I'm very new to android and trying to learn about it...I'm coming from an iPhone 4S (wasn't too impressed, espically since the JB hasn't happened) anyway

I was watching the ICS/Galaxy Nexus event earlier and like the panoramic feature they showed. Was that specific to the Nexus or was that an ICS feature that I will eventually get on the SGS2 SR? I'm going with the SR bc I can get it cheap at the Navy Exchange with no tax.

I'm torn between these two phone...I like the screen size on both. I like how the SGS2 can have a 32GB SD card but I think the Nexus looks better overall.

What's everyone's thoughts on the main selling points between the two devices.

Thanks
    11-20-2011 05:49 AM
    My main selling point is that only one is available and the other one could only be a pipe dream.lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    11-20-2011 06:36 AM
    My main selling point is that only one is available and the other one could only be a pipe dream.lol

Not 100% true. You can get a UK version that will work with AT&T.
    11-20-2011 08:09 AM
    Not 100% true. You can get a UK version that will work with AT&T.
    Just depends on how much money you wanna spend. I'd look at some reviews from the uk version on youtube

11-20-2011 09:08 AM
    I bought the SR with the intention of passing it down as soon as the GNex was available on ATT. The SR is an amazing device. There might be some deal breaking features missing on the GNex for me though. May just get one more SR on the plan.
    11-20-2011 04:22 PM
    I was watching the ICS/Galaxy Nexus event earlier and like the panoramic feature they showed. Was that specific to the Nexus or was that an ICS feature that I will eventually get on the SGS2 SR? I'm going with the SR bc I can get it cheap at the Navy Exchange with no tax.
    By panoramic, do you mean the camera? If so, the SR has panorama mode in its camera app. I don't think there's alot the ICS can do that Gingerbread+Touchwiz can't. As long as you can live w/ the lower screen resolution and slower updates, you should be golden w/ the SR.

I'm not sure if you're determined to stay w/ ATT or if LTE is important, but aside from the SR and Vivid, it doesn't look like there are any new LTE phones coming out for months. It's not a guarantee that the Nexus will come to the US with LTE either. You might be in for quite a wait.
    11-21-2011 10:50 PM
    By panoramic, do you mean the camera? If so, the SR has panorama mode in its camera app. I don't think there's alot the ICS can do that Gingerbread+Touchwiz can't. As long as you can live w/ the lower screen resolution and slower updates, you should be golden w/ the SR.

I'm not sure if you're determined to stay w/ ATT or if LTE is important, but aside from the SR and Vivid, it doesn't look like there are any new LTE phones coming out for months. It's not a guarantee that the Nexus will come to the US with LTE either. You might be in for quite a wait.
    So right now the SGS2 and SGS2 SR have panoramic modes in the camera on GB?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.361496,-157.920085
    11-21-2011 11:35 PM
    So right now the SGS2 and SGS2 SR have panoramic modes in the camera on GB?

---
    I am here: Google Maps
    Yep! In the camera, go to settings and select it from the shooting mode menu. This camera has 6 shooting modes and 12 scene mode plus the ability to input text.
    11-22-2011 08:00 AM
    I would go with the Skyrocket. The Galaxy Nexus looks awesome, but the Skyrocket is also a great device. And I wouldn't worry about the screen resolution on the Skyrocket. I think the screen is the best I have seen on a phone. Even better than my Rezound.
    Plus, there is no telling when the Galaxy Nexus will hit AT&T.
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    12-03-2011 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD