Ridiculous: 6 reasons the iphone is better

Aquarium1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Talk about out and out lying:

http://tech.lifegoesstrong.com/6-ways-iphone-better-android

I like how he states that 2.3 phones won't receive ICS. How about iOS being better at finding wifi networks? Last time i checked, my i-touch and SR both found the same networks.

Also, how stupid to claim that putting media on an android is hard. It is, in fact, easier because you don't need itunes. You plug in, drag and drop.
:what:

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
Edited to correct title.

Last edited:

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: Ridiculous: 6 reason the iphone is better

1. BS - I've never had any security problems with my OG Droid since Nov 2009.

2. Kind of hard to justify when the majority of iPhone users buy a new iPhone every year when the newest one is released. This is a lame reason.

3. This is just silly. He has no scientific proof.

4. This one really boils my blood!! Because I think Apple has the most difficult and locked down way of syncing. It's called iTunes. You're locked down, only 1 way to sync EVERYTHING! Not to mention you're music you purchase off iTunes is encrypted and therefore must be stored on an Apple device. FAIL!

5. Apple Ecosystem sucks!! It's so locked down, bland, generic, and un-customizable and anti-user friendly that it's sickening. I prefer Android's OPEN ecosystem where you may come and go as you please with you're contacts, music, photos, videos.

6. Ahh personalization. The one thing that iPhone can NOT do!! He didn't mention anything about personalizing iOS. That's because you can't!! iPhone can't have up to 7 personalized and customized home screens with widgets, icons, shortcuts, wallpapers, weather, clocks, notifications, and on and on!

It's total BS when he says at the end that "There would be no android without iPhone blazing the path". Haha, total crap. Does he realize that Android was being invented and developed long before Google bought them and also before iPhone and iOS were created.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

People like that know nothing about being fair. He is an iPhone user/lover obviously. Nothing will be better than the trendiest phone in the world...nor ever....

Only thing I like about the iPhone, well two things, size and build quality. That is it.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Guys dont let stupid ass geek blogs get you all riled up...I know its frustrating.
iPhone has pros and cons and of course Android does too. We know this.

(i thought it was wrowled up, but google says riled....)
BTW, nothing comes close to iTunes syncing...sorry.

canaah

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Im neither team Iphone or team droid, but droid phones are better now. i have a 4s and a skyrocket but I like my skyrocket better. Specifically for the LTE and screen size but there is other thin

1.Iphone uses an inferior technology called 3g, while android devices are using 4g lte
2.It has a tiny screen
3Android gives you more options and flexibiliy
4.Iphone doesn't have an attachment option on its e-mail client
5.doesnt have flash and took 4 years to get a stand alone gmail client, still doesnt have one for hotmail
6.Android has more and better apps
7.Developers get more flexibility to create on Android.
By the time iphone 5 comes Android devices will make the 4s look like a VCR in regards to specs and capabilities
8. A home, back, search and menu button.
9.1 word......Personalization

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are a fan of Google products, an iPhone can't hold a candle to a high end Android device. I tried the 4S for a month. I couldn't do it. The phone itself was great, but the Google integration just wasn't the same.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

ihighlander

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Really?

Why google everything when you can iCloud what google doesn't do best?

Has anyone used an iPhone in this forum?

I returned the 4s because there was no jailbreak and the possibility seemed bleak. But as a phone/PDA is concerned, the iPhone is better laid out. It's a lot simpler, it just works out of the box and there are no issues.

-Notification system (which was copied from android) works far better. Still waiting for ICS on the SkyRocket in order to have decent functionality.
-Icon badges are REALLY REALLY so useful it's stupid. Android has no such system. Heck even WP7 has a similar system with its tiled interface.
-Itunes, as bloat as it may be, it really helps to bring down your musing/ringtones. Much simpler than any android integration. (still searching for something similar).
-Siri was stupidly useful, specially the GEOREMINDERS. Where are these in android?
-SMOOOOOOOOTTTTHHHH. Sorry, Android feels like beta software compared to iOS.
-Everything that has been fixed on ICS for android, the iPhone did great already.
-my 3 years old 3gs got iOS5. I am worried my SkyRocket (1mo old phone) might not get it.
-For as big as this 4.5" display is, I can read pages better on my iPhone 4 than the SR.
-Tap Economy. I have to hit a LOT more taps on Android to do the same things I do on iOS.
-KEYBOARDS!!!! the prediction mechanism or detection from the iPhone keyboard is LIGHT YEARS ahead of ANY keyboard on Android.
-Things as simple as contacts are much better laid out on iOS.
-Visual Voicemail better integrated.

Damn, I can keep going and going.

Its no wonder it's still the #1 handset in the world.

What Fandroids need to understand is that instead of bashing Apple, they should acknowledge the competition (just like HP did) and fix all the things that OUR (android) OS doesn't have, or can do better.

Stop bashing apple and as customers, loyal fans, demand what really should have been done long ago. I mean, its on version 4.0 and ICS is now doing GPU acceleration. Something iOS 1 did. Same thing with updates. Updates should be made available at least through a 2 year life span of the phone. We are on a 2 year contract on most of these devices.

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm an iPhone 3GS user and don't even have an Android phone yet (I'm switching soon), and even I know that this article is blatantly dishonest in several ways. The whole point of choosing Android over iOS is *precisely* because you can do more with it and modify it to your heart's content. There are plenty of things I don't like about iOS, and I can't do anything about it.

The writer is correct that the Android "ecosystem" isn't as well-developed in terms of peripherals. But please don't mention that to me every time my 3GS flashes a "this device is not supported" message when I plug it into my fancy speaker dock that was expressly designed for the iPhone. It still works, but has random problems that mysteriously resolve themselves by re-plugging it in several times. So much for "seamless integration." BTW, Philips just came out with a docking station for Android, so there you go. With such market penetration, the Android peripherals will come. It's just too lucrative a market to ignore.

iTunes is a pain in the ass, not a plus. It's one of the least intuitive pieces of software I've ever used--not quite as bad as trying to use Illustrator or PageMaker for the first time, but not good, either. After two years, I'm still screwing things up whenever I update the 3GS or my library, and I'm hardly a noob when it comes to software. Drop and drag from Windows sounds GREAT to me.

Look, the iPhone and its ecosystem are very slick and have their pluses. I've gotten two good years of service from the 3GS. But I feel like I'm ready to take off the training wheels now...

Aquarium1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Really?

Why google everything when you can iCloud what google doesn't do best?

Has anyone used an iPhone in this forum?

I returned the 4s because there was no jailbreak and the possibility seemed bleak. But as a phone/PDA is concerned, the iPhone is better laid out. It's a lot simpler, it just works out of the box and there are no issues.

-Notification system (which was copied from android) works far better. Still waiting for ICS on the SkyRocket in order to have decent functionality.
-Icon badges are REALLY REALLY so useful it's stupid. Android has no such system. Heck even WP7 has a similar system with its tiled interface.
-Itunes, as bloat as it may be, it really helps to bring down your musing/ringtones. Much simpler than any android integration. (still searching for something similar).
-Siri was stupidly useful, specially the GEOREMINDERS. Where are these in android?
-SMOOOOOOOOTTTTHHHH. Sorry, Android feels like beta software compared to iOS.
-Everything that has been fixed on ICS for android, the iPhone did great already.
-my 3 years old 3gs got iOS5. I am worried my SkyRocket (1mo old phone) might not get it.
-For as big as this 4.5" display is, I can read pages better on my iPhone 4 than the SR.
-Tap Economy. I have to hit a LOT more taps on Android to do the same things I do on iOS.
-KEYBOARDS!!!! the prediction mechanism or detection from the iPhone keyboard is LIGHT YEARS ahead of ANY keyboard on Android.
-Things as simple as contacts are much better laid out on iOS.
-Visual Voicemail better integrated.

Damn, I can keep going and going.

Its no wonder it's still the #1 handset in the world.

What Fandroids need to understand is that instead of bashing Apple, they should acknowledge the competition (just like HP did) and fix all the things that OUR (android) OS doesn't have, or can do better.

Stop bashing apple and as customers, loyal fans, demand what really should have been done long ago. I mean, its on version 4.0 and ICS is now doing GPU acceleration. Something iOS 1 did. Same thing with updates. Updates should be made available at least through a 2 year life span of the phone. We are on a 2 year contract on most of these devices.

I don't know where to begin. Used iOS for years, but don't agree that itunes is better, unless you never used a computer before itunes came out. If I want music, I drag and drop it to my music folder, download from Amazon's mp3 store, or as a last ditch buy it on itunes. We are not building atomic weapons, we're simply moving or copying music from one device to another. If itunes is that great, why does it take a dump on my album artwork every time I switch computers and move my library?

I have only been using androids for a couple of months, but i can already tell it is MY kind of os. I am not a programmer, but I want control over how things happen, and android gives me that. If I want something one tap away, I use widget locker to put it on my lockscreen.

Badges on icons? You mean the notification that there is an update, or new email? I like it, but the notification tab does the same thing, and I have not found it to cause any problems.

The iphone keyboard IS good. Can't say I disagree.

When reading, I can say the retina display looks better, but it does not make me miss the small screen enough to go back.

Upgrades to the OS? My SR got one within two weeks. It is already old news that the SR is getting ICS, so why are you worried? My Toshiba Thrive got an update to 3.2 after I owned it 6 weeks. The only thing to worry about is who made your device. Apple is the only manufacturer of i-stuff. Tons of manufacturers for Android, so if you buy no-name stuff, or from notoriously poorly supporting manufacturer, you may be stuck. That is much like the pc world, and as was said back when tablets were still stone- Caveat Emptor.

I don't bash Apple. Still own iOS products, but you have to call a spade a spade. That article was pure bs propaganda, and poorly disguised.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol