Is there a notification LED on the Skyrocket?
    11-09-2011 09:17 PM
    Is there a notification LED on the Skyrocket?
    Nope.
    11-09-2011 09:23 PM
    Nope.
    Aww..that sucks. Comes in handy at work when i have everything on silent.
    11-10-2011 08:11 AM
    Yea I'm really bummed. I love the notification LED on my Blackberry.
    11-10-2011 03:34 PM
    I found out recently that alot of phones actually don't have notifiaction LEDs and I was blown away. Why do they not have them?

I've been on Sprint since my first phone, and every single one has had an LED. The Sprint S2 has a LED as well. Can someone clear up why some phones skip that feature? It's extremely nifty.
    11-10-2011 03:43 PM
    I have BLN from the market, it allows the four buttons across the bottom to blink when you have a notification, but your phone has to be rooted and you must have a custom kernel.
    01-05-2012 08:23 AM
    I found out recently that alot of phones actually don't have notifiaction LEDs and I was blown away. Why do they not have them?

I've been on Sprint since my first phone, and every single one has had an LED. The Sprint S2 has a LED as well. Can someone clear up why some phones skip that feature? It's extremely nifty.
    Trying too hard to be like the iphone..Watch, as soon as the iphone gets one, there won't be a phone without it. Much respect for Sprint for demanding it on most phones.
    01-05-2012 08:41 AM
    I have BLN from the market, it allows the four buttons across the bottom to blink when you have a notification, but your phone has to be rooted and you must have a custom kernel.
    Do you know if this process is documented somewhere? I've been wanting to do this since I bought the phone. Just rooted this week, but I'm unfamiliar with loading a new kernel.
    02-05-2012 10:01 AM
    Do you know if this process is documented somewhere? I've been wanting to do this since I bought the phone. Just rooted this week, but I'm unfamiliar with loading a new kernel.
    BLN works great on my SR.

Google is your friend!!
    02-05-2012 01:03 PM
    No LED is also a good alternative to BLN and I don't think you need to be rooted or have a custom kernel.
    kbd517 likes this.
    02-06-2012 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD