So I was just surfing around the AT&T website because I am thinking about buying my girlfriend the SR as well. AT&T currently has the XPAL Powerskin (Battery rechargable) case listed for $35...this case is usually $80. I am not sure if this is a mistake or this is a seasonal price. I am going to place my order and see if anything changes.

XPAL PowerSkin - Samsung Skyrocket - Cell Phone Accessories - from AT&T
    11-30-2011 03:58 PM
    Went ahead and ordered mine too
    11-30-2011 04:33 PM
    If you all are in the market for a battery case this is the way to go. I just went to my local at&T store and gave them the sku on the website. At 1st they said they did not have it but then they checked the inventory in the back and found 1. They tried to tell me it was $80 and then I showed them the price on their website and they had to honor it. $80 case for $35... Get your orders in before it is too late.

I will take pics and post a review of it.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket using Tapatalk
    11-30-2011 07:09 PM
    Okay all so i have this new case installed on my phone and i want to give a quick review so you all can decide. If you want to take advantage of the great deal at&t probably has no idea that they are offering.

Background: previous ipone user (every model including the 4s). This is my 1st android device.

Case negatives:
    Adds 8mm of thickness to the device (bulky)
    Silicone/rubbery texture
    Mini usb charging port moves around
    Phone can feel award at times when holding in landscape position

Case positives:
    2x battery life
    Smart charge... Actually charges phone before case
    Fingerprint resistant
    On/off button
    LED indicator light for power remaining
    Easy access to all ports and toggles

OVERALL: If battery life is an issue of your then I highly recommend this case... Especially for $35. I am a heavy user and pretty much stream music via bluetooth a2dp technology from my phone all day long. I also download apps and frequently browse the web. I live in the DC metropolitan area so LTE is available here and it can be a frequent battery drained.

Thx and i hope this helps.

naclh20 and jd3seatown like this.
    11-30-2011 07:42 PM
    Your mileage may vary here guys, AT&T does NOT have to pricematch their website for accessories. Hell, most managers will tell you that they can't do it at all. Some are lenient and will take a $35 accessory sale before you walk out and spend nothing, but they DO NOT have to honor this for ANY reason. You're just lucky you got someone that made the exception for you. Order it if you want the low price. They're $80 in stores.
    11-30-2011 07:49 PM
    I ordered one yesterday when I saw this. Looking forward to trying it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 11:31 AM
    I got 5.5 hrs of use out of just the case today before it completely died and switched over to the phone battery.

12-01-2011 12:12 PM
    As of today (2 Dec 2011) , the online price is back to $80. Cheers to those who score the deal.
    12-02-2011 10:23 PM
    Woot!!!!!!

12-02-2011 10:44 PM
    are any of you having a problem with your usb connecting to your pc? Its not showing that my phone is hooked to my pc so i can upload music.
    12-27-2011 07:44 PM
    I got my powerskin a couple of weeks ago on Amazon for $55. It's $68 now. It works well and is a good grip but I don't feel as well protected as with it in the otterbox defender. I'll use it around the house and other relatively safe situations. Just ordered a New Trent IMP1000 which has 11,000mah, or about eight recharges of the SR. Thought $77 a good deal for that much power reserve.

Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad2, iPad, iPhone 4S 4 3Gs 3G (AT&T and Verizon), iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G 5G), HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Samsung Galaxy S, Droid, Nintendo, Sony PSP and much m

db, no usb icon in your notification bar?
    12-28-2011 10:24 AM
    well when i took off the case and plugged it in, i get a usb icon, so im assuming that the usb port on the xpal is only for charging and ill have to remove the case if i wanna load music
    12-28-2011 11:08 AM
    The Powerskin USB port is only for charging. Unfortunately it does not act as a bridge to access data while charging.
    12-28-2011 10:58 PM
    If you all are in the market for a battery case this is the way to go. I just went to my local at&T store and gave them the sku on the website. At 1st they said they did not have it but then they checked the inventory in the back and found 1. They tried to tell me it was $80 and then I showed them the price on their website and they had to honor it. $80 case for $35... Get your orders in before it is too late.

I will take pics and post a review of it.

Do you still have this case and if so how is performing?
    03-01-2012 11:39 AM
    I actually got rid of the case. It was nice for battery life (almost double life), but the case is way to big for my liking and the material it is made of makes it easy to collect dust and lent and get stuck in pockets.
    03-01-2012 11:47 AM
    I actually got rid of the case. It was nice for battery life (almost double life), but the case is way to big for my liking and the material it is made of makes it easy to collect dust and lent and get stuck in pockets.
    Hows that battery life without it?
    03-01-2012 09:55 PM
    Mine worked for a couple of weeks but won't charge any more. Online system to return asks a lot of questions about your charger, voltage, amps. Haven't heard back since filling out the info. Not impressed with the customer service. Will just do an Amazon return.
    03-03-2012 07:26 PM
    Same happened to me, except I didn't get an email back from xpal, so I just did the Amazon return.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Green Tapatalk
    03-03-2012 10:11 PM
    shows its on sale for $60 now
    03-03-2012 10:21 PM
    I just sold my xpal yesterday for $30 to someone on Craigslist.

Since I bought the desktop charger, I don't need it. Gonna pick up a spare OEM battery and keep that as a backup.
    03-05-2012 09:31 AM
    I purchase this back on Dec 20 and reregistered it as soon as I got it. It started to not hold a charge in the middle the first part of Feb. I did get ahold of technical support but had to give my att email address instead of my yahoo as their system was having a problem with it. It took a week to arrive at the addess that the RMA was sent to. On Monday of the following week I attempted to get ahold of someone for status, and was only allow to leave a message. No one got back with me. I called again and same on story. Last Thursday March 1st I recieve notice that it was being sent out that very day and should received it one to three days. However, when I went to check the tracking number, USPS stated that it had not been picked up. When I inquired about this on Monday I was told that it would take about 3 to 5 days and was assured that it was pick up arround 8 am on the morning of March 1. Yesterday I check again and same message stating that the package had not been picked up. I replied back to the person who sent me the email with the Message from USPS copied into the body of the email stating Where's my package. I was then sent a message back stating that this was coming from the Manufactoring and should arrive arround March 19.
    After this I strongly recommend to any who is considering purchasing a Power Skin from Xpal to Strongly Reconsider their decision.
    tiger12490 likes this.
    03-07-2012 09:42 AM
    Be very careful with this item. I am on my third. First on lasted about 30 days, ATT took it back and gave me another. Second one lasted about 35 days, just did an RMA and will be returning it,yes for another. When they work, they are great, when the die, they stay dead.
    03-10-2012 03:52 PM
    mine constantly stayed hot with mine.. i took it back
    03-13-2012 08:13 AM
    I ended up returning my case ad well and I had 2. The batteries start to die rather quickly after a few weeks and it seems as if you don't even have 1 on at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    03-15-2012 12:08 AM
    Here is an update. When I registered my product I selected the wrong model number. Even though they had my defected item for a week before I got a response. They sent the model that I registered. I email them back imediately after I got it stating I got the wrong model (the one I registered). After being requested that I sent in my sales receipt (which I email back) I have yet to hear anything from them (this has been a couple of days). So I guess this issues has become mute. Oh well no big deal. I guess seeing that the Customer is satified with their product is not a very high priority on there list. There are other companies to buy extended batteries from.
    03-15-2012 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD