Buy Skyrocket OR Wait for Higher Res Display?

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought Skyrocket myself on a launch day, and loved the screen. But I also upgraded my Verizon LTE phone to 1280x720 HTC Rezound. I can't stand how big everything appears on Skyrocket. I love the contrast, but guys, if you don't want to have buyers remorse for your Skyrocket, I advise you to never check out 720p screens. You'll never wanna go back.

In my case, I already ordered international unlocked GNexus and will be returning Skyrocket next week.
The abysmal fact that AT&T is throttling LTE users, as well as lack of solid plans for LTE deployment in NYC definitely played a role in my decision.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought Skyrocket myself on a launch day, and loved the screen. But I also upgraded my Verizon LTE phone to 1280x720 HTC Rezound. I can't stand how big everything appears on Skyrocket. I love the contrast, but guys, if you don't want to have buyers remorse for your Skyrocket, I advise you to never check out 720p screens. You'll never wanna go back.

In my case, I already ordered international unlocked GNexus and will be returning Skyrocket next week.
The abysmal fact that AT&T is throttling LTE users, as well as lack of solid plans for LTE deployment in NYC definitely played a role in my decision.

Where is the proof that att is throttling lte users? I seriously doubt that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Where is the proof that att is throttling lte users? I seriously doubt that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

They will throttle your speed if you are in the top 5% of data users for a 30 day billing cycle. not a set number but it seems to be as you near 5 GB. That is a lot of data for 30 days however, They should not throttle you down to below EDGE speeds as I have heard.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Are the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus available yet? Where did you order from? 16 or 32 GB? I assume it is HSPA+?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's HSPA+ 21mbps. There are 3 places to get it. Expandys USA, Clover and Handtec. Got it from Handtec $707 shipped.

I checked out Handtec and it looks like the 32GB will ship soon according to the website! I will look forward to your thoughts on the Galaxy Nexus forum. You will be using it on ATT since it is replacing your SR? I'll bet that screen is SWEET!

Budge72

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
So if I decide to get the Skyrocket instead of waiting for a 720p phone, what's the best deal going right now on an AT&T upgrade. I missed the Costco $50 deal. I can still get the deal from AT&T to buy a Galaxy Tab and get the Skyrocket for free, then sell the Tab.

Anybody find a better deal?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie