11-08-2011 08:30 PM
26 12
tools
    Just want to clear this price thing up with folks who have actually bought skyrocket in the store, please report how it went and what price you paid.

Thanks.
    11-06-2011 11:37 AM
    As for me. Last night online said $250. Then $150 online an hour ago.
    Now I just arrived at the store. They open in 20 min, no one else here.
    ill post back later today what price they quote in store.
    11-06-2011 11:39 AM
    Plan on heading over in a few to check it out, since I will be paying non contract price I plan on looking around.
    11-06-2011 12:08 PM
    $250.00 ATT Atlanta just picked mine up.
    11-06-2011 12:46 PM
    Omg this is so annoying the local att store won't pick up the phone, gonna have to go there just to find out but I dint have high hopes.

from bay area north California where they didn't even have the original sg2. And to my experience they are very dumb about new things happening within their company.
    11-06-2011 01:22 PM
    I bought in San Antonio today for 150. I live in dfw and heard it was 250 up there. I was in San Antonio for my sisters bday. Just happen to stop by a store on way to airport.
    Have not set up yet. They activated a new lte sim card and we put it in my atrix and it works with hspa+ speeds.

Overall it was a fast simple transaction. They never sold the sgsII or the atrix 2 in San Antonio. They were checking out my atrix 2
    And they liked it lol!
    11-06-2011 01:33 PM
    I paid $150. I told them that it was what I saw online. I was the first one in the store purchasing one though, so the rep didn't really know since I was their first buyer and confirmed with her coworker next to her.
    11-06-2011 01:35 PM
    The ATT store I went to it was $599 off contract.

I got mine for $450. When I first bought my Atrix I printed a copy of the WEB page from AT&T and had LTE highlighted. I specifically asked the manager when LTE rolls out will the Atrix support it. He said yes and even initialed the print out and wrote LTE supported. I took that print out in today and reminded the manager, and told him we both knew that the Atrix doesn't support LTE and asked what he was going to do for me. After a little haggling, him making a phone call we settled on the $450 off contract price. I'm a happy camper.
    pounder001 likes this.
    11-06-2011 01:38 PM
    Just got mine an hour ago at a ATT store for US$249. Sure beats my Captivate
    11-06-2011 01:47 PM
    Quick question, anyone check their data plan online? They confirmed with me that mine is still "unlimited," but the at&t site shows "0 MB of 10238976 MB" (which translates to 9999GB--difficult to hit that, but maybe they don't have a phrase for unlimited for the new LTE category). Funny thing is they don't have a billing code yet for LTE on my account. It just says data while the other phones on my account are showing their proper billing codes (eg. GPRS WAP UNLTD DOM - HSDPPB).
    11-06-2011 02:01 PM

I got mine for $450. When I first bought my Atrix I printed a copy of the WEB page from AT&T and had LTE highlighted. I specifically asked the manager when LTE rolls out will the Atrix support it. He said yes and even initialed the print out and wrote LTE supported. I took that print out in today and reminded the manager, and told him we both knew that the Atrix doesn't support LTE and asked what he was going to do for me. After a little haggling, him making a phone call we settled on the $450 off contract price. I'm a happy camper.
    Tried to haggle, no luck paid $599.99
    11-06-2011 02:21 PM
    I just got BestBuy to Price match the ATT Stores here in Houston, and traded in my S II for the Skyrocket. If I am not satisfied within 30 days, I can trade back in for the SII. Bought the S II for $139 via Fry's price match, so I walked way paying 10 bucks for the LTE version in an LTE market. I call that a win. Also did the Buy Back program so if within 6 months, I get them to buy it back, I will get 50% of the regular price of the phone, which they have at $699 and 40% at a year.
    11-06-2011 03:20 PM
    Best Buy also offered to price match and said they had the phone in-stock.
    I was going to use the 5000 points Rewards Program but it is not available on this phone.

So I ditched Best Buy and went to my corporate AT&T store. Faster in-and-out service. Only 10 minutes, plus the other 10 minutes because they couldn't figure out where they hid all the phones at. lol

I am VERY disappointed with the Moshi screen protector and Otter Box case.

The Moshi make the screen very dim and blurry. Also, it only hides some of the "Samsung" characters on the phone so you see half the name and not the other half.

And the Otter Box is very slippery feeling compared to my Case-Mate case on my Infuse. Both items are going back tomorrow.

I attached pictures of my receipt where it verifies I have unlimited data and also of the Moshi screen protector cutout where you see part of the "Samsung" label.
    11-06-2011 03:26 PM
    Best Buy also offered to price match and said they had the phone in-stock.
    I was going to use the 5000 points Rewards Program but it is not available on this phone.

So I ditched Best Buy and went to my corporate AT&T store. Faster in-and-out service. Only 10 minutes, plus the other 10 minutes because they couldn't figure out where they hid all the phones at. lol

I am VERY disappointed with the Moshi screen protector and Otter Box case.

The Moshi make the screen very dim and blurry. Also, it only hides some of the "Samsung" characters on the phone so you see half the name and not the other half.

And the Otter Box is very slippery feeling compared to my Case-Mate case on my Infuse. Both items are going back tomorrow.

I attached pictures of my receipt where it verifies I have unlimited data and also of the Moshi screen protector cutout where you see part of the "Samsung" label.
    You have 30 days to return. I have returned a moshi before because the anti glare took away from the screen clarity IMO.
    11-06-2011 03:33 PM
    Thanks, I already talked to them about doing that.
    Also was a little disappointed when I removed the Otter Box and found a visible scratch on my back battery cover. I'll have to ask them about that also.
    Damn, I'm picky.

I do like however, the fact that the Moshi doesn't get fingerprints. It's pretty cool that way.
    11-06-2011 03:36 PM
    As for me. Last night online said $250. Then $150 online an hour ago.
    Now I just arrived at the store. They open in 20 min, no one else here.
    ill post back later today what price they quote in store.
    Well, Im not sure why, as my city/county has not been mentioned for any LTE service, but I was only charged $149. I didnt even have to insist thats just what came up on the computer at the store.
    11-06-2011 03:37 PM
    I traded my SGSII in yesterday for the skyrocket. I have no complaints other than a slight difference in the resolution. I got the skyrocket for 150 but paid 200 for the original SG2II so i got 50 buck back, cant really complain there.
    11-07-2011 03:50 PM
    Paid $599 but on contract was $149 in NYC's retail store.
    11-07-2011 04:32 PM
    $250 yesterday in Marietta, GA.
    11-07-2011 05:39 PM
    Didn't buy it (yet..maybe) but 249 in Baltimore yesterday.
    11-08-2011 08:01 AM
    Not sure if everyone knows or not, but there is a $100 discount if you buy online rather than in the store. I bought in the store yesterday (unfortunately) and called AT&T this morning to see if they would credit me the $100 to my account but no go... which is fine, but stupid. I'll take this Skyrocket back tomorrow and essential waste a new phone by converting it into B-stock then order online, wait 2 days, and save $100. Net result is the same, AT&T just wastes a phone... but the 3 people I talked to at customer service didn't seem to care so why should I?

Yay for big dumb companies!!

friz
    11-08-2011 08:42 AM

Hey glad you posted. I also have an Atrix and wanted to ask to your opinion on comparing the two. Can you tell a big difference in speed screen ect? I'd be paying off contract as well but at $599. Do you think it's worth it?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 09:43 AM
    Not sure if everyone knows or not, but there is a $100 discount if you buy online rather than in the store. I bought in the store yesterday (unfortunately) and called AT&T this morning to see if they would credit me the $100 to my account but no go... which is fine, but stupid. I'll take this Skyrocket back tomorrow and essential waste a new phone by converting it into B-stock then order online, wait 2 days, and save $100. Net result is the same, AT&T just wastes a phone... but the 3 people I talked to at customer service didn't seem to care so why should I?

Yay for big dumb companies!!

friz
    Is this true in all areas? Do you have to go through the entire purchase to see this rebate? I do not see it advertised anywhere on the at&t site.
    11-08-2011 11:15 AM
    I want to buy the skyrocket, but am only 6 months into my contract. I have gone into a couple of the corporate stores to see if they would sell me the phone for a reduced price. but no go. I am sure everyone knows that after 180 days on your existing contract you can do a "early upgrade". This involves you paying a fee($250) plus the cost of the phone($249.99 in my area). Well I dropped by one of AT&T's retail stores(not corporate) and they will do the transaction for a fee of $100. So I get the phone for $250 +$100 early upgrade fee=$350. Of course all this is with a new contract.
    11-08-2011 02:40 PM
    I want to buy the skyrocket, but am only 6 months into my contract. I have gone into a couple of the corporate stores to see if they would sell me the phone for a reduced price. but no go. I am sure everyone knows that after 180 days on your existing contract you can do a "early upgrade". This involves you paying a fee($250) plus the cost of the phone($249.99 in my area). Well I dropped by one of AT&T's retail stores(not corporate) and they will do the transaction for a fee of $100. So I get the phone for $250 +$100 early upgrade fee=$350. Of course all this is with a new contract.

In my opinion you're better off adding a new line to your account. Pay 10 dollars a month for the next 24 months. Spreads out the damage.
    11-08-2011 02:45 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD