What is the BEST QUALITY Screen protector offered?

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

I am in the market for a new screen protector for my Skyrocket. I just exchanged my black skyrocket for the new white model and need a new screen protector. I was utilizing the iVisor screen protector previously which was great. It only had 1 fall back, which was it seemed as if it was designed before the official design of the skyrocket was released. The black parts of the screen protector actually cover up partial parts of the SAMSUNG lettering on the phone which makes it look a little sloppy. Besides that it protects the screen great and is amazingly easy to install and remove. I wish they offered a white version with a corrected design.

Is there any similar screen protectors out there or protectors that you have used and would recommend? I would prefer a protector that covers the whole front of the phone and offers anti glare and finger print protection, but does not leave air bubbles.

Thanks for the help.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
You could look at the REALOOK screen protector. I actually ordered it and waiting delivery, but I've heard nothing but good things about it from other people. You can get it from Amazon here.

bimbot

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using bestskinsever.com since my 3gs and picked up a zagg when they were 50% off. the BSE skin was just as good. For my Skyrocket, though, I decided to try the Skinomi skin. I haven't received it yet so I can't comment. We'll see how that turns out.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have used several over the years, but keep going back to ZAGG or Best Skins ever. I have used SGP, Moshi and others and they look great but they can get sratched themselves and then they look bad. The ZAGG and besk skins have a self healing property that keeps them looking good. I know you get a slight orange peel effect, but it is better than the non glare screen on the Samsung screens IMO. I feel pretty good when I have a case and a ZAGG on my phones. When I sell them the buyers always comment on how they look new!

devilsushi

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I been using Ghost Armor for the past year now and hands down I like the feel and quality overa ZAGG and Power Support USA. The warranty is lifetime even if you do a device exchange as long as you retain the film. Albeit it does carry a $5 reapplication fee. They usually can be found in a mall kiosk, but I'd suggest finding the closest one at http://wwww.ghostarmor.com The fingerprint residue is minimal to none as compared to ZAGG and doesn't make the device feel slippery at all. They also do custom cuts for unlisted devices.

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the Ghost Armor and really liked it...especially the white carbon fiber, but I need some drop protection as well so I went with a case and screen protector.

s3ntrax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting my skyrocket next week and i might go with the Steinheil SGP screen protector. I've had a couple sets of them on my iPhone 4 and they are the clearest screen protectors that ive ever used. I used ZAGG before but i didnt' like the orangepeel effect that they caused.
The SGP protectors do get scratched but they last for a while so I don’t mind ordering another set like 6 months later especially when my screen is perfectly clear that whole time and they only cost $15 for 2 of them.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Zagg and BSE use the same material. It's what goes on propeller blades on helicopters supposedly.
ZAGG has saved me many times.
I get zero bubbles and hardly any orange peel.
Trick is you really have to wet the thing, A LOT.

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I went with the OtterBox Defender, I love how it makes the phone feel protected.

but i hate the screen protector that is built in. Some how dust collects close tot he screen facing camera and always ends up working its way down the screen. I end up taking the case off once a week to clean the screen.
I'm thinking about putting some other screen protector on it and cutting the Defenders screen protector off

Ended up removing the build in screen protector and went to best buy and bought the one they sell. yeah it looks like orange peel but i am very happpy with the way the screen looks and i haven't removed the case since i put the screen protector on.

Last edited:

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

I am in the market for a new screen protector for my Skyrocket. I just exchanged my black skyrocket for the new white model and need a new screen protector. I was utilizing the iVisor screen protector previously which was great. It only had 1 fall back, which was it seemed as if it was designed before the official design of the skyrocket was released. The black parts of the screen protector actually cover up partial parts of the SAMSUNG lettering on the phone which makes it look a little sloppy. Besides that it protects the screen great and is amazingly easy to install and remove. I wish they offered a white version with a corrected design.

Is there any similar screen protectors out there or protectors that you have used and would recommend? I would prefer a protector that covers the whole front of the phone and offers anti glare and finger print protection, but does not leave air bubbles.

Thanks for the help.

I use no protectors. The phone is already very scratch resistant, but it is not scratch proof. I just reserve one pocket for the phone only. Sometimes I throw keys in there by mistake, but my screen is still flawless. This is how I carried my iPhone and I had one minor scratch after 2 years. Gorilla Glass is even better than the iPhone glass.

Do you know why there are so many of these screen protector brands popping up on a daily basis? It is because a person buys 500+ of them for 10 cents each on alibaba (chinese trade site), and they sell them for $3 on ebay, or $10 after they create a website and a fancy packaging to ship it in. Then they come to sites like these and promote their product disguising themselves as a user of the product.

In Korea, if you want new Gorilla Glass because you got some scratches on it after dropping it face down on concrete, you just need to go to a Samsung A/S center. If it is not under warranty, you pay ~$40 and they replace the gorilla glass for you while you wait. I wish we had that service in the US. That's the way things should be. The Super AMOLED screen should be enjoyed, not covered in cheap plastic that comes off the edges or stains after a few weeks of use.