I have an iPhone 4s and kind of miss Android and a large display. I came from many high-end Android devices on T-Mobile and they all lagged. My worst was the HTC Sensation 4G. I plan on keeping my iPhone 4s but would like to occasionally swap devices. I haven't heard the greatest things about Qualcomm Processors. I wish this model had the original Samsung processor. Anyway, can I get some honest opinions on how smooth the phone performs? I am especially looking to see how the web browser performs. From the videos I've watched, it seems to be pretty smooth.

I'm also looking to see how well the reception is on the phone. At home with AT&T I average about 2-3 bars and get about 4-5 Mbps with my iPhone 4s. Can anyone comment on the signal in this phone? How are the data speeds?

If anyone has any experience with swapping between a micro sim and a regular sim could they please share.

Thanks
    12-18-2011 07:10 PM
    I have an iPhone 4s and kind of miss Android and a large display. I came from many high-end Android devices on T-Mobile and they all lagged. My worst was the HTC Sensation 4G. I plan on keeping my iPhone 4s but would like to occasionally swap devices. I haven't heard the greatest things about Qualcomm Processors. I wish this model had the original Samsung processor. Anyway, can I get some honest opinions on how smooth the phone performs? I am especially looking to see how the web browser performs. From the videos I've watched, it seems to be pretty smooth.

I'm also looking to see how well the reception is on the phone. At home with AT&T I average about 2-3 bars and get about 4-5 Mbps with my iPhone 4s. Can anyone comment on the signal in this phone? How are the data speeds?

If anyone has any experience with swapping between a micro sim and a regular sim could they please share.

Thanks
    If you are not in an LTE area get the SGSII which has the Samsung processor. There are tons of threads comparing the SGSII and Skyrocket, you can read about them ad nauseam if you would like, there are that many. The data speeds on LTE are anywhere from 15 to 65 down depending on where you live. I have received 20 down with 1 LTE bar. If you live in an LTE area the download speeds versus hspa phones kinda makes the processor debate moot. You will want LTE IMO.
    12-18-2011 07:47 PM
    there is no lag for me except in one place when minimizing home screen windows and tapping home button to get out of them. there is a very faint a few millisecond lag when doing that. aside of that i've never experienced any issues with this phone whether i would be switching between apps or playing games etc etc. so i think this homescreen minimizing lag is related to the touchwiz rather than the processor. Also I get really good reception almost anywhere in New York And LTE speeds are pretty fast It managed to hit 28 mbps DL and and 12.82 mbps upl. at one time but I see people reporting even more faster speeds (55-60 mpbs) over all a really great phone and i think it is a lot better than my previous Atrix. the only thing i miss is the notification light indicator. this phone unfortunately doesnt have it. as far as swapping sim cards i would know about it.
    MattMJB0188 likes this.
    12-18-2011 07:50 PM
    If you are not in an LTE area get the SGSII which has the Samsung processor. There are tons of threads comparing the SGSII and Skyrocket, you can read about them ad nauseam if you would like, there are that many. The data speeds on LTE are anywhere from 15 to 65 down depending on where you live. I have received 20 down with 1 LTE bar. If you live in an LTE area the download speeds versus hspa phones kinda makes the processor debate moot. You will want LTE IMO.
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think I have LTE here yet but it would be nice to be future proof. Do you know how one could occasionally swap between an iPhone 4s and Skyrocket?
    12-18-2011 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think I have LTE here yet but it would be nice to be future proof. Do you know how one could occasionally swap between an iPhone 4s and Skyrocket?
    micro sim adapter and a lte similar card
    12-18-2011 10:10 PM
    u cant as stated by sedn both use different sims one being micro and one being standard size....imo it would be a hassle and more of a pain....switching back and forth of activating each sim to use whatever phone you want to use....id stick with a phone id love using more the most and get rid of the other...just my 2 cents
    12-19-2011 02:10 AM
    You would have to have a new SIM provisioned for LTE in case you are in a LTE area, and then cut the SIM with a micro SIM cutter and get a SIM adapter (available on Amazon). Once you cut the SIM card it will fit in your iphone and you use the adapter with your SR. You will get HSPA+ speeds on your iphone and LTE on your SR in an LTE area and HSPA+ in non LTE areas. I swap my SIM with an Atrix 2 sometimes and get HSPA+ speeds without any issues and of course LTE speeds with my SR. I have heard you will not get VVM on the SR.
    12-19-2011 09:48 AM
    I do this with my iPhone and SR. I bought the sim adapter and cut it myself works great. The only thing you need is to have the account set for LTE data and you can switch anytime you want.

You would have to have a new SIM provisioned for LTE in case you are in a LTE area, and then cut the SIM with a micro SIM cutter and get a SIM adapter (available on Amazon). Once you cut the SIM card it will fit in your iphone and you use the adapter with your SR. You will get HSPA+ speeds on your iphone and LTE on your SR in an LTE area and HSPA+ in non LTE areas. I swap my SIM with an Atrix 2 sometimes and get HSPA+ speeds without any issues and of course LTE speeds with my SR. I have heard you will not get VVM on the SR.
    12-19-2011 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD