07-26-2013 02:10 PM
209 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I have the Diztronic case too... Fits perfectly but I would prefer a slot opening for access to the volume rocker... Volume control is little tricky with the volume rocker covered...
    12-19-2011 12:12 PM
    I have the Diztronic case too... Fits perfectly but I would prefer a slot opening for access to the volume rocker... Volume control is little tricky with the volume rocker covered...
    Mine seems to work fine with the rocker covered.
    12-19-2011 03:49 PM
    Mine seems to work fine with the rocker covered.
    Mine does too...
    12-19-2011 03:58 PM
    Just put it in a case before you take it anywhere! I had mine three days and one drop borked the screen. Shop doesn't think they'll have replacement screens for the sr for at least a month. Had to buy another for $599 and tax. It's in the Otterbox Defender now that took nine days to get here from Otterbox, three days too late!
    12-19-2011 07:14 PM
    Mine does too...
    Just put it in a case before you take it anywhere! I had mine three days and one drop borked the screen. Shop doesn't think they'll have replacement screens for the sr for at least a month. Had to buy another for $599 and tax. It's in the Otterbox Defender now that took nine days to get here from Otterbox, three days too late!
    I'd rather have the volume rocker uncovered...
    12-19-2011 07:28 PM
    Insurance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    12-19-2011 07:48 PM
    Plz post pictures
    12-20-2011 07:46 AM
    i bought a casemate Barely there case and since it's already a big phone even that extra 2mm it adds is a pain for me..

returned it...

gonna put a full body on it and use some generic leather pouch which i like better.. i used pouches for all my Blackberries instead of belt holsters..
    12-23-2011 01:12 PM
    I believe I just picked up the best case for the skyrocket to date. Its made by platinum perfected case chemistry and is sold in best buy for $35. Its is a all black case that comes in 2 pieces. It is a hard plastic case with a felt lining and the phone has to slide into it and then you slide the bottom on. You have full access to all the controls and there is no button cover ups. The front of the case has a minor lip on the edge to allow for laying it face down on flat surfaces. The case also includes a belt clip with a felt lining to protect the screen when stowed away. I've been through 5 cases already and this has been the best thus far.

My only issue...the bottom snap on piece wiggles just a Tad bit.

12-23-2011 02:18 PM
    Hey mrfr3sh2def post pictures of case for skyrocket please
    12-23-2011 08:31 PM
    I believe I just picked up the best case for the skyrocket to date. Its made by platinum perfected case chemistry and is sold in best buy for $35. Its is a all black case that comes in 2 pieces. It is a hard plastic case with a felt lining and the phone has to slide into it and then you slide the bottom on. You have full access to all the controls and there is no button cover ups. The front of the case has a minor lip on the edge to allow for laying it face down on flat surfaces. The case also includes a belt clip with a felt lining to protect the screen when stowed away. I've been through 5 cases already and this has been the best thus far.

My only issue...the bottom snap on piece wiggles just a Tad bit.

This is the case made by Seido under the Platinum name. I posted pictures of the case and holster earlier in this thread on page 12. It is a great case!
    12-23-2011 10:14 PM
    The Powerskin for the SR is pretty nice. I get something to grab on too and a nice xtra battery life.
    12-25-2011 03:50 PM
    I got the Seidio Active. So far its the perfect case for me. Nice rubber primary with a plastic skeleton that has a kick stand. The rubber has depressions for a better grip. Everything lines up perfectly. It only adds a little extra bulk, which i actually welcome, as I find the bare phone a bit awkward to hold. Good riddance to my SGP Neo Hybrid case. If i had to pick on one thing, it would be that the kickstand only word for widescreen viewing.
    12-27-2011 08:47 AM
    i also just got my seidio active case today, will try to post some pictures tonight.. my sr currently has a otterbox impact case,besides being a lint magnet..
    12-27-2011 12:30 PM
    ok here are some pics of the sr w/ seidio active case
    12-27-2011 08:52 PM
    ok here are some pics of the sr w/ seidio active case
    Looks quite rugged! I like the kickstand! No holster? Can you take this in and out of your pocket easily?
    12-27-2011 09:33 PM
    Looks quite rugged! I like the kickstand! No holster? Can you take this in and out of your pocket easily?
    Only been using it for a few hours, feels nice in my pocket.. The otterbox impact I was using felt bulky in pocket, doesn't slip out of my hand when I take it out of my pocket... U can holster but I'm not a holster guy
    12-27-2011 10:54 PM
    I’m getting rid of my iPhone and getting Skyrocket on Tuesday next week because that’s when im available for an upgrade (been waiting forever!)
    I’ve spent hours over the last few days looking for cases for it so that I could buy it now and have it shipped to me next week. I think the active case is the way to go from this thread and others that ive read. It says its only 2.2mm in thinkness. Is that true? Can you really notice the difference between that case and some others?
    12-29-2011 12:15 PM
    I’m getting rid of my iPhone and getting Skyrocket on Tuesday next week because that’s when im available for an upgrade (been waiting forever!)
    I’ve spent hours over the last few days looking for cases for it so that I could buy it now and have it shipped to me next week. I think the active case is the way to go from this thread and others that ive read. It says its only 2.2mm in thinkness. Is that true? Can you really notice the difference between that case and some others?
    if you look back on this thread maybe page 6 i posted pics of my first case the otterbox impact, which is thicker then the seidio active case..
    12-29-2011 01:07 PM
    I have been waiting and ordered the Seidio Surface combo for my SR today! Use code DEC2011 to get 15% off and free USPS shipping! I have own this combo for all of my phones going back to the Curve 8300 many years ago.
    which website did you get it from? the code is not working on Seidioonline.com
    12-29-2011 02:56 PM
    if you look back on this thread maybe page 6 i posted pics of my first case the otterbox impact, which is thicker then the seidio active case..
    Yup i saw it. How much thinner is Surface case compared to Active. The reason why im asking is because im trying not to have too much bulk
    12-29-2011 02:58 PM
    So I have the Diztronic TPU matte smoke case and it is overall a great case. fits well, looks great. particularly like how thin and snug it is. However, I have two qualms with it:

1. volume rocker covered - (don't mind this in terms of functionality but aesthetically, would prefer to either have both the volume rocker and home button covered or both uncovered)
    2. the matte has kinda a chalkboard type feel (dunno any other way to describe it) and sometimes i get the chills that you would get from scratching a chalkboard just by touching it. I would assume the glossy version doesn't (but I don't like how the glossy version looks).

Given this, I wanted some opinions from people using the following two cases:

1. SGP Ultra Capsule case (SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket ATT Case Ultra Capsule Series - GALAXY S2 SKYROCKET [AT&T] - Samsung - Cell Phones)

- Looks more like a smooth hard plastic-y feel than the matte diztronic, which I like. Only qualm I have is the top right corner being open.

2, Seidei Surface Case (seidioonline.com)
    - Looks promising, but I just question if it's as thin as the diztronic TPU case. Also don't like how the two piece looks.

If you've used either one, please share your opinions, especially if you've also used the diztronic case.

Basically, I want the exact same case as the diztronic matte TPU case but have a smoother, more plastic-y finish (but not glossy) and either have both the volume rocker covered or non-covered (not one covered and one not). Dunno if this exists... if you have any suggestions, let me know!
    12-29-2011 04:38 PM
    Yup i saw it. How much thinner is Surface case compared to Active. The reason why im asking is because im trying not to have too much bulk
    i'm not sure how much thinner the surface case vs. the active but i didn't consider the surface case because i like my volume rocker and power buttons covered, the surface case is cut to expose the buttons... after a few days with my active case i love it, alot thinner then otterbox plus it feels good in my hand
    12-29-2011 04:44 PM
    which website did you get it from? the code is not working on Seidioonline.com
    it's a old code...try WINTER11, i used that code when i ordered my active case last week
    12-29-2011 04:50 PM
    My advice is don't buy phone cases from malls. You can get good otter box or seidiod from amazon or ebay. They will be by far cheaper!
    12-30-2011 12:08 AM
209 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD