I no longer have an option to purchase apps via my att bill (dislike). The messages app has moved from the dock (dislike). The phone is more round.. Eh.
    I do like the phone, though. There at just a few subtle differences that I don't like.
    11-06-2011 06:10 PM
    You can rearrange the dock to your liking...
    11-06-2011 06:53 PM
    You can rearrange the dock to your liking...
    How so?
    11-06-2011 07:03 PM
    Applications > menu button > edit.
    11-06-2011 07:14 PM
    How so?
    1. Unlock your screen.
    2. Tap the Applications
    3. Tap the menu button located off-screen on the far left in the button row.
    4. Tap View Type
    5. Select Customizable Grid
    6. Tap the menu button located off-screen on the far left in the button row.
    7. Tap Edit
    8. Drag the desired icon into the dock to replace the unwanted shortcut.
    9. Tap menu again and tap save.

You cannot change the application icon on the far right, but you can change the other three.
    11-06-2011 07:19 PM
    Missing the Car Mode (Vlingo from SG2)
    11-06-2011 07:23 PM
    I think the phone is great. I had the SG2 for about 3.5 weeks. It is every so slightly slower than the SG2 but nothing to cry about. The screen is great. It is actually whiter than the GS2 screen which is a plus. SG2 has a more blue tint to it. Not as thin, I did really like the battery cover on the GS2 more than this.

Now I can't wait to hear when we will actually get ICS!!!! I want to see this thing scream a lil more.
    11-06-2011 07:34 PM
    I think the phone is great. I had the SG2 for about 3.5 weeks. It is every so slightly slower than the SG2 but nothing to cry about. The screen is great. It is actually whiter than the GS2 screen which is a plus. SG2 has a more blue tint to it. Not as thin, I did really like the battery cover on the GS2 more than this.

Now I can't wait to hear when we will actually get ICS!!!! I want to see this thing scream a lil more.

Slower in response to user inputs????? Like lag?
    11-06-2011 07:57 PM
    Slower in response to user inputs????? Like lag?
    I just came back from the store, and I also noticed it was SLIGHTLY slower than the HSPA+ S2. As in occasionally it would slightly stutter when scrolling btwn pages or pinching and zooming in the browser. But, it did so rarely.

Screen also didn't look as crisp as the HSPA+ S2. I compared both with auto brightness turned on. Perhaps there were other settings I missed, though.

I didn't see any HSPA+ S2s at the ATT store. This makes me a bit concerned on how fast it will receive updates vs. the Skyrocket.
    11-06-2011 08:50 PM
    I just picked up my SR on Thursday. This is my first android phone (though I do have 2 Honeycomb tablets) and I agonized between this and the OG SGS2. After fiddling with both at a store, the SR was my choice since I live in an LTE area and I could not discern any lag difference between the two. Maybe if I knew how to induce lag I would have seen it. The SR runs all of my media flawlessly.

I do wish the SR had the OG's battery cover, since it is textured and looks better.

I wish both had a real home button, but I guess apple is to blame for that in the US market.

It would make sense for both to get ICS, as so many OG models have sold, so LTE was my deciding factor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    11-19-2011 06:31 PM
    I tried them both at the AT&T store and I did notice some lag on the Skyrocket but none on the SGSII. But the AT&T LTE speeds in Chicago scream. I have heard some rumblings about ICS making these dual core devices faster. We will see.
    11-19-2011 07:20 PM
    I didn't see much lag difference. In fact they both checkerboard in the browser a bit.
    11-19-2011 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD