TGP vs. SGP vs. Otterbox Impact

I couldn't get any good pics of black cases.

Cutouts for speaker/mic/etc.

They were all perfect, except the SGP's speaker cutout was a little on the small side. Though it did not affect how loud my speaker got.
    The SGP also cuts out part of one of the shoulders to ensure GPS connection is not effected (my assumption).

Grippines in hands:

1-SGP
    2-TGP
    3-Impact

Looks overall:
    1-SGP
    2-TGP
    3-Impact

Ease of slipping into jeans pockets:

1-SGP
    1-TGP (too close to call)
    3-Impact ...absolutely sucked in this regard, it catches/grabs all my clothes

Ease of removing phone from case:

1-SGP (by a decent margin)
    2-TGP
    3-Impact

Ease of putting back into case:

1-SGP
    1-TGP (too close to call)
    3-Impact

Man card approval concerning how rugged it looks:

1-Impact
    2-TGP
    3-SGP

Metrosexual approval concerning how "cool" it looks:

1-SGP
    2-TGP
    3-Impact

How well will it probably protect my phone in a drop?

1-Impact (i'm guessing)
    2-SGP
    2-TGP (too close to call)

Fit & function:

1-SGP
    2-TGP
    3-Impact (different type of case, so it's tough to call it on this one)

Fingerprint magnet?

1-Impact (what fingerprints?!?)
    2-SGP (fingerprint magnet but sparklish pattern made them hard to see)
    3-TGP (you'll be wiping it down every hour)

Volume button feel:

1-Impact (easy to locate but feel sloppy)
    2-SGP (hard to locate but feel great)
    3-TGP (harder to locate but feel good)

Power button feel:

1-TGP (this area is cut out so you are clicking the actual button and it's EASY to find)
    2-Impact (easy to locate but feels sloppy)
    3-SGP (harder to locate but feels great)

SGP on left, Impact then TPU.

SGP sparklish surface:

SGP:

SGP had better packaging and comes with a screen protector that gets decent reviews:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/IMG_3811.jpg

SGP $22 and buy it here:
    SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Case Ultra Capsule Series - GALAXY S2 - Samsung - Cell Phones

TPU $9 and buy it here:
    Login : TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA

Both arrived within 3-4 days.

I'm really digging the SGP. It just looks like an extremely well made case. It's hardly there. It fits the shape of the phone and is waaay less bulky than the Impact, which really wasn't bad. If I can get over the sparkles and my buddies don't revoke my man-card, then I'm keeping it!!!
    The TGP would have been awesome if I didn't get the SGP also. Both are great cases.
    The Impact has a purpose but I didn't like it all that much.
    planoman, terefel and jsarino like this.
    11-18-2011 08:20 PM
    Good info, Thank you! I currently have the SGP Neo Hybrid which is okay for the time being. I saw some case mate cases at the ATT store that looks and worked like speck candy shell cases which looked pretty good. A bit more bulky than these, but superior in drop protection.

I got the TPU case for my Atrix 2 and it is ok. Will wait on Seidio to get their cases out before moving forward with a more impact resistant case.

Thanks again for your reviews on these.
    11-18-2011 08:32 PM
    Forgot to include a video of me removing the phone from the SGP and putting it back in. EASY.

VIDEO:

I had the case-mate POP on my Infuse. Far superior protection but also much-much more bulk. Everyone has their own priorities.
    The pop also had better grip in my hand.
    11-18-2011 08:32 PM
    Forgot to include a video of me removing the phone from the SGP and putting it back in. EASY.

VIDEO:

I had the case-mate POP on my Infuse. Far superior protection but also much-much more bulk. Everyone has their own priorities.
    The pop also had better grip in my hand.
    WOW That was fast putting on and off! Does it raise the camera lens from the surface when on the back? I am super paranoid about scratching the camera lens! Good info.

I just saw the case mates and did not look at or hold them. They looked pretty grippy but like you, I do not want to increase the thickness or size of the phone because of the case. Fine line between protection and too much bulk!
    11-18-2011 08:40 PM
    Does it raise the camera lens from the surface when on the back?
    Yep!

Fine line between protection and too much bulk!
    Funny thing about that.
    While reviewing the cases, I dropped my naked Skyrocket two feet onto bare concrete. First time I ever drop it is when I'm reviewing cases and don't have one on it. lol
    Not a scratch on it though.
    11-18-2011 08:49 PM
    I just put the TGP case inside of the Impact case. lol
    Perfect fit. That shows you how thin the TGP is. SGP is one step behind it too. Practically the same actually.
    11-18-2011 08:54 PM
    Thanks for putting this comparison. I'm torn now between the TGP vs. SGP. I've used Otterbox before (Commuter for both my Nexus One and my wife's Atrix), but though it was incredibly durable, it just feels way too bulky for my tastes.
    11-27-2011 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD