Skyrocket Cases?

jonh918

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks quite rugged! I like the kickstand! No holster? Can you take this in and out of your pocket easily?
Only been using it for a few hours, feels nice in my pocket.. The otterbox impact I was using felt bulky in pocket, doesn't slip out of my hand when I take it out of my pocket... U can holster but I'm not a holster guy

s3ntrax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I’m getting rid of my iPhone and getting Skyrocket on Tuesday next week because that’s when im available for an upgrade (been waiting forever!)
I’ve spent hours over the last few days looking for cases for it so that I could buy it now and have it shipped to me next week. I think the active case is the way to go from this thread and others that ive read. It says its only 2.2mm in thinkness. Is that true? Can you really notice the difference between that case and some others?

jonh918

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I’m getting rid of my iPhone and getting Skyrocket on Tuesday next week because that’s when im available for an upgrade (been waiting forever!)
I’ve spent hours over the last few days looking for cases for it so that I could buy it now and have it shipped to me next week. I think the active case is the way to go from this thread and others that ive read. It says its only 2.2mm in thinkness. Is that true? Can you really notice the difference between that case and some others?

if you look back on this thread maybe page 6 i posted pics of my first case the otterbox impact, which is thicker then the seidio active case..

s3ntrax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting and ordered the Seidio Surface combo for my SR today! Use code DEC2011 to get 15% off and free USPS shipping! I have own this combo for all of my phones going back to the Curve 8300 many years ago.

which website did you get it from? the code is not working on Seidioonline.com :(

s3ntrax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
if you look back on this thread maybe page 6 i posted pics of my first case the otterbox impact, which is thicker then the seidio active case..

Yup i saw it. How much thinner is Surface case compared to Active. The reason why im asking is because im trying not to have too much bulk

lcheng127

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
So I have the Diztronic TPU matte smoke case and it is overall a great case. fits well, looks great. particularly like how thin and snug it is. However, I have two qualms with it:

1. volume rocker covered - (don't mind this in terms of functionality but aesthetically, would prefer to either have both the volume rocker and home button covered or both uncovered)
2. the matte has kinda a chalkboard type feel (dunno any other way to describe it) and sometimes i get the chills that you would get from scratching a chalkboard just by touching it. I would assume the glossy version doesn't (but I don't like how the glossy version looks).

Given this, I wanted some opinions from people using the following two cases:

1. SGP Ultra Capsule case (SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket ATT Case Ultra Capsule Series - GALAXY S2 SKYROCKET [AT&T] - Samsung - Cell Phones)

- Looks more like a smooth hard plastic-y feel than the matte diztronic, which I like. Only qualm I have is the top right corner being open.

2, Seidei Surface Case (seidioonline.com)
- Looks promising, but I just question if it's as thin as the diztronic TPU case. Also don't like how the two piece looks.

If you've used either one, please share your opinions, especially if you've also used the diztronic case.

Basically, I want the exact same case as the diztronic matte TPU case but have a smoother, more plastic-y finish (but not glossy) and either have both the volume rocker covered or non-covered (not one covered and one not). Dunno if this exists... if you have any suggestions, let me know!

jonh918

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yup i saw it. How much thinner is Surface case compared to Active. The reason why im asking is because im trying not to have too much bulk

i'm not sure how much thinner the surface case vs. the active but i didn't consider the surface case because i like my volume rocker and power buttons covered, the surface case is cut to expose the buttons... after a few days with my active case i love it, alot thinner then otterbox plus it feels good in my hand

dcook

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
There's another case with clip on Amazon for skyrocket its $13 anyone seen, tried this case/clip. can't Remember name of company?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
which website did you get it from? the code is not working on Seidioonline.com :(

Seidioonline but the coupon is probably expired. Email them and ask if they can send you a coupon. They will for at least 10% off. They also market the surface case under the Platinum name at Best Buy it is less expensive there.

s3ntrax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Seidioonline but the coupon is probably expired. Email them and ask if they can send you a coupon. They will for at least 10% off. They also market the surface case under the Platinum name at Best Buy it is less expensive there.

Crap, I ordered the case off of ebay about 45 minutes ago 
It cost me $23 with free shipping. I ordered it quickly because it says it will be delivered on Wed/Thursday next week and I?ll be getting the phone on Tuesday so I don?t want to go too long without any protection on it.
Oh well. Thanks for the info though

s3ntrax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

This looks like just a generic made in China case that i could also find on ebay. I wanted to stick with brand names because there is much more reviews and ratings about them and they stay consistent.
With a lot of those cases, 1 out of 2 will fit perfectly and the other one not so much so its more upto luck. Spending under $25 for a good case with good reviews is good enough
for me

BMack37

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I really like my Casemate Tough case. There is no fit issue like the Barely There case, it's fits well and I'd imagine it will provide a LOT of protection from impacts.

runnerman

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about or have a review of the Bodyguardz Carbon Fiber? Will it protect the camera lense on the back if the phone is set down?