Is the processor that bad!!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Man I've been reading all over the net about how much of a crap processor the snapdragon Is. I was gonna pick up a new Skyrocket but it would be off contract and if I'm spending that much, I don't want an inferior phone. Not that it would really be inferior but I want the best for the money I'm spending. So what gives? Quadrant scores are looking very inconsistent and I'm wondering if this is indeed a problem with the processor. Educate me.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

madhatter01

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I get a quadrant score of 2500-3700. I would guess that Samsung has not optimized the CPU/gpu fully. If it can reach 3700 that's a tied with the original. I think we wont get the real performance out of it till ice cream sandwich.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I get a quadrant score of 2500-3700. I would guess that Samsung has not optimized the CPU/gpu fully. If it can reach 3700 that's a tied with the original. I think we wont get the real performance out of it till ice cream sandwich.

Seeing that and knowing how Samsung has been with updates, make me leery to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I hear you, although I just read a report that sgs2 will get ics in mid December. I'm assuming the skyrocket as well. Guess we'll see. I'll probably hold off until around Christmas anyway. Like to here something on the Nexus

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I hear you, although I just read a report that sgs2 will get ics in mid December. I'm assuming the skyrocket as well. Guess we'll see. I'll probably hold off until around Christmas anyway. Like to here something on the Nexus

Could you provide a link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II

linuxdood

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My antutu marks are just a hair below the sgs2 and the galaxy nexus. In real world use the thing seems fast. Downloads and install are liquid smooth. Madden and other games are at hight detail. Now on the other hand i cant get a quadrant above 2400 and i cant explain it.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The 1.5ghz dual core snapdragon is NOT bad. In fact I am impressed with it. It is very fast, and just BARELY slower than the 1.2ghz dual exynos(or however you spell the CPU in the GS2).

Both are awesome phones. I just soo wanted a 4.5 inch super amoled plus screen. LOVE IT!

Reactions: TvTechGuru

notacyborg

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I only had the SGS2 for a few days, but I grew to love it over that small time period. The Skyrocket is obviously very similar. The processor is performing just as well in my opinion. I am only disappointed that the display is still 480x800. It doesn't really cause a problem, but it would have been nice to have had the extra resolution to tap into. It's ok though, I get upgrade pricing every year through my company program so I'll get a good ICS phone late next year. The Galaxy Nexus is a nice phone, but I don't really see anyone tapping into ICS until the latter half of next year at the earliest anyway.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if folks are convinced in their minds that the processor is slower just because it is not the Exynos, but I have not noticed a drop off at all with the Skyrocket. I'm sure everyone will claim to have a different experience as I have now. As of today, I haven't noticed a difference at all.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed any problems either.
I don't think anything negative is really seen by the naked eye. Only people that are overly consumed with a Quadrant test.

sas1979

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I did notice the email load times are slow :( but other than that, everything else is pretty fast! I am buying three charging cables though... it runs out of battery fast. I blame it on the 4G!!!

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
oh three cables for home, work and car... lol.
I just bought a retractable one for the car, and another long cord for the office.

I noticed that when I tried the regular Samsung Galaxy SII, that after a week or two of charge cycles, the battery life was improved. It was shotty at first, and I was like WTH; but at the end of the 4 weeks, it was reasonable.
This battery on the Skyrocket has alot of responsibilities though. Huge bright screen :D and the Processor, and the 4G / HSPA+ connection.
(Of course on the iPhone 4 I only charged it every other day...)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I doubt that the processor isn't up to oar. I have the same processor in my Rezound with an HD screen and the phone is lightning fast. I think that people have gotten into their heads that the original SGSII had a the best processor and anything else is less. But in real world use, the phones fly.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if folks are convinced in their minds that the processor is slower just because it is not the Exynos, but I have not noticed a drop off at all with the Skyrocket. I'm sure everyone will claim to have a different experience as I have now. As of today, I haven't noticed a difference at all.

People are convinced the SR is slower because that is what they read...it may be, but the objective measurements and the benchmarks just do not support all the discussions on this topic. Every reputable review on both phones had said this is not an issue both phones are fast and can take whatever you throw at them. I LOL when I see people flipping the screens and app drawer to see which is faster! After the recent update for the skyrocket I ran a antutu benchmark and it edged out the score I had for my SGSII (Had it for three weeks). The SR is plenty fast in processing power!

I think this issue has been laid to rest...the Skyrocket is a worthy successor to the SGSII especially in LTE areas.

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Quadrant scores don't measure any real-world scenario and are useless, unless you're measuring your e-peen against other geeks. Like I always say: It's all about the experience.

With that said, this thing flies. Its buttery smooth and makes my older sensation look like a last Gen phone (it's HTC's fault for not optimizing it enough). Ill be set once LTE is lit up and I get ICS!

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The samsung exynos processor has a better graphics processor but the qualcommn has a better processor for multitasking overall. Since many benchmarks test the graphics processor that's why the exynos seems years ahead. And the fact is it is years ahead compared to other graphics processors found on other phones including the iPhones. its the content that is not optimized. In the end the qualcommn is better just because many applications are optimized for qualcommn processor especially games. "cough" Gameloft.

jbrandonf

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Interesting info but it still doesn't matter in the end. It's not like we're getting games that max out the processors. Angry Birds and Ninja Fruit aren't exactly taxing on a system.

Last edited:

Neutron Herder

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I can say that I notice no lag when opening windows or scrolling.

I've had the phone almost a month and am still very impressed by the speed. I haven't run benchmarks or anything, I'm just looking at my personal experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie