No unlimited plan with LTE?

socbosma

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I was looking to upgrade to the Skyrocket but the AT&T store manager told me that I would not get LTE speeds with the unlimited data plan. I could keep my unlimited plan and get less-than-LTE speeds or give up unlimited for the higher speed plan. This was reiterated by an online AT&T rep. So now 2 AT&T sources have told me that I cannot keep my unlimited plan and get LTE speeds.

Anyone else heard or experienced something different? I'm going to switch to Verizon since they're offering double the data limit but thought I'd check before giving up the unlimited AT&T plan.

Dranakin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
"LTE Smartphone unlimited personal add-on" is the unlimited LTE plan if you grandfathered it in. I don't know what the feature code is though, sorry.

You can also point the reps to this press release (First LTE Smartphones for AT&T Customers Available Nationwide Nov. 6) if they refuse to follow their own policy.

LTE Data Plans

Customers can choose from tiered data plans starting as low as $15 per month. Existing smartphone customers do not have to make changes to their data plan. All plans include access to AT&T’s national Wi-Fi network of more than 29,000 hotspots.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Both taken today. You can see the LTE speeds. If you dial *3282# from your dialer you will get a text back. You can see my HSPA data plan was deactived and my LTE data plan is active and unlimited. Do not let them BS you. Ask to see that policy in writing.

Last edited:

socbosma

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure why there should be this confusion with both the AT&T store and the online person I spoke with. And it wasn't as if they were lying to try and get me to switch plans. Apparently there's some confusion with the internal information they've got from AT&T corporate.

Glad I came here to clarify. I'll go ahead and get the skyrocket.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure why there should be this confusion with both the AT&T store and the online person I spoke with. And it wasn't as if they were lying to try and get me to switch plans. Apparently there's some confusion with the internal information they've got from AT&T corporate.

Glad I came here to clarify. I'll go ahead and get the skyrocket.

They should be able to verify your unlimited LTE plan before you walk out. When I got mine the sales rep told me exactly what he was doing on the computer and activated me a new sim card and we tested it before I left the store. He then walked me to the door and shook my hand!

I received a text survey a few hours later and I have him, "Chris" outstanding comments and scores!

zzrudyzz

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes as was stated above they gave me the unlimited LTE plan. The rep actually took away my unlimited plan and i had to gi thru some hassle to get it back but i made sure it happened

kronikwisdom

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
The corporate store I picked up my phone at had no problem grandfathering in my unlimited plan from the iphone.

However I did receive an text this morning from 7535 stating "Your data use is approaching the top 5% of users. To avoid reduced speed for the rest of the bill cycle, use Wi-Fi where available. More @ att.com/dataplans." I've apparently used over 4gb of data since the launch date, oops..

Eddy Gordo

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
When I was getting my Skyrocket, the first thing the lady said to me was "Do you want to keep your unlimited data?" I let out a breath of relief, and tucked the folded printout from the AT&T website that had a skyrocket in my shopping cart along with the option for grandfathered unlimited data back into my pocket.

This phone is awesome. I'm getting 24-27mb in Norcross Georgia on LTE.

jonh918

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
i can also confirm when i purchased my skyrocket full retail at the att store, the rep. said i could keep my unlimited data plan

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
When I was getting my Skyrocket, the first thing the lady said to me was "Do you want to keep your unlimited data?" I let out a breath of relief, and tucked the folded printout from the AT&T website that had a skyrocket in my shopping cart along with the option for grandfathered unlimited data back into my pocket.

This phone is awesome. I'm getting 24-27mb in Norcross Georgia on LTE.

I think they get a bonus for every unlimited plan they get rid of. They definitely try hard enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
FML somehow the rep took my Unlimited plan OFF back in March and I am just now finding out about it!!!! I am LIVID!! ATT says nothing they can do FML!!!

methree

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The removed my A-List and I was mad about that. Taking my unlimited would have caused some anger on a whole nuther level. That sucks.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought my wife a Skyrocket today and was able to select the 4G unlimited plan (with the 200 texts add-on which I thought was gone as well). She's upgrading from a BB Bold 9700 which had an unlimited plan attached to it so I guess she was grandfathered in. My account is set up as an IRU attached to my company's corporate discount with AT&T - it sure looked like there were many more data plan options to select on the Premier site than are available on the regular consumer site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc