Battery woes, 4g off switch and CM advantages

ramraj07

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got the penny skyrocket on amazon, amazing phone!

But for the battery. Been two days now, had a fully charged battery 8h before and after 20min of screen use and 20 min of talking (+1.5 hr of nonWIFI roaming, no data usage) its already at 40%. Maybe the iphone 4 has spoiled me but it looks like I can't get through an entire day at this rate! So I have some queries:

1. Does anyone have a working 4g toggle option for skyrocket
2. If I get a replacement battery, can I get a standalone charger or do I have to put it in the phone to charge it?
3. If I charge a replacement battery and leave it in my bag, how many days before it completely loses the charge?
4. I guess I will eventually go to CM, but will that change my battery woes to better/worse?

Thanks for your help in advance!

3lectroid

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the first couple days of use on mine the battery life was terrible.. Its gotten a lot better now, can go a day and a half on moderate use..

Sedn

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the above comment. I was almost about to trade it in for the original which had decent battery of the jump. Now my SR lives between 9 - 12 hours easily.

clindsey

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes it gets better. I just got 1day 13hrs moderate use before putting it on the charger at 23%. I average between 12-18hrs with heavy use.

As far as spare battery and charger - I use this: Samsung? (OEM) Spare Battery Charging System for Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989

It's for the T-Mobile GSII but works perfectly fine with the skyrocket...I always have a fresh battery

The replacement battery fully charged will last weeks probably months with little if any discharge.

Aquarium1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a widget called Data Enabler from the android market. I don't know if you want that or if you're looking for an LTE enabler, which doesn't exist yet to my knowledge.

The battery does get better with time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon