bloatware

bwil18

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading up on rooting...it is definitely not as easy as jailbreaking. A lot more in depth. Is rooting the phone worth it? Also been tyring to find out the pro's and con's of rooting.

djrbx

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading up on rooting...it is definitely not as easy as jailbreaking. A lot more in depth. Is rooting the phone worth it? Also been tyring to find out the pro's and con's of rooting.

Depends on the person. If you like to have full control of your phone and install custom ROMs, kernels, etc., then yes. For most people though, it is not worth it. I know plenty of people who do not root and are perfectly happy with their phones. I rooted mine and installed a custom ROM, but in all honesty I could have not done it and still be happy. Just depends on what you want from your phone and if stock works for you. On the other hand, if stock doesn't work out, then go ahead an root it.

bwil18

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Well this might be a stupid question, but what is the "easiest/quickest" way to root? I would love to take off all the bloatware...so annoying.

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

SpringCTIL

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android.

Coming over from BB. Have a lot to learn.

Hate all he extra garbage AT&T put on thee phone.

Until I get to the comfort level to root my phone, can I take the bloatware that comes on a phone, move it to a folder and hide the folder?

If so, where can I read up on what I need & how to do it?

Thanks everyone.

Spring

Philter05

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a "Safe List" of bloat that can be removed? Just rooted and would like to clean this thing up a little, but I don't want to spend all day re-installing .apk's. :-[ Thanks in advance!

Tronyx

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a "Safe List" of bloat that can be removed? Just rooted and would like to clean this thing up a little, but I don't want to spend all day re-installing .apk's. :-[ Thanks in advance!

Got this list from over at XDA-Developers:

AccuWeather
AllShare
Amazon Kindle
Ap Mobile
AT&T Bar Code Scanner
AT&T FamilyMap
AT&T Live TV
AT&T Ready2Go
AT&T Hot Spots (Automatically logs into FREE AT&T Hot Spots)
AT&T Navigator
Buddies now
City ID
Clock 1.0
Clock 1.1
Dial Clock 1.0
Days
Digital Clock (if you are using another clock app)
Dual Clock
Featured Apps
Home screen Tips
Kobo
Media Hub
Memo
Mini diary
Mini paper
MOG Music
MYATT
News & Weather
NFS Shift
PressReader
SNS 1.5
SNS disclaimer
SNSAccountFb
SNSAccountLi
SNSAccountTw
SnsImageCache
Swype
TalkBack
Tethering Manager
Visual Voicemail
Yahoo! Finance
YP
Zinio

I froze all of those apps and then some. That should at least get you started though.

Chris

PS - If you found this post helpful please 'Thank' me.

Reactions: Philter05

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance