Cloud type question...

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
So I (diehard apple fan and said i would never go android but I am) was talking to my brother-in-law (diehard android fan who said he would never go apple but is thinking about it bc of iCloud) about iCloud and how you can add a calendar event and it AUTOMATICALLY goes to your phone, iPad, Mac etc. He's an Army Captain and has a lot on his calendar. I too love this feature. Does android have something similar? Maybe via Google? Is there a way to change add/change a calendar event, contacts etc and have them sync to all your devices that use Google?

Example: I add a contact to gmail contacts on my computer and when I go to my phone, it will be there. I know if I set up an exchange it will do this.

Thanks for the help. Trying to keep him on Android. His other reason was he played with his dads iPads and thinks the OS is smoother. I said, ICE should be just as smooth as iOS. I guess I'll find out bc I'm obviously keeping my iPad 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You can add the google calendar to any device and it will sync across all devices which has them.

Honestly the cloud is a funny thing. Android and webOS always had it and do it well, but apple once again is making it sound like their iCloud is the first.

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
^he right ! Android had a lot of things first, I mean look at Apple there very first phone didn't have mms ! Lol isn't that a joke ! And now if you haven't noticed Apple makes every little thing seem so big, and the funny thing is you have to buy the new Apple phone to be able to get those little features... Seriously dude Apple is one hell of a joke... It is now time to join the darkside with Android ! :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I thought google calendar worked like that. So I can even tell him that it will work if he has an:

android phone (galaxy SR, iPad 2, and Mac)....his setup at home that Google Calendar will work with all this? Are these apps for the phones/tablets? I went to google calendar on my iPhone and added to homes screen so it takes me there directly, but is there an actual app for android?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I thought google calendar worked like that. So I can even tell him that it will work if he has an:

android phone (galaxy SR, iPad 2, and Mac)....his setup at home that Google Calendar will work with all this? Are these apps for the phones/tablets? I went to google calendar on my iPhone and added to homes screen so it takes me there directly, but is there an actual app for android?

On your computer the calendar and contacts are with gmail. I just use a gmail shortcut in my browser. On an android phone the gmail, calendar and contacts are native apps to the phone and you select which ones you want to automatically sync with your phone through your google account settings on the phone. You will need a gmail email account to get started with an android phone. They all work very well with android phones.

Reactions: Gary86

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea it varies from phone as in if it has a skin, touch wiz, sense & etc.

But just adding the google calendar to the stock calendar should work on all devices.

I've been doing this with my old Pre, iPhone 3GS & my gf's EVO all sharing the Sam calendar

Reactions: Gary86

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Everyone I know who has used iCloud has lost data on it at some point, due to weird synch issues.

Anyways, on Android you can use your google account which synchs up with just about any major 3rd party app calendar out there, automatically. I've gone through a couple dozen custom ROM's on my phone and never lost a date yet. Anytime I add my google account to my phone, every major 3rd party app (calendar or otherwise) on the phone synchs up to my google account automatically. I'm pretty amazed by how well it works, actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech