06-19-2012 02:13 AM
144 ... 456
tools
    same here, like I mentioned earlier I can easily get a full day with somewhat moderate use. However I always have my brightness on auto and running a life wallpaper but I'm not using any apps that would constantly connect to the internet except weather and news apps. Overall very pleased with the battery life. looking forward to see what improvements the ICS will bring us
    Good posts with the screenies and everything...I get very good battery out of this phone and I don't feel like I am altering the experience to any large degree....I have posted some screenies also that show that this phone is very capable with some minor battery conservation steps without Juice Defender and so forth. I also btw hate leaving data on the table...last month I gave AT&T back around 2600 mb...ughh...this month I am driving around using netflix the whole time...they aren;t getting my bits back if I can help it!
    05-02-2012 06:35 PM
    I am now thinking about the Anker external battery/charger. Anyone ever tried one of those? Are they good?
    http://www.amazon.com/Anker-5600mAh-...ductPromotions
    05-02-2012 07:22 PM
    Good posts with the screenies and everything...I get very good battery out of this phone and I don't feel like I am altering the experience to any large degree....I have posted some screenies also that show that this phone is very capable with some minor battery conservation steps without Juice Defender and so forth. I also btw hate leaving data on the table...last month I gave AT&T back around 2600 mb...ughh...this month I am driving around using netflix the whole time...they aren;t getting my bits back if I can help it!
    way to go man! I'm tethering my iPad with the phone whenever I can and downloading lots of stuff too on LTE ohh and of course Skype... LTE is pretty fast here in NY... a few times faster than my home cable! lol
    skyrocketeer likes this.
    05-02-2012 07:44 PM
    this thing has pretty good reviews... but still I prefer less bulkier method - a spare battery
    05-02-2012 07:49 PM
    this thing has pretty good reviews... but still I prefer less bulkier method - a spare battery
    If it charges as fast as the original wall charger than I will buy one. It has more than twice the power for a small price increase compared to the OEM battery...and I'm still kinda afraid to touch the back panel too much, it's so thin that I always think that I'll break it or something
    05-02-2012 07:57 PM
    If it charges as fast as the original wall charger than I will buy one. It has more than twice the power for a small price increase compared to the OEM battery...and I'm still kinda afraid to touch the back panel too much, it's so thin that I always think that I'll break it or something
    actually I've seen a vid on some techblog, the guy was trying to mercilessly bend this cover just to show how flexible it is you can google about it
    Edit:
    I actually find the build quality of this phone to be very good and sturdy, much better than my Moto Atrix which had a squeaky noise around the battery cover
    05-02-2012 08:02 PM
    Anyhow, I've placed an order for the Anker gadget I'll post back here in a couple of days to share how is it.
    05-02-2012 08:16 PM
    So my Anker gadget arrived yesterday. So far so good Charging speed is pretty good and it turns off when the phone is fully charged. The device itself is portable and looks really cool can't really say how it holds its charge yet. In a few days i'll try to post that and how many full charges you get for the SR. So far I get one full charge on approximately half of the gadget's charge. So in total it should be about 2-2.5 full charges for SR. IMHO it rocks! It's portable(I can charge my SR with it while in my jeans pocket), it has decent power supply for the price and it's perfect for heavy users and short trips without your wall charger. The gadget itself takes about 6hrs to fully charge.
    dalvik likes this.
    05-05-2012 03:25 PM
    Glad it works so well for you! I looked at the pics again and while I wouldnt really use it to charge my phone I might actually buy it to charge my ipad on the go (it's on one of the pics there) let us know more! thanks
    05-05-2012 04:30 PM
    Glad it works so well for you! I looked at the pics again and while I wouldnt really use it to charge my phone I might actually buy it to charge my ipad on the go (it's on one of the pics there) let us know more! thanks
    Well that's the beauty of this gadget! You can charge anything you want with it: your phone, your tablet, your mp3 player or whatever! As good as spare battery's can be they're only good for one device. So anyway, so far I could get about 3500 mAh from the gadget after only one cycle. So in theory after a while it should "break-in" and give more power. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.
    dalvik likes this.
    05-06-2012 10:04 PM
    Ok so I've spent some time with my Anker. So far I can get about 3500mAh or close to 2 full charges of my SR from 5-10% to 100%. I contacted the customer support about it and they told me this
    "Please kindly be advised , normally speaking, the charger has a 70 to 80% efficiency depends on the quality of the USB cable used and the efficiency of phone's circuit. You may ask where is the other 30% to 20% power going? Here are the detail explaination:
    Before the power goes into the battery, there are two conversion involved.
    First: From 3.7v battery to USB voltage 5.3v
    Second: From 5.3v USB voltage to 4.2v Li-ion charging voltage.
    Every conversion loses power. Also, the circuit has IC regulate the whole process which consumes power. That's why there is no 100% efficiency, 100% efficiency is always not possible in the real world."
    Is it reasonable that I could be losing over 30% of capacity because of that? Cause I don't know if that's true or they're just telling me this to get me off their back.
    05-14-2012 04:20 PM
    Thanks to TgeekB's suggestion, I ordered and installed today a 2250mAh extended slim battery that fits the Skyrocket: Amazon.com: 2250 mAh Extended Slim Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2-LTE i727R Skyrocket: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm posted earlier in this thread that my original battery was giving me around a full day and some change typically (even before the 2.3.6 update), but I wanted to get a spare...why not an extended battery? I'll post soon on what kind of battery life I've been getting from it.
    So, after weeks of running on it, I've been disappointed with its performance. At best, I'd get 18 hours on it, but I was typically getting 14-15 hours. I was expecting it to do better than my stock battery, but this isn't the case.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2
    06-03-2012 02:59 PM
    18 hours isn't good enough? Wow that's really picky. I get 18-20 hours on moderate use and I think that's good. I have a spare one so that's 36 hours without a charger! What more could you ask for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    06-03-2012 03:10 PM
    18 hours isn't good enough? Wow that's really picky. I get 18-20 hours on moderate use and I think that's good. I have a spare one so that's 36 hours without a charger! What more could you ask for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    Since my stock battery averages 6+ hours more than my spare, yeah, I'm being too picky.

06-03-2012 03:14 PM
    I get 4hrs max on a full charge and it takes me 9hrs to charge lucky i have 3 batteries..

Sent from SAMSUNG SGH-I9300 Using android central forums
    06-14-2012 04:56 AM
    I get 4hrs max on a full charge and it takes me 9hrs to charge lucky i have 3 batteries..

Obvious troll is obvious...
    06-14-2012 06:07 AM
    Obvious troll is obvious...
    Why dont you quit trollin lol ill report you..

06-14-2012 06:17 PM
    In Boston for a conference this week...nice city, BTW. LTE speeds are pretty impressive up and down, at 21754 and 13960 respectively.

06-19-2012 12:07 AM
    I've had it for a long while now and I must say that I am getting about 8-9 hours of heavy use out of it on hspa+. When I'm on LTE on heavy use I get maybe 4 hours out of it. This is weird on days when I barely use it my battery runs down in about 10-11 hours. Crazy right but I'm sure thats due to all of the constant updates I have running in the background. A side note I've had the phone since it came out and its been acting weird it powers down on its own and then cycles and vibrates. I had to pull the battery to get it going again. Then I had to factory reset. It's working okay now but I'm starting to think it might be my power button malfunctioning.
    06-19-2012 02:13 AM
144 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD