Inspire 4G to a Skyrocket and LOVE IT!!!

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket last night and I have to say that I am loving it. I switched from the HTC Inspire 4G due tot he absolutely horrible battery life. I'm loving the speed on the SR. The battery is still at 3/4's full. On my Inspire, I would be below half and looking to re-charge relatively soon.

I just ordered the Otterbox Defender for it and am waiting for that to complete the package.

Any advice for the future????

Nick

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
loving it too! I did however purchase a spare battery because I find that skyrocket's battery doesnt last as long as my Atrix 4G. and I use my phone a lot :) got one on amazon for $34.53 with tax and shipping. also planning to root it today with superoneclick which seems to be the easiest solution and provides easy unrooting as well..

Last edited:

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Inspire 4G when I had it and I wasn't all that impressed. Don't get me wrong, you can do alot with the phone once it is rooted. Bu, I found it to be a little complicated and the battery didn't last all that much more. I tried a couple of different root's but nothing really impressed me all that much. Maybe I just don't know enough about it and what the opportunities it unleashes.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Inspire 4G when I had it and I wasn't all that impressed. Don't get me wrong, you can do alot with the phone once it is rooted. Bu, I found it to be a little complicated and the battery didn't last all that much more. I tried a couple of different root's but nothing really impressed me all that much. Maybe I just don't know enough about it and what the opportunities it unleashes.

for me the point of rooting this phone is: to remove att bloatware, to install wifi tether and try to install google wallet. In my previous cases it actually helped to improve battery life a bit.

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how it works for you and maybe I will give it a shot on this phone. I wouldn't mind getting wifi tethering considering I have a Motorola Xoom Wifi.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how it works for you and maybe I will give it a shot on this phone. I wouldn't mind getting wifi tethering considering I have a Motorola Xoom Wifi.

superoneclick didnt work, i had to give up for now. it doesnt recognize my phone. I dont want to try other methods as they dont seem to provide unrooting option. i've also opened up a new thread on how to unroot the skyrocket question.

s3ntrax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
superoneclick didnt work, i had to give up for now. it doesnt recognize my phone. I dont want to try other methods as they dont seem to provide unrooting option. i've also opened up a new thread on how to unroot the skyrocket question.

i just used SuperOneClick to root my Skyrocket and it worked perfectly. It took about 5 minutes or so.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
i just used SuperOneClick to root my Skyrocket and it worked perfectly. It took about 5 minutes or so.

oh lol thanks bit I've already rooted it (and unrooted and rooted back lol) long time ago. I've used the DoomLord's generic root :)

DHeimer

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My advice would be not to buy otterbox or other stuff until you try bluetooth and voice dialing if that's important to you, because they are so bad that I'm probably going to take my skyrocket back. Too bad. I also loved the speed and form factor.