I am a brand new convert from the iOS world. Both the wife and I upgraded our phones today.

I went from an i4 to the SII skyrocket and she went from a 3GS to the HTC Vivid.

So we are both on LTE phones now.

Now the question I have

I am interested in rooting my phone, but I have a mac and from reading a lot of the tutorials, seems quite a bit involved.

Can anyone direct me to the best place to read up on rooting this phone with a mac?
    11-06-2011 07:15 PM
    Oh and the Vivid compared to the Skyrocket, the UI on the SR is better imo, but I like the heft feel of the Vivid. Seems like it feels more sturdy.

The screen is also better but its had to tell. The photos you can definitely tell.
    11-06-2011 07:18 PM
    Oh and the Vivid compared to the Skyrocket, the UI on the SR is better imo, but I like the heft feel of the Vivid. Seems like it feels more sturdy.

The screen is also better but its had to tell. The photos you can definitely tell.
    Dumb question. Is there a particular reason you want to root? Don't feel like you have to do it immediately. It's not like the iPhone. You can do a lot more without "jail breaking"
    11-06-2011 09:05 PM
    Dumb question. Is there a particular reason you want to root? Don't feel like you have to do it immediately. It's not like the iPhone. You can do a lot more without "jail breaking"
    Everyone that I've talked to keeps telling me to root with cm7.
    11-06-2011 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD