GPS issues?

Spoonap2

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a Captivate that had problems with the GPS. Now im think of getting the skyrocket and was wondering is Samsung still having this issue? Anyone can chime in on it?

Thanks...

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Works perfectly. No worries, usually takes my phone no more than 10 seconds to lock into my position.

I remember how bad the craptivates were with that...Nothing fixed them, nothing....

fredstock99

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my skyrocket 4 days ago.

and i am having terrible issues with my gps. it has not locked my gps signal once. i get 0/11 fixes with GPS status, both in New York City and in the suburbs on long island. I plugged it in and let it run for over an hour, with no fixes.

ATT will not acknowledge a defect in the phone, since the 'assisted GPS' triangulation still gives me a blue dot on the maps (even though its only accurate to 800 meters). And they won't exchange the phone as defective. The guy at the ATT store even told me 'that is just how they all work.'

I am not sure what I will be doing. Did you buy that phone, does the GPS work?

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had zero issues in Columbus, Oh. Even used it all the way to Detroit, MI with no issues or loss of signal. Very accurate GPS.

danielbatman

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
No issues with mine in Alabama, the phone did run very hot. I had no idea how hot a phone could radiate until i actually used the navigation on this phone. Other than that the GPS worked perfectly

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my skyrocket 4 days ago.

and i am having terrible issues with my gps. it has not locked my gps signal once. i get 0/11 fixes with GPS status, both in New York City and in the suburbs on long island. I plugged it in and let it run for over an hour, with no fixes.

ATT will not acknowledge a defect in the phone, since the 'assisted GPS' triangulation still gives me a blue dot on the maps (even though its only accurate to 800 meters). And they won't exchange the phone as defective. The guy at the ATT store even told me 'that is just how they all work.'

I am not sure what I will be doing. Did you buy that phone, does the GPS work?

actually in certain places in Manhattan it seems to have trouble keeping a lock especially when surrounded with tall buildings (tested it around Grand Central Station) the location indicator jumps all over the map, in other places it works just fine. I'd say it locks almost immediatly 99% of the time. and i found it to be much better/quicker than on my Atrix 4G which by the way also had same issues around really tall buildings. Don't go to ATT store. call them, complain and ask for exchange. There is no way they should deny you that. a few years ago I had a GPS problem with my exchanged blackberry unit, called them and complained, said that I really depend on GPS on my job and they mailed me another exchange which worked perfectly. be insistent with them ATT CS is known as the worst from all other carriers.