Skyrocket Cases?

NM 156

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
How is the Seidio with regard to sliding in and out of your pant's pocket? Does it stick because of the silicone base layer, or does the outer layer give it enough "slickness" so that is slides easily?

Do you know of a horizontal side (belt) carrying case that is big enough to be used with the skyrocket that has seido active on it? I love the active and I have the holster that came with it, but I want more protection for the phone while I am at work. Every side carrying case I have seen so far is too small for the phone with the active protective case on it.

It's pretty easy taking it out of your pocket since the outer case covering slides without too much effort but it may not be as slick as some would like, so it's based on personal preference... I'm not sure of which belt case would work... You might want to check out the AT&T store and see what they carry for the Skyrocket... then if there is one that works for you... check ebay, Amazon or even a 5 Below store to get it way cheaper than what the AT&T store will charge...

Last edited:

scott14719

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty easy taking it out of your pocket since the outer case covering slides without too much effort but it may not be as slick as some would like, so it's based on personal preference... I'm not sure of which belt case would work... You might want to check out the AT&T store and see what they carry for the Skyrocket... then if there is one that works for you... check ebay, Amazon or even a 5 Below store to get it way cheaper than what the AT&T store will charge...

I know, I already have the active case and I have tried all of the above listed (AT&T, Ebay, Amazon, etc...) and have not been able to find a side carry case that works with the active. Basically I am asking if anyone does know (through experience) of a side carry case that works with it. At&T, Bestbuys, Verizon...all are no-gos. Amazon and Ebay are more difficult because you can only see pictures and read reviews before you buy. I have bought 2 from AMazon so far that have had reviews that stated they worked well with the phone in a protective case. Both were false! The closest thing I have been able to find that would work is a GPS holder and it didn't have a belt loop. I think I might have to wait until the "Note" is released and see if any cases for it work. It is bigger than the skyRocket and therefore it might actually work. Thanks for the reply though. I'll post back here if I find something that actually works.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
What do you all think of the Casemate Barely There case that's featured as the AC deal today?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk

Altarocks

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
What do you all think of the Casemate Barely There case that's featured as the AC deal today?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk

I don't like the cutouts to access the buttons. I bought a similar style (Platinum brand from Best Buy). It isn't easy to locate the on button since it becomes recessed inside the case. After a day I got sick of fumbling for the button and went back to caseless.

I looked hard over the weekend. I'm trying to find a white case for an i727, which together is pretty limiting. Aside from the Seidio Active, I found a Case Mate Pop which looks promising. Doesn't have the kickstand (white w/ kickstand is available only for the i777), but I liked the look a little better than the Active. I should see it late this week.

hillucla

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the cutouts to access the buttons. I bought a similar style (Platinum brand from Best Buy). It isn't easy to locate the on button since it becomes recessed inside the case. After a day I got sick of fumbling for the button and went back to caseless.

I looked hard over the weekend. I'm trying to find a white case for an i727, which together is pretty limiting. Aside from the Seidio Active, I found a Case Mate Pop which looks promising. Doesn't have the kickstand (white w/ kickstand is available only for the i777), but I liked the look a little better than the Active. I should see it late this week.

Try a brand called Duo Shield - I found them on amazon and ebay. They have several color combos featuring mostly white. Here is one example - but do a search for all the other colors.

Amazon.com: White Green Duo Shield Hard Case Gel Snap On Cover For Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket i727 AT&T: Cell Phones & Accessories

I have a white/black one on order (for under $15 you can't go wrong!!) I'll post my thoughts on it later this week when I get it.

Juicy555

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Saved my phones life, thank you. Definitively people need to see this. Seriously only had my phone for 2 days now and thought I would have to switch back to my old iphone :'(

Splitz

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody using a charging dock for the cases that they've selected?

I've been a Blackberry user since 2005 and have had a charging dock (from Blackberry) the entire time.

However, I'm concerned about the cases and their respective compatibility with docking/charging stations.

#1 Requirement is that I don't want to remove the case to put it in the dock at night.
#2 Requirement that I would want a screen protector.

I have an iPod Touch (5th Gen) with a Otterbox Defender series case that came with a screen protector, but I was never able to find a charging dock that fit with the case.

Any suggestions for a Skyrocket? I'm probably getting this phone in March but want everything before hand.

Thanks guys! (and gals)

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The Seidio is amazing. Not too bulky. The kickstand is awesome. Replaced my Diztronic case because the volume rocker was tricky to control on it.

I have to agree. I've had this case for a month and some change now. Its the best case I've put on a smartphone so far. I'm not one to drop phones often or put them in places to get knocked down onto hard surfaces, and I hate bulk. This is why Otter box products aren't for me. The Seidio Active case adds just a bit of extra width, height, and thickness. In my opinion, the phone is too thin to hold comfortably without a case [I couldn't imagine using a Moto Razor]. This case makes it perfect for my hands. In addition, it has grips along the sides for a secure and less fatiguing grip. Every hole lines up perfectly. The protected buttons are not hindered by by the rubber cover and are easily seen and felt. I absolutely love the kick stand, but I wish there was some way it would hold the phone vertical. I'm not complaining about that though. Now I just need to find an armband that will hold the phone with the case on it.

cfdenice

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Argos leather case for a couple of weeks. It's just great. It looks good, feels good and really protects the phone.
The only thing is, there's no cutout for the charging plug. So you must open the front screen flap to recharge. No big deal, I guess I'm just getting lazy in my old age.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I also bought the Seidio Surface Combo pack and I use that for when I dress up or don't need full rugged protection. However, most of the time, my phone lives in the Otterbox case. I just don't want to take a chance.

powernoodle

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Mrs. Powernoodle and I each use the Casemate POP, which is a nice minimalist case that provides adequate protection while not adding a lot of bulk. These are under $20.

Case-Mate CM017782 POP! Case for Samsung Skyrocket SGH-i727 Black/Gray **NEW** | eBay

I also have, but don't use much, the Otterbox Defender with belt holster. I am a fan of Otterbox, and they have excellent customer service if you ever break the thing, but it adds a lot of bulk to an already big phone. Gigantic on the belt.

OtterBox Galaxy S II Skyrocket Defender Series Case & Holster Gray Black Skin | eBay

Good thread. Wish there more options, but the Casemate POP is nice for those who do not require a belt holster and prefer a minimalist but still protective case.

akcrimson

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anime have the white seidio case? I'm partial to white phones an I'm getting the black skyrocketing.

What I wanted to know was if the white gets dirty easily and if it's easy to clean. Im always geting dirty fishing and hiking, I'm not a careful girl. I'd like the white buy if I wont clean easily I'll have to pas.

digitaldroid

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought this case Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S ll 2 SkyRocket i727 White Green Tough Armor Skin Case + Naked Shield Screen Protector: Cell Phones & Accessories
and it's fine, but makes the phone a bit bulky around the edges. The hole cutouts for everything are perfect.

I bought this one before it though and it was horrible. The case was flimsy and the hole cutouts were way off. For the price I suggest staying far away.

I also purchased this case in red and white and love it.

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I read through all the posts.

Fomr gathering, I should be looking at the Diztronic TPU or the SGP Neo cases as they seem to be the thinnest ones out there.

dwain77

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought this case Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S ll 2 SkyRocket i727 White Green Tough Armor Skin Case + Naked Shield Screen Protector: Cell Phones & Accessories
and it's fine, but makes the phone a bit bulky around the edges. The hole cutouts for everything are perfect.

I was going to order the Seidio surface case, the size/fit looks great, but I'm debating on having some impact protection too. Which leads me to possibly this case.

I have NO interest in something the size of an otterbox, and was wondering if anyone knows how this case compares in size. I tried to search for the dimensions of this Tough Armor case, but I'm not seeing them anywhere. If the size is somewhere between the surface and the otterbox it might be what I'm hoping for.

How bulky is this case, dimensions? Does anyone have, or feel like taking, pics of the phone next to this case? Just to get a size comparison.

bluedarter

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Love this case. Have been using it since day 1. Love it and it's a great fit for the phone and still keeps a slim feel and look. The plastic is durable and covers the corners well and works well with a Zagg skin.

c6e4d81a-f47a-cc47.jpg

c6e4d81a-f494-64ed.jpg

c6e4d81a-f4ad-6a87.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar