Does the SR screen scratch easily? I know it's not gorilla glass, so I'm just curious.
    11-12-2011 12:24 PM
    I saw that review that said it is not gorilla glass. That is the first time I have seen that. Do you have any other sources? I have seen far more reviews that say it is gorilla glass. Corning's website says the Samsung Galaxy SII does have gorilla glass although it does not specify all the models.
    11-12-2011 01:02 PM
    I actually just called Samsung as I am looking to buy this phone and wanted to know myself. The mobile device section said that it IS indeed Gorilla Glass. Not sure why the reviewer on Youtube said it's not. Having said that, I don't believe the stuff is bullet proof. It can obviously scratch if you try. I wouldnt be putting it in my pocket with keys.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    planoman likes this.
    11-12-2011 01:26 PM
    Good to hear it is. Going up check it out as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-12-2011 01:28 PM
    Good to know but I still use a screen protector. I have a Sprint Epic 4G touch screen protector on my SR (minimal modifications) and have an SGP screen protector coming with the Neo Hybrid case I bought.
    11-12-2011 02:34 PM
    I actually just called Samsung as I am looking to buy this phone and wanted to know myself. The mobile device section said that it IS indeed Gorilla Glass. Not sure why the reviewer on Youtube said it's not. Having said that, I don't believe the stuff is bullet proof. It can obviously scratch if you try. I wouldnt be putting it in my pocket with keys.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I saw that review too and so I did support chat with Samsung and they also confirmed for me that it IS in fact Gorilla Glass.
    11-12-2011 08:07 PM
    I wish Corning would throw it up on their website and halt all the confusion. It's strange that Samsung doesn't list this as a feature on their website.
    11-17-2011 01:24 PM
    I wish Corning would throw it up on their website and halt all the confusion. It's strange that Samsung doesn't list this as a feature on their website.
    It doesn't list it for any of the Galaxy II devices on the Samsung USA website, but that doesn't mean it's not on it though.
    11-17-2011 02:15 PM
    I dropped the Skyrocket once and the screen shattered - it still works but to have had it for 2 days and this happen really sucks. Not to mention there are barely any good cases for this phone yet, and nowhere on the web sells replacement screens. Have to send it into Samsung for a new screen which will take 6 business days and cost $158.05 - which isn't to bad better than ATT insurance which I opted out of because of the $200.00 deductible. Either way this phone has proven to be fragile and the battery drains within half a day. I like the phone but can't say I would recommend it. This is the first cell phone that I have ever broke, but not the first time I have dropped one. I want to like the Droid but thus far the iPhone always comes out on top.
    11-25-2011 12:05 PM
    I dropped the Skyrocket once and the screen shattered - it still works but to have had it for 2 days and this happen really sucks. Not to mention there are barely any good cases for this phone yet, and nowhere on the web sells replacement screens. Have to send it into Samsung for a new screen which will take 6 business days and cost $158.05 - which isn't to bad better than ATT insurance which I opted out of because of the $200.00 deductible. Either way this phone has proven to be fragile and the battery drains within half a day. I like the phone but can't say I would recommend it. This is the first cell phone that I have ever broke, but not the first time I have dropped one. I want to like the Droid but thus far the iPhone always comes out on top.
    Man, that sucks sorry to hear that. Was it in a case or have a screen protector? I bought the SGP neo hybrid which I do not recommend. I picked up a case mate pop from the ATT store and it is actually pretty nice from a protection standpoint. I also replaced the SGP screen protector I had due to a scratch on the protector. I ordered a ZAGG. I have used then in the past and wanted to get away from a wet application and the orange peel look, but I just feel like my phone is better protected with a good case and ZAGG on the screen.
    11-25-2011 12:33 PM
    No case or screen protector. I got it over the phone after complaining for the 10th time in regards to the dropped call issue with the iPhone. So I really didn't have much time to buy a case for the phone. I have a case-mate now on my iPhone I like it since it holds my Drivers License and my Debit Card. I recommend the ZAGG screen protector as well that is all I will use on my phones. I will probably go overboard and get an otterbox for this phone when they become available. But I will not get the screen fixed until I have the case in my hands just to ensure this same mistake doesn't happen twice.
    11-25-2011 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD