01-20-2013 10:23 PM
50 12
tools
    I contacted Samsung about my Bluetooth problems and they told me to try a hard reset.
    My problems are that the Bluetooth would connect to my car sometimes and some days I had to restart my phone to get it to work.
    I saw a reply about leaving the phone in discovery mode, is there a security issue with this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    I have given up trying to use the SR with my car BT. It works ok with my Jawbone but I miss using my car BT. I have tried several workarounds but none are really solutions. Hopefully they will get this fixed with future updates.
    12-19-2011 06:56 PM
    Sorry to bring up an old topic, but has anyone come up with a solution to this recently? I've been having similar problems recently. When I turn bluetooth on sometimes, it just hangs and doesn't turn on. I have to restart the phone. This has been happening more and more recently.

If it's related to the 2.3.6 update, is there a way to roll back to 2.3.5? Or is a hard reset the only way?
    12-29-2011 11:02 AM
    Trying to use bluetooth on EVO shift and ipad.. getting error message "Paired but not connected"..what does that mean
    01-01-2012 10:10 AM
    Does this bluetooth problem effect the GS2 also? I've heard the Galaxy Note doesn't have the problem. So if the GS2 doesn't have this problem, could the Different chipset or LTE be interfering with the blutooth radio?
    I still haven't done a hard reset, don't want to set up my phone again. But since Samsung conveniently put the power button in the wrong spot(should be on top) I frequently turn off my phone by accident a few times a week. And this clears the problem temporarily.
    01-01-2012 05:49 PM
    Does this bluetooth problem effect the GS2 also? I've heard the Galaxy Note doesn't have the problem. So if the GS2 doesn't have this problem, could the Different chipset or LTE be interfering with the blutooth radio?
    I still haven't done a hard reset, don't want to set up my phone again. But since Samsung conveniently put the power button in the wrong spot(should be on top) I frequently turn off my phone by accident a few times a week. And this clears the problem temporarily.
    I had the SGSII for three weeks before getting the skyrocket and it has been a while but I recall it working fine with my car BT, as my captivate did. I can confirm that the GNote works like a champ with my car BT. It is only the Skyrocket that is hopeless...maybe it does have something to do with the LTE. I wonder if the vivid and nitro HD have this bluetooth issue?
    01-01-2012 09:41 PM
    I use my skyrocket with three different BT devices with no problem connecting manually, but nothing connects automatically like my old Blackberry 9700 did.
    01-04-2012 07:26 PM
    I have SGSIISkyrocket and Acura TL 2004. Paired up fine for 4 weeks. Then it stopped working. Tried re-pairing. Tried deleting link from phone and re-pairing. Tried rebooting phone. Phone lost Bluetooth for a while. Then it lost sight of HFL for a while. Then car says pairing cannot be initiated from the phone (I wasn't). Then phone says "pairing rejected by HFL". One time phone got to point it was asking for password, which I entered. Then everything got lost again. It started off working so well and easy. Now it is useless. I don't know who to go to.
    01-19-2012 07:55 PM
    I'm having very similar issues with mine. I have a Ford Fusion with SYNC. The Bluetooth is very hit and miss with the Skyrocket and eventually it wont turn on at all until I power cycle the phone. It's really frustrating!
    01-19-2012 07:58 PM
    For me it will cut out during phone calls. Streams music without problems.

Mazda CX-7
    01-20-2012 01:07 PM
    The Bluetooth is very hit and miss with the Skyrocket and eventually it wont turn on at all until I power cycle the phone. It's really frustrating!
    Same problem here. Some times are worse than others. Hasn't happened for awhile. But, a few weeks ago, it happened just about everyday.
    01-20-2012 02:06 PM
    I am having problems with the Skyrocket Bluetooth also. Won't work with the Honda Hands Free Link. Won't work very well with my Blue Ant. Both worked really well with my Blackberry torch. Kind of pathetic when you think about it. Actually, it's absurd. This is supposed to be a top-of-the-line Samsung and it won't do some of the simplest things -- like manage two blue tooth devices easily.
    01-23-2012 06:27 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Bluetooth turns off on it's own, and when you try to toggle it back on its is slow. I had 3 headsets paired, I deleted them all, and will re-pair them and see what happens. I did not have this problems for the first two months with the phone(with 3 headsets paired). It's has started in the last 2 weeks.
    01-25-2012 02:29 PM
    Update... I've found that leaving Bluetooth on rather than turning it off and on in an attempt to save battery has helped with my connection issues. I actually haven't seen any battery drain either. So far so good. I guess time will tell.
    01-26-2012 07:12 PM
    From Acura HandsFreeLink:

Special instructions for pairing Samsung Phones (not all may be applicable to every phone)

SAMSUNG
    Bluetooth Power
    Ensure Bluetooth is turned ON permanently.
    Discoverable/Visible
    1. Go to Menu
    2. Select Settings and/or Tools
    3. Select Bluetooth
    4. Select Settings/Visibility
    5. Set Discovery Mode/Visibility to ON

Authorize Connection
    1. Go to Menu
    3. Select Bluetooth
    4. Select HFL
    5. Set Options to Authorize Device

Auto Answer
    1. Go to Menu
    3. Select Call Settings
    4. Select Auto Answer or Answer Options
    5. Set Auto Answer to OFF

Answer Options
    1. Go to Menu
    3. Select Call Settings (on some models, select Others, then Call Setup or Phone Settings, then Extra Settings)
    4. Under Answer Options/Call Answer, select Flip/Slide, AnyKey, Send, or Auto Answer (if available).
    Auto Answer is the preferred setting but any of these will work.

Setting discoverable to ON permanently makes a huge difference with a lot of phones, in my experience with the Acura HFL system.
    ATTN: dwboston ********************************************

Thank you so much. Samsung support was absolutely worthless. Said my Plantronics and Toyota were incompatible. What the heck do they test with - anything!?!

Permanently visable, working great within 20 minutes.

Thank you a TON!
    01-28-2012 02:31 AM
    Well I can say I'm having problems with my phone and bluetooth as well. Sometimes the bluetooth won't even turn on (dont' know why) and I have to power cycle the phone a few times before bluetooth will even turn back on. Then, it will refuse to connect with my Jabra SP700 bluetooth speakerphone. Even now that I have bluetooth on and finally got it to re-pair with the Jabra, I will probably have to do the whole thing all over again in about a week even if I don't turn the bluetooth off

From what I've read here, it sounds like its just a samsung issue. Maybe they'll fix it when we get ICS (of course who knows how long that's going to take)
    01-31-2012 09:29 AM
    After a couple weeks of trying different things, I have found what works for me. When I plan on using Bluetooth I turn it on and then set it to stay visible (no timeout) as someone mentioned previously. Following this method I am able to get in and out of my car multiple times and it reconnects each time without any problem. Then when I'm done with Bluetooth I just toggle it off again. This has seemed to fix my issues.
    cfdenice likes this.
    01-31-2012 05:52 PM
    The issue with that is when you toggle off the BT, you have to go again and turn it on visibility from the BT main menu, but it is a workaround.
    After a couple weeks of trying different things, I have found what works for me. When I plan on using Bluetooth I turn it on and then set it to stay visible (no timeout) as someone mentioned previously. Following this method I am able to get in and out of my car multiple times and it reconnects each time without any problem. Then when I'm done with Bluetooth I just toggle it off again. This has seemed to fix my issues.
    02-01-2012 06:00 AM
    So it turns out my "fix" above stopped working a few days after I posted it. I was ready to return it then I tired one more thing. This time I've waited to see if it was a fix that worked consistently and it has (so far). I have disabled any kind of pass code or pattern lock and Bluetooth connects every time now without fail. When I need to put a pass lock on, I do it as needed. It's not ideal, but it seems that having a pass code lock enabled was causing the Bluetooth issue for me. I can even toggle Bluetooth on and off now and it still connects every time as long as the pass code lock is disabled. Keeping my Skyrocket now since that was the only thing I hated about this phone.
    02-12-2012 08:27 AM
    What I did was to remove the widget that turn on/off, wifi, BT, GPS, etc. I activate the BT from the notification swipe down finger gesture. i have no more issues so far. I have not have a passcode on the phone, so I do not know if I will encounter the same issue. Just my 2 cents
    So it turns out my "fix" above stopped working a few days after I posted it. I was ready to return it then I tired one more thing. This time I've waited to see if it was a fix that worked consistently and it has (so far). I have disabled any kind of pass code or pattern lock and Bluetooth connects every time now without fail. When I need to put a pass lock on, I do it as needed. It's not ideal, but it seems that having a pass code lock enabled was causing the Bluetooth issue for me. I can even toggle Bluetooth on and off now and it still connects every time as long as the pass code lock is disabled. Keeping my Skyrocket now since that was the only thing I hated about this phone.
    02-15-2012 06:48 AM
    same problem here with my Canadian Galaxy S 2 which is the same as the American skyrocket.
    I don't know how Samsung can deny there's a problem. none of the suggestions has worked for me...
    04-18-2012 11:47 PM
    same problem here with my Canadian Galaxy S 2 which is the same as the American skyrocket.
    I don't know how Samsung can deny there's a problem. none of the suggestions has worked for me...
    Did you receive the newest update? I updated my Skyrocket last week and haven't had a problem with my bluetooth since. I was restarting my phone 1-2 times a day to get it to connect with my car and now it connects every time.
    04-19-2012 05:29 AM
    Syrocket and Acura RDX (2008) handsfree link issue. Paired and connected but could not reconnect with option on phone. Sometimes connects automatically. Okay for a week but today it won't connect. Device is in list on HF on Acura and phone shows paired. When you try to connect, the Acura says pairing can not be initiated from the mobile device so something is not being synched up properly. Turning phone on and off doesn't work. Turning ignition off and opening door to recycle power cycle doesn't work either. Only way to solve problem last time this happened was to unpair; remove device from HF list on car and start over from scratch. This connected on the pairing and if lucky the next time it connected automatically.
    06-12-2012 01:54 PM
    Did you receive the newest update? I updated my Skyrocket last week and haven't had a problem with my bluetooth since. I was restarting my phone 1-2 times a day to get it to connect with my car and now it connects every time.
    I have the latest update available on my Canadian Rogers network. The version is 2.3.5. Still totally flakey as a phone.
    Call quality is randomly brutal. It's not that the call quality sounds bad to me. My voice sounds bad to others often. It seems the only solution is rebooting the phone.
    I am almost obsessive trying to figure this out. I read on some forum somewhere that the ICS update fixes everything but who knows... I wish that Samsung would choose one design so that problems are easier to diagnose and fix.

On a related note. A2DP streaming to my car is semi crackly. Apparently, the ICS update fixes that too.
    06-13-2012 12:13 AM
    Syrocket and Acura RDX (2008) handsfree link issue. Paired and connected but could not reconnect with option on phone. Sometimes connects automatically. Okay for a week but today it won't connect. Device is in list on HF on Acura and phone shows paired. When you try to connect, the Acura says pairing can not be initiated from the mobile device so something is not being synched up properly. Turning phone on and off doesn't work. Turning ignition off and opening door to recycle power cycle doesn't work either. Only way to solve problem last time this happened was to unpair; remove device from HF list on car and start over from scratch. This connected on the pairing and if lucky the next time it connected automatically.
    I'm not finding that I have to unpair and re-pair to get it to connect. Simply restarting the car works.
    06-13-2012 12:14 AM
    Okay,
    I had the connect / reconnect problems with my i727r and my Sync System on a 2011 Ford Explorer. No other phone caused this problem before. Sometimes it would connect for a few hours, sometimes only a few minutes. I tried every solution provided on the forums but the one that really worked was reverting my OS from ICS 4.0.3 back to Gingerbread. That worked fine and when I went to the Kies Desktop to do some maintenance it asked if I wanted to upgrade my firmware. I wasn't sure if that meant that I needed to update Gingerbread so I said yes. At the end, I was horrified to find that ICS had been reinstalled. However, this was version 4.0.4. Well it has been over a week now and there have been no problems what so ever. Very Happy with my Skyrocket now.
    Hope this helps.
    01-20-2013 10:23 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD