How is the battery life on the skyrocket?

randyb9671

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that bought the skyrocket, Could you give a review of the battery life of the skyrocket vs hspa+ version? I am curious. How is the battery life of it? Is the battery life superior to Verizon LTE? I am holding onto my Galaxy S II, but curious minds need to know.
I have had my Skyrocket (switched from an iphone) for about 4 days, and find if I use Netflix, or surf for a long period of time, I get about 4-5 hours before it hits the 50% mark. It definitely recharges very fast.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint with this phone is that people sometimes complain that they can't hear me. I think it is related to the noise canceling.

Steven

cajunlte

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced an issue with the Belkin 2.1amps charger not keeping up with the power requirements when using the GPS for nav while on LTE?

cajunlte

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I can now confirm that using GPS on a 1amp car charger in a HSPA+ area will in fact drain the battery?
This using goggles nav. I am on the phone now with SAMSUNG to see what the true power requirement is for the phone with GPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cajunlte

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung hasn't a clue and claims this is the first they heard about it. Personally I suspect an issue with the ROM loaded on this guy, but I can't confirm until I test further.

Well I decided to fire up Google Nav while plugged into the AC charger that came with the phone and I am continually gaining charge. Seems like my belkin 1amp just isn't cutting it. I am going to test on my drive tomorrow using the ac charger on an inverter to verify that the belkin is the issue.

Last edited:

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm making it all day with my Skyrocket. It takes a long time to charge, a lot longer than my iPhone or Xperia Arc S, but it's not too bad. I use my Skyrocket in an HSPA+ area, using it mostly for YouTube, Reddit, and Twitter, so I'm on it a lot at work. I can sometimes get a day and a half out of it, but it's not my only device. If you're concerned with battery life, a 4.5" phone isn't going to be your best option without an extra charger or two.

cajunlte

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that using the ac adapter supplied by samsung on an inverter will supply the adequate amount of power and a Belkin car charger will not supply sufficient power.

brow1231

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My car charger also could not keep up with the drain when using GPS. Looks like I need a better car charger. Anyway, I had some issues with the battery draining fast the first few days, but once I installed juice defender and made an effort to not let apps run in the background, I can get a full day out of this phone with medium to heavy usage.

My issue now is that my phone reports 100% battery for several hours before dropping. Yesterday I used the phone to make a few calls, downloaded some apps, and surfed the web a bit and it was still at 100% after 9 hours at work!?!?!? Once I was home, I used it more and eventually it went down to 80%. It seems like the battery is great, but not reporting the correct level. Is anyone else seeing this?

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
How is this possible!!!??: My battery drained 23% over night. The only task that is activated is a reminder app called "Any Do". Nothing else is running. It was a 99% when I went to bed.
What could be causing this. I'm rooted and disabled everything i know how to disable/autostart.

cajunlte

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone chime in on what car charger they have that supplies sufficient juice while using google nav or any other GPS enabling app? Does the .750mA charger work?

Neutron Herder

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been good, but not great. It has gotten better in the 3 weeks I've had it though.

I can now go most of the day without charging. That's just a little surfing while at work and then an hour or so of bluetooth streaming while in the car.

I still carry an extra battery in my backpack just in case.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone chime in on what car charger they have that supplies sufficient juice while using google nav or any other GPS enabling app? Does the .750mA charger work?
Perhaps think about a cigarette lighter USB adapter. Then you can use it for multiple devices.
I did some chopping around in my Scion and installed a permanent Dual USB port. Nothing comes close to that functionality!

dmrfresh

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had the phone for 2 weeks and I'm struggling to get a full days charge with extremly light usage. Something seems to be killing the battery...all syncing & apps I know to close are off...the battery usage says that android system is the biggest battery user...any thoughts?

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the iphone, then galaxy s2, then skyrocket.
The galaxy s2 drained very fast and recharged incredibly slowly.

The skyrocket is immeasurably better. It holds a charge all day unless I am on all day. It recharges relatively fast although not as fast as the iphone. Not much worse though.

Sedn

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I just got around 17 hours of usage. When I went to sleep and failed to completely turn off the phone it was alive for another 9 hours getting to a extremely low percent.

I thought this was very interesting seeing I usually last 12 hours between charges.

aeast317#AC

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
got 14 hours yesterday, at 31% after 9 hours today. Been rougher today b/c I've been on campus so my phone has been jumping off and on wifi I'm assuming. I'd turn wifi off but since i just switched from sprint i'm still nervous about the whole not unlimited data

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been using juice defender for the last 2 days and I have seen a significant improvement in battery life. Better than any other android I have had in the past. Even with heavy use, I am at 30% from 7am to 5pm.