03-09-2012 02:54 PM
28 12
tools
    Unlimited means jack $hit, today I got throttled at 2gb of usage and there's nothing I can do about it besides jumping ship. Oh I still get "unlimited data" according to a rep but now it's at a laughable speed. Go AT&T for keeping your customers happy.
    01-09-2012 07:43 PM
    Unlimited means jack $hit, today I got throttled at 2gb of usage and there's nothing I can do about it besides jumping ship. Oh I still get "unlimited data" according to a rep but now it's at a laughable speed. Go AT&T for keeping your customers happy.
    exactly my thoughts in the earlier comments here. there is no point in fighting for unlim. plan.
    01-09-2012 08:27 PM
    I got the skyrocket this morning. And made it explicitly clear that I need to keep my unlimited data($30).
    Same here. I was paranoid that I might got screwed (losing my unlimited data plan) when switched from iPhone to Skyrocket so I chatted (so I can have a record of the conversation) with AT&T sales rep to make sure I can keep the existing plan. The rep assured me and told me to bring the phone to an AT&T store when I activate it which I did and repeated told the staff who helped me to activate the phone that I want to keep my current data plan. Guess what? after all these trouble they still managed to switch me to the 200MB plan (which is the plan I was told to choose when I bought the phone, as there is simply no other choice to choose when I bought the phone online--.had to because of the $9.99 refurb deal online). After I found this out the next day (after the activation), I called customer support to ask to reinstate it.
    Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I have the feeling that they are bending backwards to squeeze people out of the unlimited plan. Not after I repeatedly told them that I want to keep the unlimited plan.

When I went to "Manage Features" in my online account it showed 6 different tiered LTE plans, but none of them were bubbled in. It did not show the unlimited plan that would be bubbled in.
    When I went into managed features, and clicked on "View all included features" the first thing listed was:
    LTE UNL SMT THRL $30.00.
    I've got the same codes for my "include features". After checking with AT&T tech support, found out they mean "Unlimited (UNL) LTE data for Smartphone (SMT) which throttles (THRL) after 5GB"
    03-09-2012 02:54 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD