Battery trouble right out of the box...

codebluechris

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got a shiny new Skyrocket from AT&T Dec. 26, and the battery will not charge. It was at 60% when I brought it home, and despite every effort, the battery level has only gone down. Local AT&T store is stumped and replacement phone on its way (store had no matching batteries to swap).

Any ideas? Most obvious answer is bad battery or contacts. It never warmed during charge, but seemed to discharge at a normal rate.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thats odd, must be bad battery/connection, when I got my skyrocket I had nothing but trouble with it, at&t ended up giving me 3 different skyrocket phone before I got one that worked properly.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Also at&t should have gave you a new skyrocket on the spot when you went to the local store, like I said when I went to the at&t store and reported my problems with stumped the as well, the guy went strait to the back and got me a new one still in the box, this happened 3 times.

codebluechris

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, though now I'm feeling less confident in my choice at this point...

Samsung, why the spotty quality control for this phone? I am hearing way too many tales of multiple returns. I gave my rock-solid Captivate away and am starting to regret my decision...

dahkillah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, though now I'm feeling less confident in my choice at this point...

Samsung, why the spotty quality control for this phone? I am hearing way too many tales of multiple returns. I gave my rock-solid Captivate away and am starting to regret my decision...

Don't worry, I got the same feeling when I have to bring in my phone because of the screen lines issue. They gave me new phone on the spot and everything is now perfect (well not so perfect because this phone eats battery really bad) and I am more than happy with my new phone.

jdm-skyrocket

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Basically its a new design that was pushed to public to quickly. I assume they rushed it out to compete with the iPhone 4s.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084