100. So I get the phone for $250 +$100 early upgrade fee=$350. Of course all this is with a new contract.

In my opinion you're better off adding a new line to your account. Pay 10 dollars a month for the next 24 months. Spreads out the damage.

Creek

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey glad you posted. I also have an Atrix and wanted to ask to your opinion on comparing the two. Can you tell a big difference in speed screen ect? I'd be paying off contract as well but at $599. Do you think it's worth it?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I have no regrets and an glad I bought the SR. Side by side the SR seems faster. I definitly like the bigger screen. The one thing I do miss is the ability to dismiss indvidual notifications in the notification bar. With the SR it's all or none.