Skyrocket Update to 2.3.6 anyone?

cbn4forums

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I updated this afternoon, and I have not looked everything. But it seem like my speed has increased, from my house the average on November 6, 2011 was about 18Mbps/9Mbps and I am now getting 34Mbps/15Mbps (Wash DC-Baltmore area)

sdgrs

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The update I have does not give me a choice to install it. I can postpone it or go home but still in the notification bar. Are updates not opional on the skyrocket?

Reactions: anon(464338)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to wait to hear more experiences but I accidentally hit update when I was trying to postpone. The update took a few minutes and I have not see any differences. Speed is about the same. 20 to 25 down 12-15 up. I am in an area with two bars of LTE coverage. GPS did lock inside house!

Antutu benchmark was 57xx is now 5838 and the score chart shows my device after the Galaxy Nexus and before the Galaxy S II which before the update it was below the Galaxy S II.

Attached screen shot.

Jfenton78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Since this is my first time updating, will the update nuke my apps and photos? What's the best way to back everything up? Currently I only have a 1 GB microSD card, can I backup to the internal and be okay? Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Since this is my first time updating, will the update nuke my apps and photos? What's the best way to back everything up? Currently I only have a 1 GB microSD card, can I backup to the internal and be okay? Thanks for the help.

Jeff
You don't lose any data. I just did it. No big deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Jeff

You could also take your SD card out. I did not and everything remained. I did not even go back to touchwiz and my launcher pro stayed after the update.

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Well sounds like everybody noticed improved speeds on HSPA+ guess I'll update now and see what's up with it. I was really waiting just to make sure there's no stupid bugs that drains battery or causes wifi loss lol. Can't be too careful now a days :)

EDIT: haha I just tried to update for the first time and it did not find an update? I'm still on 2.3.5! Not rooted, just running Launcher Ex Pro. Any ideas what's up? Now I've got to wait 24 hours to try again. I was on my Wifi connection at home which is always reliable if that had anything to do with it?

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Lol it did give me the option to update, but it still dint find an update. I rebooted my phone a couple of times as well. Guess i'll just wait a bit longer.

Aquarium1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I did the update 2 days ago. I cannot tell any difference. Haven't been using 4g network enough to see if it's any quicker. I did find that I can hold the home button down and it will show me recently opened apps, but maybe it did that on 2.3.5 as well and I am only just discovering that feature.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I still haven't gotten the update. Wish I could manually update it, like I used to do with my Nexus One.

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
The home button did that before the update. I see no difference with the update. That said I am not in an LTE coverage area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

hurley81388

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
i still haven't gotten the update yet either...tried yesterday and then tried twice this morning by pushing the date forward twice manually in the settings.

it keeps telling me my phone is up to date. granted, i just got the phone yesterday but i'd definitely like the update OTA without rooting asap!

i'm a new android switcher (had iphones since the first one came out) and i've enjoyed the skyrocket so far. i'm still quite nervous about the battery life though

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
i still haven't gotten the update yet either...tried yesterday and then tried twice this morning by pushing the date forward twice manually in the settings.

it keeps telling me my phone is up to date. granted, i just got the phone yesterday but i'd definitely like the update OTA without rooting asap!

i'm a new android switcher (had iphones since the first one came out) and i've enjoyed the skyrocket so far. i'm still quite nervous about the battery life though

Give it a bit more time. Make sure you are powering down your phone regularly (daily) because updates usually come when you power on and initiate with the network. Also allow yourself a good week of charge and recharge cycles to see your battery life. Not sure battery life is as good at the iphone 3GS or 4 but it is better than I thought it would be for LTE and much better than Verizon's LTE.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante