01-22-2012 11:33 AM
33 12
tools
    I also have Verizon 3G and it is a hard cap at 5GB. I remember when I got the plan they called it unlimited. I said 5GB is not unlimited and they said nobody uses that much data per month.

Having said that, I give in. You guys are right. I do see where where you would use more data with LTE but you are clearly using it when wifi might be available. In my life, I would never have the kind of time to do whatever it is you are doing to consume 50GB to 90 GB of data on a 4.5 inch screen, no thanks!

You are right AT&T sucks for trying to manage their bandwidth on their network. So when everyone feels like you and the LTE speeds slows to a crawl and AT&T drops their unlimited plan and forces everybody to 2GB for $25 the ones who caused it will howl the most. Just my opinion!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Everyone has different time management, and many of us travel a lot and are not always willing to pay $30 a day for hotel WiFi. If you're mostly home or office/school I would imagine you may not use a lot of data, but I'm sure if you commute to your work 45min a day and use your LTE device, that alone will use more than 5GB a month of data.
    11-24-2011 12:47 PM
    Everyone has different time management, and many of us travel a lot and are not always willing to pay $30 a day for hotel WiFi. If you're mostly home or office/school I would imagine you may not use a lot of data, but I'm sure if you commute to your work 45min a day and use your LTE device, that alone will use more than 5GB a month of data.
    I am Marriott Platinum (75 nights) so I get free wifi and I usually try to stay in a Courtyard Marriott which has free wifi. I stay in some pretty nice hotels, and have not seen $30 wifi but would expense it anyway. I travel a lot but as I said, I carry a laptop with built in Verizon card and ipad. I guess you mean commute on mass transit, we do not have that here in Texas lol!. I drive some (to the airport or rental cars) so no data being used during my commutes.

You use a lot of data period! I probably use a lot of data also just not mainly from my phone on the data network. Nothing so pressing that I can't wait to get to wifi or a computer.

Anyways good luck with your data management.
    11-24-2011 01:07 PM
    Thanks. So far so good on Verizon's LTE.
    11-24-2011 01:24 PM
    I am Marriott Platinum (75 nights) so I get free wifi and I usually try to stay in a Courtyard Marriott which has free wifi. I stay in some pretty nice hotels, and have not seen $30 wifi but would expense it anyway. I travel a lot but as I said, I carry a laptop with built in Verizon card and ipad. I guess you mean commute on mass transit, we do not have that here in Texas lol!. I drive some (to the airport or rental cars) so no data being used during my commutes.

You use a lot of data period! I probably use a lot of data also just not mainly from my phone on the data network. Nothing so pressing that I can't wait to get to wifi or a computer.

Stop being such an elitist chief. Not everyone can expense everything nor do they want to if they are self employed. I have a Galaxy tab 10.1, but I use the phone most because it is easier. Like I said, I download podcasts and download movies to my phone. Give it up man.
    11-24-2011 03:57 PM
    Stop being such an elitist chief. Not everyone can expense everything nor do they want to if they are self employed. I have a Galaxy tab 10.1, but I use the phone most because it is easier. Like I said, I download podcasts and download movies to my phone. Give it up man.
    You give it up. It's your problem if you cannot expense wifi in a hotel. If I was elitist, I would not be trying to conserve my LTE traffic and use wifi. You do what you want. I am not criticizing you for the way you choose to download your data. I download podcast and movies also just on wifi. You can do as you please. I was just trying to point out that 5 GB in the radio data network is a lot in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and my phone is provided by my company do I so not even pay for it. If I was so elitist would I be trying to conserve my data and look for ways to use wifi? If I wanted to be elitist, I could probably come up with more than talking about wifi...Grow up and stop hating because someone says they can expense wifi for goodness sakes.
    11-24-2011 08:30 PM
    Carriers and their BS. So much for my plan to switch to AT&T. I see these kind of posts very often.
    I use between 15-20GB a month and I don't get ANY such threatening messages from Verizon. I like GSM but this has got to go!
    11-25-2011 08:49 AM
    I got a warning and I'm only at 1.56 GB! I posted screenshots and wrote about it here:

AT&T Warns Data Usage Below 2 GB? - Guy Techie - Rants from a tech addict.

I also emailed Android Central and Engadget via the Tip Us link.

The beef I have is that I am getting warned below 2 GB and I pay and extra $5 a month above your standard 2 GB plan! That's just wrong.

I'm not even CLOSE to the new $30 3GB plan. Even if I was, the unlimited plan should be a bit higher than that for us old-timers who is giving them years of loyal business. Ones that are old enough that we are still grandfathered in the unlimited plan!

I am seriously thinking of leaving AT&T now. I used to think I want to stay with AT&T because it was GSM, and I could use any unlocked international phones (most of them anyways). However, this isn't worth it. I'll go with T-Mobile with a real published throttle point (5GB), and stick with a smaller selection of AWS international unlocked phones.
    01-21-2012 02:22 PM
    I recently received a warning but it stated that I was reaching a 4GB limit reached by only the top one percent of users. I have an unlimited plan and didn't really notice a problem with reduced speeds. You should AT&T about that message.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    01-22-2012 11:33 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD