I have read that if a Widget resides on your HOME screen, it will be using battery power doing whatever it is supposed to do. Does this mean that whatever screen I am set to, the Widgets on that screen will be functioning and thus using power? Does this mean that Widgets on the other screens are idle?
    12-21-2011 11:32 PM
    I have read that if a Widget resides on your HOME screen, it will be using battery power doing whatever it is supposed to do. Does this mean that whatever screen I am set to, the Widgets on that screen will be functioning and thus using power? Does this mean that Widgets on the other screens are idle?
    as far as i know, they are still running in the background
    12-22-2011 07:42 AM
    However, they don't really use all that much power.

It really depends on each widgets settings and what function they are providing. Other factors like simply having your screen off play a roll.

Your biggest battery hogs are the screen brightness (the brighter the more power used), talk time, and if you stream music...

I use my phone for typical stuff... calls, pandora radio, checking the weather... i have several widgets running ... i typically get 17 hours out of a charge on my phone.
    12-23-2011 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD