New to the forum.. Hello All.
    I am having an issue with the internet connection on the Skyrocket. I have to either 1) turn on wifi and then turn it off or 2) reboot the phone. I have had the phone for 2 days and am wondering if it needs to be replaced. I had the Captivate that I had to replace with a new one, due to it randomly shutting off. Does anyone know if this could be a phone issue or am I doing something wrong? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
    11-11-2011 07:53 PM
    Where are you located? I too am having major problems with my vivid, check out the vivid forums, have you called att yet? I think too many people with these same problems are coming here to complain instead of informing att.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
    11-11-2011 09:20 PM
    See here. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=132101

11-11-2011 09:21 PM
    I had a sumsung infuse and the skyrocket is acting the same way... So I have to say this is a Samsung issue. Samsung phones take a loooooong time to connect to a ssid hidden wireless.. Even if you have the password it will say no wifi located.. This is an ongoing issue. The iPhone will find the ssid wifi and ask you to join immediately. A Samsung phone will not. The app store may have some apps that will help with this, but again this is a Samsung firmware issue and the main reason I took my infuse back. Samsung phones cannot or take years to connect to a hidden ssid wifi signal by turning on/off wifi and or airplane mode. Other phones do not have this issue with ssid.
    11-12-2011 06:06 AM
    No trouble with wifi here. These issues are NOT limited to Samsung devices. Many devices just don't play well with some routers especially Belkin and NetGear.

Stick with DLink and LinkSys ...
    11-12-2011 08:14 AM
    I had the same issue, as well I had a battery indicator issue as well, when fully charged the indicator never goes down but battery does so u believe u got full.. see my thread, Too many headaches, I returned my phone for galaxy s2 and I am very happy with it..

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gal...or-issues.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/gal...working-2.html
    11-12-2011 09:46 AM
    Thanks for all your comments. I am in Colorado. I can connect to wifi, no problem. It is when I want to connect via the att network. Like when I try and use Navigator,or something like that when I am not connected to wifi. I think I will probably stop by att and see what they have to say. Very frustrating!
    11-12-2011 12:35 PM
    Just curious but are those having issues in non LTE markets?
    11-12-2011 12:39 PM
    If they put in a new sim card, they forgot to activate the 4G. It happened to me when they swapped mine out. Just call customer service and they will fix it.
    nedacronk likes this.
    11-12-2011 01:27 PM
    I only experienced no data connectivity once in Houston's Med Ctr when the phone went from LTE to 4G. Problem followed me home until I reset the phone and also pulled the battery while checking to make sure I had a LTE sim card. Makes me wonder if the problem is with the towers.
    11-13-2011 12:14 PM
    Fireandroid have you raised the issue with att? This is driving me crazy just want to make sure everyone is alerting att so we can get this resolved.

11-13-2011 01:45 PM
    Fireandroid have you raised the issue with att? This is driving me crazy just want to make sure everyone is alerting att so we can get this resolved.

Not yet, but I will stop by the store and also call them this week.

Also I'm disappointed in Houston's LTE coverage. It is not full city coverage and the closest tower to my home does not have a signal strong enough to reach.
    11-13-2011 03:58 PM
    Not yet, but I will stop by the store and also call them this week.

Also I'm disappointed in Houston's LTE coverage. It is not full city coverage and the closest tower to my home does not have a signal strong enough to reach.
    I'm in old town Katy and I get LTE but only have 2 bars. With my Atrix I would occasionally go to Edge while in the house.
    11-13-2011 08:01 PM
    After being on the phone for 3 hours with AT&T today, they finally told me to exchange the phone! Just thought I would let everyone know...it could be a phone problem.
    11-14-2011 10:45 PM
    Definitely an issue in the non-LTE markets. I call ATT customer service every day, and nothing has worked so far. Sounds like it works in LTE cities though, so it's tough to give up knowing there's light around the corner...
    11-15-2011 01:01 PM
    I'm not having any issues in chicago. I've lost LTE coverage traveling around but I quickly acquire HSPA+ and then recapture LTE with no hang ups.
    11-15-2011 01:50 PM
    I exchanged my phone for a new one and it works great!
    11-15-2011 10:29 PM
    Drove through an area that use to knock my iPhone 4 and 4s signal down to edge and at times worse. SR kept LTE the entire time. I was shocked.
    11-15-2011 10:48 PM
    I exchanged my phone for a new one and it works great!
    Are you in an LTE area or non LTE.?
    11-16-2011 02:24 PM
    I'm in the NYC area, the only thing that solved this problem for me was finding and LTE off switch. Not sure if you guys have figured it out yet but you can either download the app "LTEOnOff" or dial

*#*#4636#*#* and it brings up the menu for you to be able select only GSM/HSPA connections, I keep my phone on that all the time. Solved the problem for me until LTE becomes available in my area I guess. I'm still within the 30 days of exchange, so I might go back and get the regular Galaxy SII just to avoid this issue all together, but then again I do want the ICS update when it's available lol.
    11-16-2011 07:15 PM
    I was having the same problem with my Skyrocket... Did a little looking at my account and was able to fix it.

There were two problems:

1) I didn't have an LTE SIM card. AT&T sent me one via FEDEX.

2) Even that didn't fix it, and I spent several hours on the phone with customer service trying to fix it. Performed a hard reset of the phone after I had spent all of the time setting it up and everything. The real problem? They never changed the data plan in my account over to an LTE plan. 30 more minutes on the phone fixed it.

I was very concerned about changing anything since I was still under the unlimited plan, but I rolled over to an unlimited LTE plan for the same price.

Bottom line... pull up your AT&T account and make sure that they switched you over to the LTE part. I don't think that the training they are getting is adequate on this matter. I specifically asked the previous customer service people I had talked to about this and they said there were no changes that needed to be made. It took getting someone on the phone who understood the difference between LTE and HSPA+ to fix it.
    11-17-2011 09:20 AM
    My friend story:
    He got SkyRocket 2 days ago, internet worked very good, but suddenly VM stoped working. We called CS, they fixed VM, but he lost internet. They tried 6 hours to reanimate it, phone/sim swaps in store, bla-bla-bla, no sucess. When they turned back his old iphone 4 he got everything back.
    This not a phone, this is att not ready for the LTE internet. Now he has two options now to upgrade to iphone 4s or to go with VZW.
    True story. Thanks GOD, my friend is a very calm person. But he called Samsung and told them about that.
    11-18-2011 08:25 AM
    My friend story:
    He got SkyRocket 2 days ago, internet worked very good, but suddenly VM stoped working. We called CS, they fixed VM, but he lost internet. They tried 6 hours to reanimate it, phone/sim swaps in store, bla-bla-bla, no sucess. When they turned back his old iphone 4 he got everything back.
    This not a phone, this is att not ready for the LTE internet. Now he has two options now to upgrade to iphone 4s or to go with VZW.
    True story. Thanks GOD, my friend is a very calm person. But he called Samsung and told them about that.
    comical!!
    11-18-2011 10:15 PM
    Right on track with the SimCard suggestions. I have also found that having your WiFi and Mobile Network operating at the same time will cause failure.
    For the record: My skyrocket is Awesome, but AT&T needs to leave the app business to the phone consumers.
    11-19-2011 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD