So I have lots of words that are accidentally getting added to my predicative text dictionary and then taking precedence over real words.

For example, if I type "yoi" (instead of you) the default is now "uiu" instead of you. This is super frustrating and the instances of it are piling up every time I accidentally add a misspelled word to the dictionary.

On my old Android there was a user dictionary menu in the Language and Keyboard that allowed me to delete unwanted words. But it is missing now, WHY?

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? What can I do? I look so stupid always misspelling words now.
    12-14-2011 08:31 PM
    i usualy turn off quick fixes on all
    my phones. try that.
    12-14-2011 08:55 PM
    im pretty sure if you type the word 'yoi' and tap 'you' in the suggestion bar and then do that 3 times, it will prioritize 'you' instead of 'uiu' . you basically have to retrain it
    12-15-2011 10:42 AM
    Have you considered a different keyboard.
    I was hesitant but I bought Smart Keyboard. I love it! It looks stock, and it has more options than you thought were possible; however it works great out of the box. And you have alot of control over your own dictionary.
    For example, on Android Keyboard when you type "ill" it changes it to Ill, how often do you really use that word...SO on Smart Keyboard you can make "ill" change to I'll" automatically.

This may not answer your question, but its a worthy mention..
    Source: https://market.android.com/details?i...Ym9hcmRwcm8iXQ..
    12-15-2011 03:11 PM