Please help, unlimited data

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I got the skyrocket this morning. And made it explicitly clear that I need to keep my unlimited data($30).

When I log into my att.com account:
-In the data section under my line none of the data plans are checked, and the unlimited isnt listed there.
-When I scroll to top next to my phone there is a link: "View all included features" when I click it it says: "LTE SMT ENTBDL2 THRL" for $30.

Is that the unlimited plan? Can you verify that whats yours shows?

I would appreciate it....

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
My online bill does not have a code. It just mentions the unlimited data plan.

However, the paperwork I got today from the AT&T Store shows this:

LTE SMT 200 MSG VVMT

I had/have the $5 200/msg per month. The system would not let the AT&T guy enter it separately, so he had to combine them. I asked him about 6 different times if I was keeping my unlimited plan. He said yes.

I found the options online and here is what was already checked:

LTE DataPro 4GB for Smartphone 4G LTE $60.00 N/A 4GB Select
LTE SMARTPHONE UNLIMITED PERSONAL W/ UNL MSG $50.00 Unlimited Unlimited Select
DataPro 4GB for Smartphone 4G LTE $45.00 N/A 4GB Select
DataPro 2GB for Smartphone 4G LTE $40.00 N/A 2GB Select
LTE Smartphone Unlimited PERSONAL with 200 MSG $35.00 200 Unlimited Current
DataPlus 200MB for Smartphone 4G LTE $30.00 N/A 200MB Select
LTE SMARTPHONE UNLIMITED PERSONAL ADD-ON $30.00 N/A Unlimited Select
DataPro 2GB for Smartphone 4G LTE $25.00 N/A 2GB Select
DataPlus 200MB for Smartphone 4G LTE $15.00 N/A 200MB Select

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the skyrocket this morning. And made it explicitly clear that I need to keep my unlimited data($30).

-In the data section under my line none of the data plans are checked, and the unlimited isnt listed there.
-When I scroll to top next to my phone there is a link: "View all included features" when I click it it says: "LTE SMT ENTBDL2 THRL" for $30.

dial *3282# from your dialer

It will tell you if your data plan is unlimited. Mine shows where my previous unlimited data was stopped and says deactivated and then show a new unlimited data plan which is LTE. It also shows the text usage.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

It will tell you if your data plan is unlimited. Mine shows where my previous unlimited data was stopped and says deactivated and then show a new unlimited data plan which is LTE. It also shows the text usage.

Not working for me.
Anyone confirm the code i quoted online?

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

Mine shows where my previous unlimited data was stopped and says deactivated and then show a new unlimited data plan which is LTE. It also shows the text usage.

Mine says:

Unlimited (deactivated)

Doesn't say anything under that about any new plans. But my print-out receipt shows me as unlimited.

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine says:

Unlimited (deactivated)

Doesn't say anything under that about any new plans. But my print-out receipt shows me as unlimited.

Okay, I just checked my account at ATT.com. Looks good to go on LTE unlimited data!
Check my printscreen so you know what to look for.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine says:

Unlimited (deactivated)

my text back does not say the new data plan is LTE, but I know it is the new plan since I am getting LTE speedsand it does say unlimited. I also confirmed online as you did.

CZ Eddie, are you getting LTE speeds in Austin?

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
This is what mine says when I login to myATT...

LTE SMARTPHONE UNLIMITED PERSONAL ADD-ON $30.00 N/A Unlimited Select

They had to change it for one simple reason, with LTE there is a new APN PTA vs Phone and WAP). It is still unlimited data minus tethering for the same price as before.

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
CZ Eddie, are you getting LTE speeds in Austin?

The rumor was it would be turned on today. But I was in a rush when buying my phone and forgot to ask for the latest status. I'm not getting LTE on my phone. Just "4G". But I expect it to be turned on within days or weeks. December at the latest.
It's already on in Dallas to the North, San Antonio to the South West and Houston to the South East of us.

My download speeds are a tad under what my custom ROM'd Infuse was getting. But this phone is also running UCKJ2 modem which was the WORST modem of all those which I tested on my Infuse. So as soon as I root and modems start getting dropped, I intend to upgrade.

I hope XDA sets up a development forum for the Skyrocket. There is a webpage where you can go to request/vote for it to happen. Vote here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1301121

mindspin311

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Same issue. Best Buy Mobile said they got me grandfathered in for Unlimited LTE. Not seeing the Unlimited mobile option when I log in to myATT, but it does say:
Data (MB) 0 of Unlimited when I punched in *3282#
Just got the phone today, so it will show up on myATT at some point in the future. Unlimited LTE almost seems too good to be true.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I started a new billing cycle about 4 or 5 days after I upgraded to the SR from the Inspire and kept my unlimited data.

When I went to "Manage Features" in my online account it showed 6 different tiered LTE plans, but none of them were bubbled in. It did not show the unlimited plan that would be bubbled in.

When I went into managed features, and clicked on "View all included features" the first thing listed was:

"LTE UNL SMT THRL $30.00

LTE UNL SMT THRL"

When I clicked on "View Recent Usage" it shows, 272.23 of 10238976 used. According to the information that comes up when I scroll over the ? next to "Data" it says that I have the "10238976 MB data plan" and when I go over I will be given an additional 1 GB of data at a cost of "$null." Per the conversion scale, the 10238976 translates to 9,999 GB of data (10,238,976 MB/1,024 MB per GB).

That combination was odd enough that I had called AT&T about it and the girl I spoke with said that I definitely had unlimited data, and let me know that if I reached a certain data usage level (she said she thought it was around 2 GB) they could slow the data speeds down. She also stated that the usage levels were related to iPhone users and what were generally deemed high usage levels amongst iPhone users.

She then proceeded to tell me that she had never seen it before where it said __ of 10238976 used (or some other seemingly random number such as that). She said that that could be what they had determined would be the upper level after which my speeds could be reduced. I didn't point out that that was nearly 10,000 GB of data, but regardless, at the end of the day she confirmed that I did have unlimited data.

When I use *3282#, it says: "272.1 of unlimited"

All very odd to me, but as long as I have unlimited data, then I guess it is all right.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

As a follow up. That billing cycle closed, based on my bill and 3282 my line is still unlimited.

Shelby317

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info everyone. I called AT&T before purchasing our new Skyrockets to give them a chance to match the Amazon $0.01 pricing and confirm that I would be grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. I was told incorrectly by two managers that there was no unlimited plan for LTE phones. Based on the info shared here, I called the support line tonight with my new bill in hand to complain. The first level customer service rep was extremely polite and professional. She handled the issue, getting her manager involved and they're pushing a special case up to the next level for implementation later this week... I'm going from 2GB to unlimited for the life of my contract because people here shared their personal experiences.... THANK YOU!!!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
correct me if im wrong guys, what is the point in trying to save a precious grandfathered plan if it cant be used as before when there were no tiered plans. isnt it like when you hit more than 2 GB regularly they start to throttle you anyway? at least with 2 GB you dont get capped and if you overuse you pay $10 more for additional 1GB but you dont get capped anyway. I personally rarely go over 1GB cuz 90% of the time im on wifi. so again what is the point in having a grandfathered plan that cant be used for as much as you want without inevitable throttling.
thanks.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
correct me if im wrong guys, what is the point in trying to save a precious grandfathered plan if it cant be used as before when there were no tiered plans. isnt it like when you hit more than 2 GB regularly they start to throttle you anyway? at least with 2 GB you dont get capped and if you overuse you pay $10 more for additional 1GB but you dont get capped anyway. I personally rarely go over 1GB cuz 90% of the time im on wifi. so again what is the point in having a grandfathered plan that cant be used for as much as you want without inevitable throttling.
thanks.

It's a good question. Maybe it is out of the hope that one of these days they will stop throttling those on grandfathered plans due to one or more of the following: (1) a realization that LTE allows for a much higher volume of traffic without detrimental effects on quality or speed, (2) enough people get mad and leave to other carriers (out of principle of course, since most other carriers have moved to tiered data plans), or (3) a class action lawsuit leads to a settlement of some sort that states that speeds for those on unlimited LTE data plans cannot be throttled.

Probably a pipe dream on the above since I am sure they want to get rid of all unlimited plans so they can make more money. Another reason might be because you are free to move from an unlimited plan to a tiered plan at any time but you can't move from a tiered plan back to an unlimited so maybe people want to hang on to their unlimited as long as possible (especially in the hope that there is some sort of "resolution" to the throttling issue in the future).

Just my thoughts...

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a good question. Maybe it is out of the hope that one of these days they will stop throttling those on grandfathered plans due to one or more of the following: (1) a realization that LTE allows for a much higher volume of traffic without detrimental effects on quality or speed, (2) enough people get mad and leave to other carriers (out of principle of course, since most other carriers have moved to tiered data plans), or (3) a class action lawsuit leads to a settlement of some sort that states that speeds for those on unlimited LTE data plans cannot be throttled.

Probably a pipe dream on the above since I am sure they want to get rid of all unlimited plans so they can make more money. Another reason might be because you are free to move from an unlimited plan to a tiered plan at any time but you can't move from a tiered plan back to an unlimited so maybe people want to hang on to their unlimited as long as possible (especially in the hope that there is some sort of "resolution" to the throttling issue in the future).

Just my thoughts...

well even if the carriers will ever go back to unlimited plans its not gonna happen anytime soon The real reason why they do that is because carrier's network infrastructure is not capable to serve millions of customers who all together gonna stream HD videos, music, dl-d large amounts of data and whatnot this will cause major and frequent network outages just like it recently happend with Verizon (for the second time already) and LTE (especially!) is the main reason why they're doing that. No wonder people get mad and leave to other carriers as you correctly said out of principle, but everyone who has at least a basic knowledge of how the network operates will understand that. the simplest example of it is a bottleneck in LAN performance. Any carrier will need a lot of funds to expand its network infrastracture in order to achieve such flawless operable state to allow back the unlimited plans. Perhaps that's why they charge us $25 bucks for 2GB to invest this money into network expansion lol :) I personally don't have anything against AT&T it works fine in NYC and yes their customer service sucks but so does any other company nowdays. and I rarely have to deal with them. :) i used to have an unlimited plan two years ago but then i lost it when i added a tethering feature and i'm OK with that cuz by now I'd be throttled anyway lol :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21