Hey guys, I read somewhere that I need to get a new sim card to take advantage of HSPA+/LTE on the SkyRocket. I bought the phone brand new from a friend who upgraded his account. I called 2 different ATT stores and they are insisting that I could use the sim from my current iPhone 3GS, and that the 4G LTE sim is the same, and they want $25 for the new sim. Is that what it costs? An authorized retailer for ATT told me he sells them for $20.

So I DO need this new sim card right? (despite ATT reps telling me otherwise)

Thanks
    11-22-2011 12:06 PM
    Depends on how recent your sim card is. If it is more than 2 years old you should probably get a new one. That said, you do not need a LTE SIM card. Your account just needs to be provisioned for LTE.

Can't believe they are going to charge you for a new sim card. They give them away like candy!
    11-22-2011 01:05 PM
    You can just goto any corporate at&t store and get a sim for free
    11-22-2011 01:12 PM
    You can just goto any corporate at&t store and get a sim for free
    I called 2 corporate stores, both said $25. Maybe because it's Manhattan, I dunno.

edit: Called one outside of Manhattan and they said they will give me one for free.
    11-22-2011 01:48 PM
    Hey guys, I read somewhere that I need to get a new sim card to take advantage of HSPA+/LTE on the SkyRocket. I bought the phone brand new from a friend who upgraded his account. I called 2 different ATT stores and they are insisting that I could use the sim from my current iPhone 3GS, and that the 4G LTE sim is the same, and they want $25 for the new sim. Is that what it costs? An authorized retailer for ATT told me he sells them for $20.

So I DO need this new sim card right? (despite ATT reps telling me otherwise)

Thanks
    When I got my Skyrocket they gave me a new sim card and did not use the one in my Atrix.
    11-22-2011 07:36 PM
    As long as the 9th and 10th numbers of you sim are 25 then its is Lte capable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    11-24-2011 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD