gmail contacts

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyway...

I have several Gmail accounts. One is my personal account and one is an account for a BSA Troop that I am the communications chair for. We use this account to mass email all members with a BCC. I would like the Gmail account for the BSA to sync its contacts and groups with my phone, but i dont want my phone to sync with this gmail account.

Hope that make sense

I want gmail ---> phone

I don't want phone --> gmail.

The problem is that i am not the only person that has access to this account and i dont want all of my personal contacts listed on the BSA account.

Is this possible?

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
can someone please provide directions on how to make the contacts only sync one way?

I've done my research and i cant find anything for this :-(

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you are wanting to do but if I'm understanding you correctly you just want the BSA contacts on your phone without receiving the email from the account?

If I'm correct, go to menu/settings/accounts& sync/add account. Put in the BSA credentials and once the account is set up you can select that account and tell it to only sync with contacts and not to sync the email or other stuff. On your computer your personal contacts will only show up in your personal account and the same for the BSA account.

Now, when you add a new contact from your phone you will want to pay close attention to which account the contact is being added to in the future.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that is not what i am looking to do. I want the emails and the contacts. i just dont want my contasts syncing back to the BSA account.

weaselnoze

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
if you have 2 separate google accounts added under 'accounts and sync', you have 2 SEPARATE address books. to make sure it is set up properly, under 'accounts and sync' you should see two google accounts. one for personal one for BSA. click on each one and make sure you have the proper selections checked off. in this case you would want to make sure 'contacts' and 'gmail' are checked off.

When you go into your contacts application, you will see all of them mixed together. hit menu key, click more, click display options, and you should see options to toggle the view on/off for the two different google accounts.

Now as the other guy said, set your default contact storage to whichever you prefer and remember which one it was for adding future contacts. When you add a new contact, you can decide which contact list you are adding to by clicking the drop down at the top of the new contact screen. obviously if you dont change it, then the contact will be added to the default address book/contact list.

So to recap, your google account will only sync contacts that are associated with THAT particular contact list. you don't have to worry about your personal contacts being synced with a different google account. it will only sync w/ the contact list it is associated with

Reactions: Chrstauffe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia