06-19-2012 02:13 AM
144 1234 ...
tools
    I can now confirm that using GPS on a 1amp car charger in a HSPA+ area will in fact drain the battery?
    This using goggles nav. I am on the phone now with SAMSUNG to see what the true power requirement is for the phone with GPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    11-30-2011 05:16 PM
    Samsung hasn't a clue and claims this is the first they heard about it. Personally I suspect an issue with the ROM loaded on this guy, but I can't confirm until I test further.

Well I decided to fire up Google Nav while plugged into the AC charger that came with the phone and I am continually gaining charge. Seems like my belkin 1amp just isn't cutting it. I am going to test on my drive tomorrow using the ac charger on an inverter to verify that the belkin is the issue.
    11-30-2011 07:33 PM
    I'm making it all day with my Skyrocket. It takes a long time to charge, a lot longer than my iPhone or Xperia Arc S, but it's not too bad. I use my Skyrocket in an HSPA+ area, using it mostly for YouTube, Reddit, and Twitter, so I'm on it a lot at work. I can sometimes get a day and a half out of it, but it's not my only device. If you're concerned with battery life, a 4.5" phone isn't going to be your best option without an extra charger or two.
    11-30-2011 07:40 PM
    The battery life is meh.
    11-30-2011 09:55 PM
    I can confirm that using the ac adapter supplied by samsung on an inverter will supply the adequate amount of power and a Belkin car charger will not supply sufficient power.

12-01-2011 07:39 AM
    My car charger also could not keep up with the drain when using GPS. Looks like I need a better car charger. Anyway, I had some issues with the battery draining fast the first few days, but once I installed juice defender and made an effort to not let apps run in the background, I can get a full day out of this phone with medium to heavy usage.

My issue now is that my phone reports 100% battery for several hours before dropping. Yesterday I used the phone to make a few calls, downloaded some apps, and surfed the web a bit and it was still at 100% after 9 hours at work!?!?!? Once I was home, I used it more and eventually it went down to 80%. It seems like the battery is great, but not reporting the correct level. Is anyone else seeing this?
    12-01-2011 12:12 PM
    How is this possible!!!??: My battery drained 23% over night. The only task that is activated is a reminder app called "Any Do". Nothing else is running. It was a 99% when I went to bed.
    What could be causing this. I'm rooted and disabled everything i know how to disable/autostart.
    12-02-2011 07:49 AM
    Can anyone chime in on what car charger they have that supplies sufficient juice while using google nav or any other GPS enabling app? Does the .750mA charger work?
    12-02-2011 10:38 AM
    My battery life has been good, but not great. It has gotten better in the 3 weeks I've had it though.

I can now go most of the day without charging. That's just a little surfing while at work and then an hour or so of bluetooth streaming while in the car.

I still carry an extra battery in my backpack just in case.

12-02-2011 11:46 AM
    Can anyone chime in on what car charger they have that supplies sufficient juice while using google nav or any other GPS enabling app? Does the .750mA charger work?
    Perhaps think about a cigarette lighter USB adapter. Then you can use it for multiple devices.
    I did some chopping around in my Scion and installed a permanent Dual USB port. Nothing comes close to that functionality!
    12-02-2011 02:32 PM
    I've had the phone for 2 weeks and I'm struggling to get a full days charge with extremly light usage. Something seems to be killing the battery...all syncing & apps I know to close are off...the battery usage says that android system is the biggest battery user...any thoughts?
    12-02-2011 09:28 PM
    I had the iphone, then galaxy s2, then skyrocket.
    The galaxy s2 drained very fast and recharged incredibly slowly.

The skyrocket is immeasurably better. It holds a charge all day unless I am on all day. It recharges relatively fast although not as fast as the iphone. Not much worse though.
    12-03-2011 11:41 AM
    I just got around 17 hours of usage. When I went to sleep and failed to completely turn off the phone it was alive for another 9 hours getting to a extremely low percent.

I thought this was very interesting seeing I usually last 12 hours between charges.
    12-03-2011 12:33 PM
    got 14 hours yesterday, at 31% after 9 hours today. Been rougher today b/c I've been on campus so my phone has been jumping off and on wifi I'm assuming. I'd turn wifi off but since i just switched from sprint i'm still nervous about the whole not unlimited data
    12-05-2011 06:22 PM
    I have been using juice defender for the last 2 days and I have seen a significant improvement in battery life. Better than any other android I have had in the past. Even with heavy use, I am at 30% from 7am to 5pm.
    12-05-2011 09:56 PM
    I've had the phone for 2 weeks and I'm struggling to get a full days charge with extremly light usage. Something seems to be killing the battery...all syncing & apps I know to close are off...the battery usage says that android system is the biggest battery user...any thoughts?
    I have gotten 9 to 11 hours off my battery the 2 days I have had the Skyrocket. My biggest drain is also android system, followed by Dolphin Browser. This is my 3rd Android phone and dolphin has never been my 2nd highest battery drain before.

12-06-2011 04:58 AM
    unplugged my SR 4.0 hours ago, light music playing through headphones (maybe 1 hour), some email reading. In 4GLTE network area. battery at 42%. So I am guestimating 6-7 hours on a charge.. damn!

Going to pick up this battery upgrade I think

12-06-2011 10:11 AM
    It looks like the battery seems to be draining fast for me where the signal is 1 to 3 bars ... it's pretty good when the signal is 4 to 5 bars. I think I notice a lot of difference if the signal is good.
    12-06-2011 07:14 PM
    My SR gets about 14 hrs on a full charge with light to moderate use.
    12-06-2011 07:20 PM
    Before putting your phone on stand-by, try going in to settings, applications, running applications, and stop the unnecessary applications that are running in the background. Also, in your email settings, change your check email frequently to never or a few hours. These are just a few things to consider doing to prevent battery draining. I believe the weather widget also has a recurrent refresh so be sure to look in to that. I've had an iPhone before and the reason why androids have bad battery life is mainly because of apps running in the background and apps refreshing automatically to obtain new data. Also with 4G phones, its constantly falling into 3G and HSPA...

12-07-2011 01:31 AM
    This is day 2 with my SR. I unplugged it at 7AM and I am now just plugging it in when the phone told me it was at 15%. So, I am getting 12-13 hours out of a full charge. I have 2 gmail accounts sync'd on push, 1 yahoo with push, and 1 exchange with push. I use my phone for mostly emails, phone calls. Listened to a couple of songs from Google Music, downloaded a couple of apps and was on the internet for the most of an hour total.

If this good or should I be getting better? I'm coming from an HTC Inspire 4G that wouldn't do half of what I am getting with the SR.
    12-11-2011 07:06 PM
    After reading your experiences, I am thoroughly impressed with the battery life of the skyrocket. I don't have lte in my portion of Chicago, so I am not really worried about getting an lte device yet. I agree that juice defender is really special. I get a full day out of my phone normal usage. I just got an igo anywhere because I am using my phone as my media player for my boombox @work

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II
    12-11-2011 07:19 PM
    This is day 2 with my SR. I unplugged it at 7AM and I am now just plugging it in when the phone told me it was at 15%. So, I am getting 12-13 hours out of a full charge. I have 2 gmail accounts sync'd on push, 1 yahoo with push, and 1 exchange with push. I use my phone for mostly emails, phone calls. Listened to a couple of songs from Google Music, downloaded a couple of apps and was on the internet for the most of an hour total.

If this good or should I be getting better? I'm coming from an HTC Inspire 4G that wouldn't do half of what I am getting with the SR.
    i'd say thats fine. this is how many hours you should be normaly getting with this phone with your usage. I get a little less though but I play with the phone a lot so i have around 3 1/2 sometimes 4 actually...hours of display before the battery hits like 15% I used to get phenomenal results with my Atrix 4G but I understand and dont expect the same from an LTE phone with 4.5 display so i have a spare battery with me all the time I go outside for the whole day. other than that this phone rocks
    12-11-2011 07:28 PM
    i'd say thats fine. this is how many hours you should be normaly getting with this phone with your usage. I get a little less though but I play with the phone a lot so i have around 3 1/2 sometimes 4 actually...hours of display before the battery hits like 15% I used to get phenomenal results with my Atrix 4G but I understand and dont expect the same from an LTE phone with 4.5 display so i have a spare battery with me all the time I go outside for the whole day. other than that this phone rocks
    I probably play on my phone a little more now than I am quoting as it is a new toy and everyone wants to play with their new toy and try everything out. I'm gonna try and download Juice Defender Battery and see if that makes a difference at all.
    12-11-2011 09:13 PM
    just hit 14% - 11hrs 33mins with display on for 4hrs 3min. was doing all kinda things browsing the web playing games a bit and mostly listening to music for about 1 1/2 hours.. its not bad but my Atrix was better.
    12-12-2011 12:17 AM
144 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD