Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket Anonymity

sbarbee1

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that you have to search to find any advertising or mention of the Skyrocket? The regular S II gets plenty of press. Is this a short lived product or a long term committment on Samsung's part? They sure do a good job of keeping a secret.
Steve

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Kinda hard to advertise both phones I guess. They are almost the same except for the LTE and a slightly bigger screen. Not a big difference to the the average Joe

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you're just doing a search on the Galaxy SII in general, you will most likely pull up the non-LTE version or international versions. You'd have to be more specific and mention the Skyrocket to find more hits. Incidentally, the phone has done well in head-to-head matchups in a number of sites, phonedog.com most recently.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the OP, no matter how you word it on Google it's hard to find press, info, articles, and most importantly ACCESSORIES for the Skyrocket!

You have no problem finding plenty of info and accessories on the regular Galaxy S2. Probably because it's a phone used globally and the Skyrocket is US only on AT&T and the size dimensions and camera placement are slightly different... But c'mon!! I really would like to see more manufacturers make cases, holsters and other accessories for it! My Dad has the original Galaxy S and has a Bodyglove rubber case for his which I really like. It's a soft touch glossy black rubber snug fit case. Bodyglove doesn't make anything like that. Also there are limited case options for this phone. I have the Otterbox Commuter Series which I really like but I would like a holster option too.

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
AT&T doesn't want to fully promote the Skyrocket yet until thier LTE is fully rolled out.

I think so...wish I had more info on that before I traded my other phone for this in. Should of got the OG, LTE service is in my apartment. It's true though, you rarely see advertisements for the Skyrocket, TV, magazines or otherwise.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the fact its not everywhere, people see the screen on my skyrocket and ask what kind of phone is that and i tell them" its a skyrocket" they all say "never heard of it." Then I get to show it off, I'm converting hardcore iPhone people over to skyrocket users everyday.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I like the fact its not everywhere, people see the screen on my skyrocket and ask what kind of phone is that and i tell them" its a skyrocket" they all say "never heard of it." Then I get to show it off, I'm converting hardcore iPhone people over to skyrocket users everyday.

That's what I like about it too...has that exclusivity about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

NM 156

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think so...wish I had more info on that before I traded my other phone for this in. Should of got the OG, LTE service is in my apartment. It's true though, you rarely see advertisements for the Skyrocket, TV, magazines or otherwise.

I sure keep seeing the commercials for the vivid... If there is one for the skyrocket haven't seen it yet

Just starting to see TV ads for the Skyrocket... It's an awesome phone in my opinion... They should market it better than that commercial...

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Skyrocket the phone in the "You guys know how to post videos to Facebook?" commercial? That one runs quite frequently.

asorrell

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just a Galaxy S II thing. Basically Samsung just promotes the SII line and then people can go to their respective carrier and decide which version they want. It's kinda stupid to promote every single version since basically they are the same except different screen sizes or LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084