12-18-2011 05:15 PM
70 123
tools
    I am using PlayerPro for my music. I transferred all my itunes music to the SD card on my Skyrocket using iSyncr. It kept all my itunes ratings, playlists etc. PlayerPro can see and display all of that. Also has a nice widget and a nice screen lock player.
    Thanks for the info. Just read about iSyncr online and used it last night. Worked perfectly. Using it with the stock music player though because I find that it uses the least amount of memory of the ones that I tried at least.

Anybody still having trouble getting the update? My phone is still showing as up to date on 2.3.5.......
    12-01-2011 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the info. Just read about iSyncr online and used it last night. Worked perfectly. Using it with the stock music player though because I find that it uses the least amount of memory of the ones that I tried at least.

Anybody still having trouble getting the update? My phone is still showing as up to date on 2.3.5.......
    Not to derail the thread but that sounds pretty cool, I've never heard of iSyncr, will definitely check it out when I get home. I din't want to have to re-make everything all over again (playlists, rename albums etc)

Either way, I've yet to get the update, I literally have been checking every day. If it fixes that pesky battery error, rather than me have to reboot the phone everytime I want it lol. Also if it makes the download/upload speeds quicker never hurts.
    12-01-2011 04:49 PM
    thanks for the advice. i'll make sure to power all the way down tonight to see what happens.

random question though about android itself (have only played around with it for less than a day)- what does everyone around here use as their music player? i've been giving doubletwist a try because all of my music is already sorted as unprotected mp3s in itunes but i find the android interface absolutely horrific coming from the ipod app on iphone.

i'm giving google music a try (although it's taking hours for all of my music to upload into the cloud) and have a question. with google music, in the app itself on the skyrocket do i have to individually select each song i want to download for offline listening? i would definitely prefer to have all of my music stored locally both to save battery life and to have access to it whenever i like. but having to select each song individually to download when i add new files to google music seems really annoying and a possible dealbreaker
    Google music is awesome if you don't mind not having lock screen controls. It caches what you listen to so its available offline anyways. Or you can select entire albums to be downloaded for offline as well.

Google Music is all I use honestly.

Back on topic I can't get the update for some reason
    12-01-2011 09:27 PM
    just tried again and still no update!!! does anybody know what gives?

has the update been pulled or does att have some crazy way of determining who gets the update?
    12-01-2011 11:20 PM
    Still butkus for me.
    12-02-2011 01:34 AM
    Waiting until Sunday to buy a SR. Kind of hoping they knock a few dollars in a new week of X-mas sales.
    Anyway, quick search for 2.3.6 & only found that the updates fixes a voice search issue in 2.3.5.
    12-02-2011 05:38 PM
    i just picked up a skyrocket that is rooted but stock, its on 2.3.5 and shows as up to date when check, had it less than 24hrs though lol
    12-08-2011 08:18 AM
    i just picked up a skyrocket that is rooted but stock, its on 2.3.5 and shows as up to date when check, had it less than 24hrs though lol
    Same here. Saw this thread and tried for an update. 2.3.5 is the latest.

Now we gotta get CM9 on the Skyrocket from Day One.
    12-08-2011 09:11 AM
    i have a feeling they pulled the update, alot of people arent getting it, stock or rooted doesnt seem to matter
    12-09-2011 09:17 AM
    This is odd. I got the SR on launch day and did get the update in my notifcation bar. I did not want to update immediately which is why I started this thread. The phone kept asking me to update. Once while trying to dismiss I hit confirm and the update downloaded, my phone updates with no issues etc.

Since then there has really been no talk of what this update was or what it did to the phone. Now people cannot get it...odd...I wonder what happended to the update?
    12-09-2011 12:55 PM
    I just got my brand new SR yesterday and checked for updates..nothing as well.
    12-15-2011 01:49 AM
    i heard they only rolled it out to 1000 people for testing purposes..
    12-15-2011 09:23 AM
    did anyone else get the update I wonder what the changes are....sgsii users getting it today looks like...
    12-16-2011 12:09 PM
    Just tried today, nothing available.
    12-16-2011 04:53 PM
    I don't get it. I have a Black 2 day old Skyrocket, and I have nothing in the updates. But there are people here that have gotten the update over a month ago. Any ideas?
    12-18-2011 09:47 AM
    I don't get it. I have a Black 2 day old Skyrocket, and I have nothing in the updates. But there are people here that have gotten the update over a month ago. Any ideas?
    From what I am gathering, Samsung or AT&T sent out the 2.3.6 update to about a 1000 people for testing and then took the update down. This seems to be the consensus amongst the people on this board and a couple others. I think they were looking for people to test it and make sure it is all set, then they would re post the update for everyone. That was a while ago so I'm hoping we will see it soon.
    12-18-2011 12:55 PM
    From what I am gathering, Samsung or AT&T sent out the 2.3.6 update to about a 1000 people for testing and then took the update down. This seems to be the consensus amongst the people on this board and a couple others. I think they were looking for people to test it and make sure it is all set, then they would re post the update for everyone. That was a while ago so I'm hoping we will see it soon.
    If I had known it was a test update I would have not downloaded... I have not really seen any difference in the operation of the phone pre to post update.
    12-18-2011 01:24 PM
    OK i caused an issue on my phone with this update...

I changed the date to try and update the phone because it said there was an update but the network was busy. I figured it was because i was inside my work building and not getting 4g, so i went out side and tried again with 4g but it told me that i needed to wait 24hours and try again. being the impatient geek that i am i thought well I'll just change the date and outsmart the 24hour wait. that failed. over the weekend i have tried this several times and now my phone says i have to wait 17516hr and 0 min.

How the heck do i clear the count down back to 0. shutting down and removing the battery to cause a reset didn't work
    12-18-2011 03:34 PM
    OK i caused an issue on my phone with this update...

I changed the date to try and update the phone because it said there was an update but the network was busy. I figured it was because i was inside my work building and not getting 4g, so i went out side and tried again with 4g but it told me that i needed to wait 24hours and try again. being the impatient geek that i am i thought well I'll just change the date and outsmart the 24hour wait. that failed. over the weekend i have tried this several times and now my phone says i have to wait 17516hr and 0 min.

How the heck do i clear the count down back to 0. shutting down and removing the battery to cause a reset didn't work
    Try settings, applications, manage applications, all, device management, clear data

And restart. I think that used to work on my captivate.
    12-18-2011 04:42 PM
    Try settings, applications, manage applications, all, device management, clear data

And restart. I think that used to work on my captivate.
    Worked perfect thank you very much
    12-18-2011 05:15 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD